Why do you hate the Jets?

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Integrity28 said:

The insults you incur are a reaction to the insults you make. You should be banned for it, if not the redundancy of your spam.

1. That's fine. That's how people are dealt with in the real world. YOu reap what you sow.

2. Almost every thread in this forum boils down to the same thing, so don't single me out for being redundant

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Of course but I would think that there would be more flexibility with it

Google cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias 

Arguing on the internet is probably the biggest waste of time ever 

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are once again, as usual, as always are totally out to lunch in your musings.  You have little horse blinders on and view the world that way and cannot fathom anyone else viewing the world different.

Almost without exception everyone that is on this forum loves the New York Jets and wants them to win the super bowl and be good long term.

Blasting an organization that is 'getting it wrong' most of the time is not hating it.

If anything the fans on here who soft coat everything and think the team is doing just swell all the time are the poorest fans because they are content with being lousy to mediocre.  If you are content with being lousy or mediocre you get what you deserve.

I'm sure everything I've just said will go flying by on the outside of the blinders and you will have no idea what I am talking about.

This times a million. Oh my god what an idiotic original post and the true definition of SOJF! This is exactly what is wrong with our beloved team, the acceptance of losing that goes on year after year. The OP guy must be stewed or something if he (or any others who have bled green for eons) enjoyed the absolute $hit show of the past 2 1/16th seasons. The fact is nobody knows to what degree a fans passions are, but I can say for myself, I once kicked in a 36" big screen TV because of the f*cking Dan Marino spike. The OP was probably too young to witness that, lucky for him. You want to call me out you fake assed fan, I dare you. I have given heart, soul, liver, kidneys, gall bladder, and my god damned spleen to this fockcokta franchise so don't you dare rail on me or anyone like me who is tired of watching crap, hates Todd Bowltite and will not accept losing like you and the entire organization does.

I started out liking the team about thirty years ago. 

That like grew into a genuine love.

The love manifested into obsession.

Unfortunately that obsession has turned into hate after the team continues to flounder decade after decade.

I refuse to quit them though.

I know it in my heart the second I do, they’ll win it all and I don’t want them to win without me.

Welcome to sports fans.  Every team message board  in every sport has the same dichotomy this one.  It's not a unique deal.

One side deals with things with unyielding optimism because it gives them hope that things will be better.  The other side is more guarded or pessimistic because then it is slightly less soul crushing when failure happens.

Both ways are essentially defense mechanisms, so really what's the difference.  

34 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I started out liking the team about thirty years ago. 

That like grew into a genuine love.

The love manifested into obsession.

Unfortunately that obsession has turned into hate after the team continues to flounder decade after decade.

I refuse to quit them though.

I know it in my heart the second I do, they’ll win it all and I don’t want them to win without me.

Not to worry - SAR I recently quit on the team.  So maybe the Jets will win to stick it to him and the rest of us can be the beneficiaries.

We just watched back to back 5 win seasons and are still posting here. Most of us are just frustrated that the team basically keeps ignoring offense in an era where the game is skewed towards scoring touchdowns and that the great level of investment in defense isn't resulting in, you know, a good defense. 

Most of all, if we knew how to quit the Jets, we wouldn't be here. So you're stuck with us. And perhaps, more unfortunately, we're stuck with you as well. 

I don’t hate the Jets.  I love them with all my heart and soul. They are my favorite sports team.

However if I had to choose a reason to hate them it would be because of the lame stream media, Jets fans, expectations and narratives.   

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. That's fine. That's how people are dealt with in the real world. YOu reap what you sow.

2. Almost every thread in this forum boils down to the same thing, so don't single me out for being redundant

You are literally the primary contributor in the majority of said threads, so......... duh duh duh

I don't accept 5-11. But like every off season I have hope the next season will be better. With the cap space and 3 premium picks I hope this gets turned around. Doesn't mean I accept failure. So to the fans who think you are a real fan because you whine incessantly like a menstruting illogical buffoon, even about the positives like Adams, get off your high horse. 

And I would bet if we were all in a bar, United would be better company than most of you. 

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

As the hatred continues on here, I just wonder why you hate the team you supposedly root for and not just give up and root for another team?

I don't hate the Jets. You however may be another matter. I haven't decided yet.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Threads like this used to excite me. It's incredible how this dude has managed to suck the fun out of laughing at the Internet. Impressive even.

A man can be an artist in anything. Food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Whofans' art is being just the absolute ******* worst. He's about to paint his masterpiece.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

As the hatred continues on here, I just wonder why you hate the team you supposedly root for and not just give up and root for another team?

Incompetence. 

It's a love/hate relationship.  I can't root for any other football team but the team I root for sucks; the owner, the coaching staff, the GM and most of the roster sucks.  

Take Robby Anderson for example; he has a great year and then gets himself arrested again.  He was the most pleasant surprise this season and now he just ruined all that goodwill.  

But while I'll never root for another NFL franchise, I find myself watching a lot more Premier League - and I was someone who hated soccer growing up.  I've come around to it in the past couple of years though; there are no commercials, the games are all over American TV these days (NBC and NBCSN) and the high scoring, aggressive teams like Liverpool and Man City are exciting.  

That might be blasphemy to admit on an NFL message board but the NFL as an entertainment product is getting worse every year and combine that with the Jets being terrible has forced me to look for new sports.  

I do not hate the Jets, although admittedly I hate some of the things they do and JetNation is a place where I should be able to cheer for success and vent frustrations of failure without getting crushed or judged, I expect support since we share the same hope and pain - a family, some we like and some we do not like, but la familia nevertheless...

The Jets are locked in as part of my identity, I'm afraid.  If I were to go down the list of things I am, somewhere in like # 15-20 would be "A Jets fan."

That being said, the team sucks.  The owners suck, and you can't fire the owners.  But I can't quit the team.  It's impossible. 

So you can either become a whiny little b*tch and complain about how much others' hate the team....or you can learn to develop a sense of humor.  Your choice.  

Detroit Lions fans for instance?  When they were in the throes of the Matt Millen era?  Funniest f*ckin fans you could ever come across.  

Archived