Robby Anderson arrested again OOF

Matt39

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart sunk when I heard this, I know the guy isn't very bright, but it blows my mind when all you have to do is don't be stupid, and the Jets will make you very rich. Instead he may very well be done in the NFL.

It's double frustrating since he's our best WR, and has game breaking speed. The GM's going have to pay a lot of $ in FA to get a replacement. It also changes the rebuild plans reducing what we have to spend in other key areas.

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

His wife was caught cheating it looks like.  Robbie flipped. Why he was bringing up banging the cops wife because someone banging his was in his mind. Cop may have saved her life. 

72E24936-81AB-43EE-9ACE-D98298C45945.png

So what I take from this is, he stormed out of the scene where he found his wife cheating and probably was pissed ..got in the car and took off going 60 over the limit..already in a foul mood after getting his heart broke he then flipped on the cop and gave him some of what he was feeling with the comments about the cops wife....ay...I feel for him but he CANNOT DO THAT.. no matter the situation...but now I think we have a better understanding of why at the very least...

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

So what I take from this is, he stormed out of the scene where he found his wife cheating and probably was pissed ..got in the car and took off going 60 over the limit..already in a foul mood after getting his heart broke he then flipped on the cop and gave him some of what he was feeling with the comments about the cops wife....ay...I feel for him but he CANNOT DO THAT.. no matter the situation...but now I think we have a better understanding of why at the very least...

I wonder if Florida law recognizes the "My wife is a strumpet" defense. :-k

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They've got Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman.  Why on earth would they want him?

Josh Gordon's contract runs out this year, he's an RFA, I can't see them resigning him.

That said you're right, getting rid of one **** up to sign another ? Hardly, no team wants a wide receiver that favours an eye socket...

Still no word from the organization on this?

Back to back 5-11 seasons, multiple arrests, drafting back to back safeties and Bowles gives us nothing. No accountability, no specifics, bad drafts, no QB. This guy is going to swindle another 3 years out of the Johnsons without committing to a young QB. We’re all being punked.

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Still no word from the organization on this?

Back to back 5-11 seasons, multiple arrests, drafting back to back safeties and Bowles gives us nothing. No accountability, no specifics, bad drafts, no QB. This guy is going to swindle another 3 years out of the Johnsons without committing to a young QB. We’re all being punked.

They said they’re aware of the situation. It’s a pending legal matter. 

Calm down. 

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

They said they’re aware of the situation. It’s a pending legal matter. 

Calm down. 

The situation? 5-11, 5-11 and still no sign of a QB. Arrests, veterans outright quitting. Most pathetic organization in sports. Can the coach make any sort of useful statement? Ever?  You can say nothing when you’re winning. The team is currently an outright dumpster fire.

Anderson needs to apologize, donate to the PBA, volunteer at the Boys Club and, now that is wife in Florida is done, move to NJ with a sober companion.   He will see a therapist multiple times per week.  

He will train everyday at Florham Park,put on muscle weight and play catch with Hack. My guess is that Hack is still in NJ while Anderson is clowning around Florida.

Jets will extend him for 2019 that pays him bonuses for doing what he is supposed to do.   He will get paid fairly per game that he is not suspended or jail for.  

Fwiw, other than moronic comments he has stayed out of trouble during the season. He loses his mind in Florida. 

That is what I would do. 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The situation? 5-11, 5-11 and still no sign of a QB. Arrests, veterans outright quitting. Most pathetic organization in sports. Can the coach make any sort of useful statement? Ever?  You can say nothing when you’re winning. The team is currently an outright dumpster fire.

They’re aware of the Anderson situation. They can’t say anything else while it’s pending legal matter. 

Have a little too much coffee this morning?

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

They’re aware of the Anderson situation. They can’t say anything else while it’s pending legal matter. 

Have a little too much coffee this morning?

Sure they can, especially after two arrests in less than two years.  Things like:  "This behavior does not represent what the NY Jets are/should be about."  "The entire organization, especially our owner, is disappointed in Robbie's off field behavior."  Or, my personal choice: "We have decied to release Robbie Anderson after he has violated our personal conduct requirements."

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Sure they can, especially after two arrests in less than two years.  Things like:  "This behavior does not represent what the NY Jets are/should be about."  "The entire organization, especially our owner, is disappointed in Robbie's off field behavior."  Or, my personal choice: "We have decied to release Robbie Anderson after he has violated our personal conduct requirements."

I meant won’t not can’t. There’s no reason to say anything like that when they haven’t even talked to Robby yet. It’s not a big deal but sure let’s make it one. Why not. 

Just now, MDL_JET said:

I meant won’t not can’t. There’s reason to say anything like that when they haven’t even talked to Robby yet. It’s not a big deal but sure let’s make it won’t. Why not. 

Got it.  But in my opinion, I think his behavior has gone beyond talking to Anderson.  There are many examples of him being a punk (putz also) on the field and off.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

"We appreciate John's contributions and wish him the best moving forward," Bowles said in a statement.

youre welcome. 

