Robby Anderson arrested again OOF

Matt39

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/21/2018 at 9:15 AM, Warfish said:

What's to evaluate?  Someone who, 100% sober, would do what he did is either a complete moron, or a low class thug, or a combination of the two.

I don't care what the Jets do.  The Jets are a business, they're in it to win games and titles, not to win community service awards, and Anderson has asset value to them.  No one is going to stop watching or paying the Jets because of Anderson, so the business decision is obvious.

What I care about is what the COURT SYSTEM does.  If Anderson walks, it'll be yet another example that justice and law enforcement ISN'T based on skin tone, it's based on socio-economic class status.  The poor (often black, but plenty of whites too) get ****ed, the rich (mostly white, but some black too) get to walk.

Anderson deserves the book thrown at him for what he did, both for the risk he caused innocent folks he could have hit and killed in his little tantrum, and to set judicial precedent that being rich and (semi)famous is not a get out of jail free card.

anderson isn't rich.  i bet he's got less than 100k in the bank account and it will all be gone by the end of these trials.  but i do agree with you on the class destinction.

On 1/20/2018 at 3:31 PM, Hitman Harris said:

9 times out of 10 that "resisting arrest" is a BS lie they use to add charges or assault you. 

I can find you countless videos of terrible cops screaming "STOP RESISTING" to someone on their knees, laying on the ground, etc, just before being kicked in the face, beat to hell, shot, or straight up beaten murdered beyond recognition while begging for mercy and choking on their own blood. 

"Resisting arrest" ... SMH GFY 

9 out of 10 seems VERY high..

On 1/21/2018 at 8:13 AM, MaxAF said:

Anderson has/had potential for greatness....and individuals, not coaches, are responsible for their own actions. 

Greatness? Greatness? He couldn’t hold Ted Ginn’s jock strap at this point. 

On 1/21/2018 at 10:19 AM, FidelioJet said:

This post, specifically the highlighted sentence is specifically why so many are frustrated with people that are simply here to hate on the Jets.  

NFL players doing stupid things and getting arrested is NOT unique to the Jets - my guess is they've actually had less incidents than the average team.

Somebody posted an article on here last week that said over the last 3 years they are 2nd in the league.  Just looked for it, but can't remember what thread it's in

On 1/21/2018 at 8:56 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love this board. The same people mocking the front office for targeting high character guys kills the same front office when one guy is a loose cannon. 

It's the NFL. Every team has a crack head like Anderson. Do I like it? No. Do I want him cut so another team can pick him up and become a solid weapon? Hell no.

The Vikings are considered a well run organization and they had no problem drafting dalvin cook.

The chiefs are a well run organization and they had no problem drafting tyreke hill.

The giants have put up with Odell and his nonsense. (Yeah yeah, I know he hasn't been arrested but he's been erratic and a distraction)

No one is suggesting the cowboys cut Zeke.

Aqib talib was once arrested for gun and assault charges and the broncos love him. 

But for some reason the Jets aren't allowed to have their own knucklehead? 

I havent seen anyone killing the FO for this...

Archived