Robby Anderson arrested again OOF

Matt39

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I doubt he's charged with much, it sounds like a lot of it won't stick. I think Macc will consider so WRs for sure now. We have him under team control for 2 more years on the cheap anyway.

I'd enjoy the cheap two years. Giving him any sort of big contract would just be trouble. 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'd guess everyone at Florham Park knew this guy was a ticking time bomb. Figured they get the most out of him while they could- granted he's a fairly one dimensional player but he was the only guy on the roster capable of scoring touchdowns further than 10 yards out. Immaturity can kill careers unfortunately. 

I didn't realize that was the feeling around Floram Park. Was it a player or coach that thought he was a ticking time bomb?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

You don;t seem to know how this type of thing works about adjusting peoples attitudes work ethics, behavior.

Those should be taught to the people when they are children by parents. 

Otherwise it should also be an innate trait. 

You are, in effect, a coddler by putting responsibility on Bowles rather than the individual himself.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

I'm starting to think that the reason why he was a UFDA was due to character issues. Guy is definitely getting suspended. Hell he is still awaiting trial on the other charges. I would not be surprised if he did some time because of that.

. .

Unfortunately getting suspended may be the least of his problems.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Was he charged with drunk driving? 

If this link is accurate it sounds more like the police tried to pull him over, he ran and then resisted arrest.

http://slaterscoops.com/news/2018/1/19/exclusive-jets-wr-robby-anderson-arrested-again-in-south-florida

Anderson is facing several serious charges including: harm to a public servant/family, reckless driving, eluding police, and resisting arrest.

18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's almost like the guys picking the players don't have a ******* clue what they're doing.

The only reason you get a guy with his level of physical talent as a UDFA is because the entire world knows he is a knucklehead. Costs us almost nothing if they choose to dump him or keep him. Perfectly good gamble by Mac.

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If this link is accurate it sounds more like the police tried to pull him over, he ran and then resisted arrest.

http://slaterscoops.com/news/2018/1/19/exclusive-jets-wr-robby-anderson-arrested-again-in-south-florida

Oh yes Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan should have told him not to run away from the cops.

PATHETIC.....

Does anyone realize how hard it is to get arrested, let alone to get hit with nine charges?

I could literally go streaking through Times Square and crow-hop my fist into the Naked Cowgirl's face and I'd still receive fewer charges than Robby Anderson.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

E37FAF38-3931-4727-9A33-995B5CBC8E20.jpeg

Huckleberry: ‘Red light, speeding, reckless driving. Theses are extremely serious charges. This administration will not tolerate this anti social behavior from rich black football players who kneel during the national anthem. I’ll be talking to Woody about this and Anderson will get a warning BUT Woody will have to agree to play Petty and Hack for the 2018 season. That’s justifiable punishment’.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Oh yes Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan should have told him not to run away from the cops.

PATHETIC.....

Mike McCaganans job is to obtain good long term reliable players for the new york jets football team.

If half the team are quitters (see mo wilk and revis who were paid a gazillion dollars) or robbie anderson (who was viewed as a gem and frok whom he got a ton of accolades).

Last off-season's incident deserved a simple "f*ck."

I have been one of Robby's biggest, if not the biggest, believers in his ability as wide receiver talent.  And now this...

A single cuss word just won't cut it this time.

He is perilously close to destroying what could be a really good career, and ruining one's life is always in play too for a failed professional athlete due to legal troubles.

I must be a hypocrite.  I blasted Sheldumb for sh*t like this.  And yet, I have no desire to do the same to the Jet I adopted as my favorite.

Screw it.    Cut him.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Mike McCaganans job is to obtain good long term reliable players for the new york jets football team.

If half the team are quitters (see mo wilk and revis who were paid a gazillion dollars) or robbie anderson (who was viewed as a gem and frok whom he got a ton of accolades).

NO NO NO. You dont get to shift blame on him or Bowles today. That is coddling of the highest order.

That's enabling. 

We're like the Oakland Raiders, but without the tough legit bad-ass intimidation factor of Oakland.

Seems like every year we have 5 guys or so in trouble with the law, and 5 guys in trouble with the team for being lazy and unmotivated.

At some point you have to ask why and who is at fault for the exceptionally low character people we employ.

Archived