Robby Anderson arrested again OOF

Matt39

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I'm sure the cop didn't actually fear for his wife's safety. This is the way kids speak to authority now.

Most of those charges will be dropped and he will plead guilty to reckless driving, running a light, and resisting arrest. 

They add in the other charges so they have ammo to force a plea. 

He's probably going to be suspended a game. the question is what will Maccagnan, whose wife has had a staunch view on sexual deviancy, do?

The problem I have is that this thread, as does every other thread, devolves to "Bowles sucks. Maccagnan sucks"

And if they have that attitude to everyone the Jets bring in then what's the point of being here and rooting for a team?"

5 minutes ago, billo83 said:

I guess Belicheat should be blamed for having a murderer on his team previously? 

Yes, Hernandez has huge issues and warning signs about character before the draft.  He fell because of them.  The pats ignored that and he had some good years.

The issue is do we as a team care about character or not?  do the jets really care about this type of thing?  They need to make up their minds because if they feel talent trumps character then they better start drafting guys with high talent and character be damned.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I doubt he's charged with much, it sounds like a lot of it won't stick. I think Macc will consider so WRs for sure now. We have him under team control for 2 more years on the cheap anyway.

Just draft a couple of WRs.....no.....wait....just pick up a couple of WRs in FA......

Just now, Beerfish said:

Yes, Hernandez has huge issues and warning signs about character before the draft.  He fell because of them.  The pats ignored that and he had some good years.

The issue is do we as a team care about character or not?  do the jets really care about this type of thing?  They need to make up their minds because if they feel talent trumps character then they better start drafting guys with high talent and character be damned.

The problem I have is that if you blame Bowles for this, surely you must blame Belichick for Hernandez? With the same level of vitriol because that seems to be fair.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I mean why be this miserable? Every thread here boils down to so and so sucks. WHy do it?

Why try to be mean?

Who's being mean and how so?

Saying Robbie Anderson is a dumbass ****ward is accurate.

Saying Robbie Anderson is the one bright spot on the team is accurate.

Saying this rebuild isn't going well because the one lone bright spot on the team is a dumbass ****ward is also, accurate.

Nothing mean being said. 

Just now, JiF said:

Who's being mean and how so?

Saying Robbie Anderson is a dumbass ****ward is accurate.

Saying Robbie Anderson is the one bright spot on the team is accurate.

Saying this rebuild isn't going well because the one lone bright spot on the team is a dumbass ****ward is also, accurate.

Nothing mean being said. 

I would disagree with that. Which makes your third point bad too.

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

hahah... a little out of context, no?

Someone implied that Anderson was a blithering idiot only capable of monosyllabic grunts.

All I said was I head him speak and he's not stupid.  I never said he was the black Tim Tebow.

Hey , maybe he went to the Chris Carlin school of broadcasting .

18 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Well fellas sadly this chapter has ended. 

The only silver lining will be 10 years from now when this idiot is living back in the hood on public assistance wearing dirty underwear and having no money to fill cavities. 

Hes a complete pos. It could have been your son,  daughter, mother, dad, wife, best friend crossing that intersection with a green light getting killed or maimed. 

F him...... 

10 years???  the way he's going it will be 3-5 years.

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He probably should stay out of Florida. 

Wherever you go you take yourself with you. It’s called a geographical. This kid needs intensive therapy before he self combusts. He has serious issues with authority.  There’s something rotten in the state of Denmark ??. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

It'll be more than a game - especially if this is a second arrest.  I would guess 4-6 games.

If this was a higher crime like robbery or rape, I could see it. But even then the NFL has been lenient on those guys in the past.

Sheldon got 3 games for the baby thing. This is just shouting words at somebody

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just remember that the reason some people on here were happy that Josh McCown started all year was that “we developed Robby Anderson!”

I’d rather have 0-1 wins with Hack and Petty starting all year. 

Then you shoudn't be a fan. Plain and simple. 

And this is what I dont like. People root for players to do bad. They root for Jamal Adams to suck. They want to revel in it.

