Robby Anderson arrested again OOF

Matt39

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

was there ever an all out war in the LR like we had last year w/ Marshall and Richardson?  this year mediocre players are calling out coaches, etc...

The biggest circus we had under Rex was the Tebow thing and he had nothing to do w/ that. he did have his foot fetish thing but that was quickly squashed and we made a run to the title game after that. Bowles isn't good on the field or off it.

Holmes. Rex guy.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

I'm sure we've all wanted to say that to a cop or two.

Robby was just speaking for all of us.

not for those of us that obey the law and respect law enforcement

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not this year. Mo was sat down accordingly. Unless you got something else?

awesome job sitting Mo down when the season was over.  Mo has been doing this all 3 years he's been here and now knowing he is getting cut and w/ the season over he sits him.  what a disciplinarian!  by the way, players aren't stupid, they see right through that BS.

Just now, nyjunc said:

when the media praises him for cleaning up the LR b/c they are looking for anything they can say positive about him then this stuff comes into play. whether on or off he has not cleaned anything up, it is messier than ever before.

Cleaning up the locker room does not mean cleaning up the individual players. It mean cleaning up the relationship between the players and how they work together as a unit. It has nothing to do with stuff that happens outside. That's on the players. 

Or at least it should be if we're not enabling.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Holmes. Rex guy.

I know, there was an incident in a game after the Jets were eliminated from playoff contention. Our whole season was basically ruined by LR dysfunction a year ago.  we didn't even compete and oh by the way Holmes helped us reach the doorstep of the Super Bowl a year earlier.  None of the guys involved in these issues has ever even helped the Jets reach the playoffs.

Cleaning up the locker room does not mean cleaning up the individual players. It mean cleaning up the relationship between the players and how they work together as a unit. It has nothing to do with stuff that happens outside. That's on the players. 

Or at least it should be if we're not enabling.

and you are telling me he has done that?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

awesome job sitting Mo down when the season was over.  Mo has been doing this all 3 years he's been here and now knowing he is getting cut and w/ the season over he sits him.  what a disciplinarian!  by the way, players aren't stupid, they see right through that BS.

And how many other incidents were there?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

and you are telling me he has done that?

Yes I have. Because you've have not heard about in fighting and quitting mentality from the players.

Ironically, the only quitting mentality you heard from that locker room was Morton and he was let go!

And Mo's going to go too. So at the end of the day, he's done a great job in that regard.

55 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is aggressive. Thankfully he didnt hurt anyone, but if he's willing to change from this event- there's hope. It's also possible he's just an a$$hole. 

Tough call. Guys who are 6’3 and run 4.3/40’s have to try hard to go undrafted. Seems we’re finding out why. 

Yes I have. Because you've have not heard about in fighting and quitting mentality from the players.

Ironically, the only quitting mentality you heard from that locker room was Morton and he was let go!

ha. the team didn't quit on 2016? you didn't hear about any infighting? come on.

Morton got his direction from Bowles to quit on that game.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

putting all the arrests and bad behavior off the field aside, we have had issues every year inside that LR.  what does that say about the leader in charge?

According to USA today, since 2015, we have had the second most arrests of any NFL team.  This will make 8: 

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/all/nyj/all/

Robby 2x

Rashard Robinson

Mauldin

Revis (Charges dropped)

Chris Johnson (Charges dropped)

Oday Aboushi

Sheldon

Even if you eliminate the two with charges dropped, we are at 6, 3rd behind GB with 9 and Indy with 7.

Guys saying he will be cut are wayyy overreacting. How different is this than Sheldon, who was also speeding (faster), also did not pull over, tried to hide, had a gun in his car, and last but not least had a 12 year old in the car. 

Anderson will be suspended, fined and that's about it. Yeah he said some stupid stuff to a cop too but give me a break. 

Just now, Lith said:

According to USA today, since 2015, we have had the second most arrests of any NFL team.  This will make 8: 

Robby 2x

Rashard Robinson

Mauldin

Revis (Charges dropped)

Oday Aboushi

Sheldon

Even if you eliminate the two with charges dropped, we are at 6, 3rd behind GB with 9 and Indy with 7.

I dont ******* care. That's outside the locker room. That's on the players themselves for being idiots.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/all/nyj/all/

Robby 2x

Rashard Robinson

Mauldin

Revis (Charges dropped)

Oday Aboushi

Sheldon

just bad luck TBQH

I dont ******* care. That's outside the locker room. That's on the players themselves for being idiots.

Just was curious how we compared to other teams.  Not well.  Not telling anyone how to feel about it.

He was sat during year 2 as well.

At the end of the day, you hate Todd Bowles and are trying to push a narrative that really isn't on him. So whatever I say will not convince you. 

he missed a whole quarter in a lost season, wow!

I want to like Bowles but he's been terrible in all aspects of his job.

tell me one thing he does well?

Just now, nyjunc said:

he missed a whole quarter in a lost season, wow!

I want to like Bowles but he's been terrible in all aspects of his job.

tell me one thing he does well?

And therein lies the narrative. You want to complain about Bowles more than worry and complain about Anderson. You want to push your narrative. The problem is that your narrative doesn't work in this particular instance.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not this year. Mo was sat down accordingly. Unless you got something else?

Um, just last year Coach Bowles made Sheldon and Mo team captains immediately following the incidents where Sheldon was snapchatting from the lockerroom on gameday about banging ho's,  and Mo was chronically missing meetings and showing up late. Horrible leadership.

The decision to shut Mo down this yr seems to have come from over TB's head, just as the decision to get Sheldon out of town seems to be. 

"I mean clearly  Belichick is not a good coach because they had a murderer in their locker room.

Oh but because he wins a lot of ******* games, he has the moral high ground."

What bullsh*t.

when you win you tend to get less negative press and that was an isolated thing.  it's not like he has had numerous murderer's on his team.

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because I believe in justice and fair play. And I believe that blaming the head coach in this situation is just another way of deflecting responsibility from the player. It;'s like blaming video games for violence in children. 

In that case do you blame the child or blame the parents for enabling the child to play the game.

While Bowles isn't Robbie's parent, him and the Jets serve a leadership role as an employer. Can you get away with Robbie's behavior and keep your job. You want to deflect all blame from Bowles and the Jets but they are the ones handing Robbie the big $$$$ because he can run and catch a football, they share some ownership is this , they either cut the player or get him the help he needs. 

And therein lies the narrative. You want to complain about Bowles more than worry and complain about Anderson. You want to push your narrative. The problem is that your narrative doesn't work in this particular instance.

I explained it, the media went wild telling us how great he was at cleaning the LR.  that was a lie.

The thing is you like him and will make excuses.  I ask again, what does he do well?

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Send a message..cut him..let players know this clown sh*t better never happen again.. everyone in the locker room knows Robby was our #1 WR..let people know that no one is untouchable. We can get someone good in FA anyway.

Use that term #1 loosely he was the NY Jets #1 WR in my opinion he was nowhere near the quality or caliber of a true NFL #1 WR. 

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I explained it, the media went wild telling us how great he was at cleaning the LR.  that was a lie.

The thing is you like him and will make excuses.  I ask again, what does he do well?

I don’t particulary care for his coaching. His in game coaching Is horrific.

But the fact that he is a meh coach has no relation to this incident.

Using this incident to support the notion that Bowles is a bad HC, even if that notion is true, is unfair and wrong.

And if you can’t undestand that then I don’t know what to tell you

Archived