Robby Anderson arrested again OOF

Matt39

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yeah but was that as bad as the Marshall/Richardson thing? those guys still go at it in the media and I also never recall a Jets player getting his jaw broken in the LR under Rex.

It also has to do with the reaction. IK (drafted by Rex) was immediately cut. 

Richardson was traded, Marshall was let go.

And actually as I think about it the HOlmes thing is worse because it actually 100% affected a game directly. Arguements between Richardson and Marshall affected the locker room but not directly the game

@nyjunc

I was on Twitter when this news broke. It took about an hour or so to be trending on Twitter. I think under Rex it would have trended faster/caught quicker attention

Also the focus of the incident I would think is on the player and not the coach and GM by the general public. If Rex was still the coach, some of the focus would go to him

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It also has to do with the reaction. IK (drafted by Rex) was immediately cut. 

Richardson was traded, Marshall was let go.

And actually as I think about it the HOlmes thing is worse because it actually 100% affected a game directly. Arguements between Richardson and Marshall affected the locker room but not directly the game

rex wasn't the GM and if Ik was a good player he wouldn't have been cut.

Richardson wants big money and doesn't produce like a big money player

Marshall is at the end of his career.  you think we would have cut Marshall after 2015?  we let a lot of players go last year, some problems and some good LR guys. They didn't get rid of those guys for those issues or they would have cut them at the time rather than wait until the offseason for Marshall and wait until almost the next season to move Richardson.

Richardson and Marshall affected a SEASON not a game.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

rex wasn't the GM and if Ik was a good player he wouldn't have been cut.

Richardson wants big money and doesn't produce like a big money player

Marshall is at the end of his career.  you think we would have cut Marshall after 2015?  we let a lot of players go last year, some problems and some good LR guys. They didn't get rid of those guys for those issues or they would have cut them at the time rather than wait until the offseason for Marshall and wait until almost the next season to move Richardson.

Richardson and Marshall affected a SEASON not a game.

Not directly though. Inner conflicts can occur with success (Bronx Zoo)

It sounds like you are looking for a reason to hate on Bowles, of which there are a few.

But this doesnt hold water

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

@nyjunc

I was on Twitter when this news broke. It took about an hour or so to be trending on Twitter. I think under Rex it would have trended faster/caught quicker attention

Also the focus of the incident I would think is on the player and not the coach and GM by the general public. If Rex was still the coach, some of the focus would go to him

My point was more about Bowles anyway, we were told how he cleaned up the LR and that's just not true.  The team is as dysfunctional as ever and even worse they are dysfunctional on the field.

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

Holmes and Hunter got in a fight on the field. Rex made Holmes a captain when the whole team hated him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

yes, at the end of a game after we were eliminated fro0m playoff contention.

the whole team didn't hate Holmes.  That doesn't mean he should have been a captain but he wasn't hated especially going into 2011. No one hated him w/ all his big catches in 2010.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

You're getting to caught up in the word "kid". It's a figure of speech. He's an adult, I get it. The point is he's an immature guy.

He's clearly a talented player. My point is I think the Jets should stick with him and hope he matures.

Speeding and acting like an idiot is excusable immature stuff that people can grow out of.

Getting in a fight at a music festival is immature stuff that people can grow out of.

Threatening to find a cop's wife and rape her? Yeah no. That's some deep psychological sh*t that simple aging does not cure.

My point was more about Bowles anyway, we were told how he cleaned up the LR and that's just not true.  The team is as dysfunctional as ever and even worse they are dysfunctional on the field.

yes, at the end of a game after we were eliminated fro0m playoff contention.

the whole team didn't hate Holmes.  That doesn't mean he should have been a captain but he wasn't hated especially going into 2011. No one hated him w/ all his big catches in 2010.

No they're not. Now I know you are looking for a reason to hate on Bowles, of which there are a few.

This isn't one. This is about a player who is stupid and needs anger management. This is not about a head coach. This is about a player alone

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IF FOUND GUILTY CUT HIM 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=39cf8ad10baac159

Robby AndersonBroward County Sheriff's Department

Jets receiver Robby Anderson was arrested for a second time in Florida on Friday morning.

According to the police report from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, Anderson faces nine charges: harm to a public servant/family, reckless driving, eluding police, and resisting arrest, fleeing while lights/siren active, failure to drive in a single lane, two counts of disobeying a red light, speeding and turning without a signal.

According to a Miami radio station, Anderson was going 105 miles per hour in a 45-mph zone. After he ran two red lights and finally stopped, Anderson allegedly threatened to find and sexually assault the arresting officer’s wife.

Anderson allegedly told the arresting officer he was going to find his wife, “f–k her and n-t in her eye.”

“We are aware of the situation. This is a pending legal matter and we will have no further comment,” a Jets spokesman said in a statement.

Anderson, 24, emerged as a star for the Jets this season, catching 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns.

Last May, Anderson was charged with a felony count of resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice after an incident at a concert. That case is still pending.

Anderson posted an angry Twitter message early Friday.

@nyjunc Basically you are saying that 

A: The Patriots are dysfunctional because they drafted somebody who turned into a murderer

B: The Steelers are dysfunctional because they have an alleged rapist playing QB.

C: The Ravens are dysfunctional because they drafted a RB who beat his wife.

D: The Cowboys are dysfunctional because they signed a pass rusher who beat a woman and wouldnt apologize for it.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

A: The Patriots are dysfunctional because they drafted somebody who turned into a murderer

B: The Steelers are dysfunctional because they have an alleged rapist playing QB.