That's not a supportive fanbase.

Seriously your avatar is Roger Vick. If that doesn't suggest you love to be unhappy, I don't know what would

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

You just can't tell sometimes. I don't recall if Anderson had all these issues I'm school,  but he is exactly the type of player you take a flyer on. UFA on a cheap contract. If Mac cut Anderson today, the signing still paid big dividends. 

Take Patterson as another example. That was a bad signing because he was a FA and never played a down. As much as I hated Idziot, I can't blame him for not knowing he was a basket case

He said a horrible thing to the cop but I think we all know he wasn't actually going to do it. It sounds like it's something he just said because he was mad. It's obviously a disgusting comment and totally uncalled for, especially with everything going on in society today.

He'll probably get a game or two. I don't think we should be giving up on him because of this. He's a 24 year old kid. I'd stick with him and hope he grows up. JMO

Robbie is from 15 mins away from me, not a horrible area at all...South Plantation isn’t a bad school either...these kids nowadays glorify being and sounding dumb...the dumber the better...half of them wouldn’t last a day in my old Bronx “hood”...sign of the times...very stupid Robbie, way to let down the franchise that gave you a chance.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This is where you are totally wrong, coaches do have to be baby sitters at times.  Bowles has coddled vets he favours since he got here.

As for Mac?  Yes it has to do with the Gm because it is his job to draft guys or sign guys that are not nut jobs.

He was given major cred for finding this UDFA gem, now the gem is going to be suspended part of next year.

Well, the reason the guy was a UDFA was because of his off the field problems.

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He's probably going to be suspended a game. the question is what will Maccagnan, whose wife has had a staunch view on sexual deviancy, do?

The problem I have is that this thread, as does every other thread, devolves to "Bowles sucks. Maccagnan sucks"

And if they have that attitude to everyone the Jets bring in then what's the point of being here and rooting for a team?"

Pray tell, how do you know this? What does this mean? In a sea of drivel, this could be your most intriguing post yet. 

about a month ago I was feeling pretty good about our future but w/ extending Bowles and now one of our most promising young players in trouble w/ the law again it's not looking so good.

It's funny though, when the Bowles extension was announced the media was telling us how he cleaned up the LR and the circus was gone but we have had more incidents w/ Bowles than we ever had w/ Rex.

Just now, Bugg said:

Pray tell, how do you know this? What does this mean? In a sea of drivel, this could be your most intriguing post yet. 

Betty Mccagnan, wife of @nyjets GM Mike Maccagnan, on losing a friend to relationship violence. #OneLoveGivingDay https://twitter.com/Join1Love/status/859833064607842304@nyjets 

Just now, nyjunc said:

about a month ago I was feeling pretty good about our future but w/ extending Bowles and now one of our most promising young players in trouble w/ the law again it's not looking so good.

It's funny though, when the Bowles extension was announced the media was telling us how he cleaned up the LR and the circus was gone but we have had more incidents w/ Bowles than we ever had w/ Rex.

IDK, I think the off the field incidents we have right now are more common in the NFL then what we had under Rex.

Under Rex it was more locker room stuff.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

IDK, I think the off the field incidents we have right now are more common in the NFL then what we had under Rex.

Under Rex it was more locker room stuff.

was there ever an all out war in the LR like we had last year w/ Marshall and Richardson?  this year mediocre players are calling out coaches, etc...

The biggest circus we had under Rex was the Tebow thing and he had nothing to do w/ that. he did have his foot fetish thing but that was quickly squashed and we made a run to the title game after that. Bowles isn't good on the field or off it.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

was there ever an all out war in the LR like we had last year w/ Marshall and Richardson?  this year mediocre players are calling out coaches, etc...

The biggest circus we had under Rex was the Tebow thing and he had nothing to do w/ that. he did have his foot fetish thing but that was quickly squashed and we made a run to the title game after that. Bowles isn't good on the field or off it.

Santonio Holmes?

Clearly, it is the common conception that Bowles runs a tighter ship than Rex. 

Archived