In a “statement” lol

no accountability, no QB- but we got prepared statements with zero explanation behind the decision. Where’s the new OC anyways?

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In a “statement” lol

no accountability, no QB- but we got prepared statements with zero explanation behind the decision. Where’s the new OC anyways?

What’s he have to explain it for? 

Pete Carroll did the same. Mike Tomlin did the same. Step away from the ledge a bit. 

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

What’s he have to explain it for? 

Pete Carroll did the same. Mike Tomlin did the same. Step away from the ledge a bit. 

Those teams actually, you know, win. 

You cant draft back to back safeties, ignore the most important position on the field for 3 years, have the highest paid player on the team outright quit, twice...and then no show with vague prepared statements about why guys are getting arrested multiple times. The organization looks like a total dysfunctional mess. Bowles saying nothing either means he doesn’t care or he’s lost. He’s in charge here. I guess we’re just suckers.

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Intelligent analysis if Anderson caught his wife cheating.  No excuse for his actions
but his reaction is now understandable.  The league will probably hit him with a 2
game suspension and he needs to enroll in a anger management course

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Intelligent analysis if Anderson caught his wife cheating.  No excuse for his actions
but his reaction is now understandable.  The league will probably hit him with a 2
game suspension and he needs to enroll in a anger management course

Great.  Let Anderson do his suspension/anger management class with another team.  The guy is a walking time bomb on the field and off.  Classic guy who gets a major penalty in a key spot or arrested before a key game.  Fuk that noise.  We don't need it or him.

10 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

His wife was caught cheating it looks like.  Robbie flipped. Why he was bringing up banging the cops wife because someone banging his was in his mind. Cop may have saved her life. 

I'm not sure the cheating wife angle is what I take away out of this.    The last tweet is 34 mins before the time of arrest.  More then likely the TOA was when Anderson was booked at the jail.  If these tweets were made before his contact with the officer, there just isn't enough time.

This whole drama took awhile.  In his report the cop says first Anderson fled, slowed down, and sped up again.  After he puled over, and before the cop approached him, the cop wisely called for back up.  2 other units from his department responded to aide in the arrest, they also had to wait for an officer from the jurisdiction Anderson had fled to.  Then approach him, more then likely perform a field sobriety test, interview him, and get him into the car with some struggle, and transport him to jail.

I suspect Anderson made these tweets while the cop was waiting for all the back up as Anderson realized he was going to be arrested again, and possibility lose his job.  JMO     

16 hours ago, lounap23 said:

Assault charges based on alleged comments made about F'ng the police officers wife......  I'll assume most if not all posters in here are NY'ers.  So with that said I guess all of us can be arrested for assault charges and we are a bunch pf punks... Not defending him but lets get some perspective here.  The words were harsh, immature, idiotic and crude but assault LOL.... I'll bet you 7 of the 9 charges are dropped because they are a reach at best.

And anyone would take Gordon over Anderson....    Talent wise... But Gordon is one tiny mistake of being banned for life.  Anderson hasn't had any disciplinary action against him yet.  It's coming but it'll only be strike one.

Interesting points.  I do agree that oftentimes police file a bunch of charges just to give themselves a fall back in case some other charge doesn't stick.  And I will think that there are definitely cases where police abuse their power (to Kaepernick's point).  However, if these charges are true then I wouldn't classify Anderson as "immature" but rather as a total headcase.  Josh Gordon has his issues but they're not "lash out angry" issues.  And while of course Gordon is the much greater talent, I meant that I would take Gordon's issues over Robbie's issues any day (assuming other things equal).  I still don't think Gordon did anything really wrong (though I will say that it's hard to believe he couldn't control his desire to get high enough to make the millions of dollars that he could have).  I still wouldn't mind acquiring Gordon btw. 

Could you imagine if Gordon got a lifetime ban for weed and then the country made weed legal?  That would be Goodell in yet another bind.

12 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

So following your line of thinking, he caught his wife banging the dog?

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

I'm not sure the cheating wife angle is what I take away out of this.    The last tweet is 34 mins before the time of arrest.  More then likely the TOA was when Anderson was booked at the jail.  If these tweets were made before his contact with the officer, there just isn't enough time.

This whole drama took awhile.  In his report the cop says first Anderson fled, slowed down, and sped up again.  After he puled over, and before the cop approached him, the cop wisely called for back up.  2 other units from his department responded to aide in the arrest, they also had to wait for an officer from the jurisdiction Anderson had fled to.  Then approach him, more then likely perform a field sobriety test, interview him, and get him into the car with some struggle, and transport him to jail.

I suspect Anderson made these tweets while the cop was waiting for all the back up as Anderson realized he was going to be arrested again, and possibility lose his job.  JMO     

So you think instead of trying to get away, this dumb F was on twitter instead ? ? if that is the case I really want him out ha

11 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

So you think instead of trying to get away, this dumb F was on twitter instead ? ? if that is the case I really want him out ha

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

You really give this man’s thought process THAT much credit, to where you think he would get on Twitter in the midst of it all and try to give himself a cover up story as quickly as possible? ..I know I don’t. 

Archived