All this teams have some type of success not saying that what you wrote isn't true, but we have no success and the sh*t bag player. 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not directly though. Inner conflicts can occur with success (Bronx Zoo)

It sounds like you are looking for a reason to hate on Bowles, of which there are a few.

But this doesnt hold water

actually I have looked for reasons to like him and as a coach I can't come up w/ any.  This was supposed to be one opf the areas he was good at as a HC but clearly that's not the case. 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No they're not. Now I know you are looking for a reason to hate on Bowles, of which there are a few.

This isn't one. This is about a player who is stupid and needs anger management. This is not about a head coach. This is about a player alone

so if the LR is good it's about the HC, if there are issues it's not?  I don't get it?  we have had a million issues in the 3 years he's been here, putting Anderson aside it's still a mess. we had another guy arrested recently(Rashard Robinson), Richardson was arrested under Bowles as was Mauldin.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

All this teams have some type of success not saying that what you wrote isn't true, but we have no success and the sh*t bag player. 

No no. Success means bullsh*t off the field

Each franchise off the field should be treated equally. On the field stuff stays on the field

So bringing on the field success into this juncture is bullsh*t

actually I have looked for reasons to like him and as a coach I can't come up w/ any.  This was supposed to be one opf the areas he was good at as a HC but clearly that's not the case. 

so if the LR is good it's about the HC, if there are issues it's not?  I don't get it?  we have had a million issues in the 3 years he's been here, putting Anderson aside it's still a mess. we had another guy arrested recently(Rashard Robinson), Richardson was arrested under Bowles as was Mauldin.

UNless the arrests took place in the locker room, I couldn't care less. 

Outside the stadium and the camp, Todd Bowles is free of responsibility. IMO. It's up to the players core of family and friends to help him. As well the player himself to look after himself

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

D: The Cowboys are dysfunctional because they signed a pass rusher who beat a woman and wouldnt apologize for it.

you know we have had a bunch of arrst since Bowles took over, right? and a ton of LR incidents.  How many of those coaches saw their starting QB sucker punched w/ a broken jaw by a teammate? bad things will happen everywhere but it has become a trend here.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Speeding and acting like an idiot is excusable immature stuff that people can grow out of.

Getting in a fight at a music festival is immature stuff that people can grow out of.

Threatening to find a cop's wife and rape her? Yeah no. That's some deep psychological sh*t that simple aging does not cure.

He's clearly a thug and probably future felon (if he isn't one already) but I just don't believe he was going to find his wife and follow thru with his threat. I feel like he was just talking sh*t to try and piss the cop off. But I don't know, I wasn't there. Send him to psychological counseling.

I don't think we should give up on a pretty talented player because of this. He's obviously a troubled person and disrespecting the police is disgusting, let alone threatening to do what he said to the cops wife, but the Jets know him better than we do. Get him some help and see if he matures.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

you know we have had a bunch of arrst since Bowles took over, right? and a ton of LR incidents.  How many of those coaches saw their starting QB sucker punched w/ a broken jaw by a teammate? bad things will happen everywhere but it has become a trend here.

So has everybody else, hence the points I have made.. Take a number. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Outside the stadium, Todd Bowles is free of responsibility. IMO. It's up to the players core of family and friends to help him.

So all you care about is whether Todd Bowles name is clear in all of this. Are you a relative , his agent , his press secretary. These arrests affect the Jets as a team and all you care about is if Todd Bowles should be blamed.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Outside the stadium, Todd Bowles is free of responsibility. IMO. It's up to the players core of family and friends to help him.

putting all the arrests and bad behavior off the field aside, we have had issues every year inside that LR.  what does that say about the leader in charge?

1 hour ago, BigO said:

Seriously- if you’re driving and get stopped by a cop #1 pull over and turn off your engine. 2 turn on your cabin lights 3. Put your hands on the steering wheel at 10 and 2 o clock. When the cop ?‍♀️ comes by your window say ‘Good day officer’. This was taught to me by a fellow friend whose a cop. And don’t ****in argue!

But that's known as common sense... something that is seriously lacking in those with the hood mentality  :/

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

So all you care about is whether Todd Bowles name is clear in all of this. Are you a relative , his agent , his press secretary. These arrests affect the Jets as a team and all you care about is if Todd Bowles should be blamed.

Because I believe in justice and fair play. And I believe that blaming the head coach in this situation is just another way of deflecting responsibility from the player. It;'s like blaming video games for violence in children. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

This dumbass D-boy picked the wrong offseason to pull this sh*t. 100 million in the bank.!

bout to brush him off our shoulder and slap some BUCKS down on a dude who can handle being a professional sports figure. 2 arrest in 2 consecutive offseasons? Yeah.. he needs to GET THE F*CK..

In English please.

33 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He said a horrible thing to the cop but I think we all know he wasn't actually going to do it. It sounds like it's something he just said because he was mad. It's obviously a disgusting comment and totally uncalled for, especially with everything going on in society today.

He'll probably get a game or two. I don't think we should be giving up on him because of this. He's a 24 year old kid. I'd stick with him and hope he grows up. JMO

Why would we all know this?

Didn't get a DUI, so it probably wasn't alcohol induced

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because I believe in justice and fair play. And I believe that blaming the head coach in this situation is just another way of deflecting responsibility from the player. It;'s like blaming video games for violence in children. 

when the media praises him for cleaning up the LR b/c they are looking for anything they can say positive about him then this stuff comes into play. whether on or off he has not cleaned anything up, it is messier than ever before.

Archived