Jump to content
Maxman

Going to Disney for the week


Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I am flying to Orlando on Saturday morning. I had plans to hang out with Robby Anderson but he isn't answering my texts. Since those plans fell through, I decided to bring my family and we will just hang out at Disney.

You filthy animals all better behave while I am gone. The mods are all complaining and are talking about starting a union. If you guys make them do actual work they will definitely do it. I can't afford those wages, so play nice.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I am flying to Orlando on Saturday morning. I had plans to hang out with Robby Anderson but he isn't answering my texts. Since those plans fell through, I decided to bring my family and we will just hang out at Disney.

You filthy animals all better behave while I am gone. The mods are all complaining and are talking about starting a union. If you guys make them do actual work they will definitely do it. I can't afford those wages, so play nice.

:)

Enjoy I hope you have better time than me, locked in the hotel with the hurricane. Maybe you see Nick Mangold he was cut while in Disney last year around the same time?

Behave depends on when the next Jets disaster hits, and has things go it won't be long. 

Ps Take plenty of $.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am flying to Orlando on Saturday morning. I had plans to hang out with Robby Anderson but he isn't answering my texts. Since those plans fell through, I decided to bring my family and we will just hang out at Disney.

You filthy animals all better behave while I am gone. The mods are all complaining and are talking about starting a union. If you guys make them do actual work they will definitely do it. I can't afford those wages, so play nice.

:)

You’re going to Disney World?  Should we start calling you “Super Bowl MVP” now?

Are you going to kiss Papa John next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am flying to Orlando on Saturday morning. I had plans to hang out with Robby Anderson but he isn't answering my texts. Since those plans fell through, I decided to bring my family and we will just hang out at Disney.

You filthy animals all better behave while I am gone. The mods are all complaining and are talking about starting a union. If you guys make them do actual work they will definitely do it. I can't afford those wages, so play nice.

:)

Hey Boss,

Crushlove here. Appreciate the trust you put in me to pick a temporary moderator while you are gone. I got few resumes with headshots and so far this is the guy I’m feeling best about.   Not particular sure why, just something about him. 

 

AF176783-D503-4551-929F-5CC9E0D66E88.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am flying to Orlando on Saturday morning. I had plans to hang out with Robby Anderson but he isn't answering my texts. Since those plans fell through, I decided to bring my family and we will just hang out at Disney.

You filthy animals all better behave while I am gone. The mods are all complaining and are talking about starting a union. If you guys make them do actual work they will definitely do it. I can't afford those wages, so play nice.

:)

Welcome To Orlando Phil. Im actually there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Maxman

Things I'd recommend (not knowing how often you've been there or the age(s) of your kid(s):

  • fireworks in front of the Kingdom as often a possible for the ambiance, but the show is actually better at epcot
  • don't forsake the classic attractions like Swiss family Robinson tree house, teacups, country bear jamboree, or carousel of progress... it's just a matter of time before these things are ripped out and replaced with something easier to merchandise around
  • turkey legs
  • do check out the updated Norway in Epcot, and report back about the Frozen experience (for those of us with young daughters, and @JiF)
  • drink around the world in Epcot, end on the Britain side, go down the alleyway and check out the live band playing "British Invasion" cover tunes (our last trip there was me, my wife and our 3-yr old daughter, plus all the grandparents - one of the few things we did just the 3 of us, was this, and we had one of those "we're the only people in the world" moments with her in this area, it's pretty great - gets you away from the mobs of people)
  • you're in a cooler part of the year, so you're good - but if you're ever there in really hot weather do NOT go to Animal Kingdom on the hot days - there is only one air conditioned attraction in this park, it's the Lion King show - all the gift shops and cafes and stuff use fans, it sucks, it just blows hot, smelly animal stink air on you
  • also in extreme heat, the best overpriced gift I bought was the spray bottle fan - it works, and it kept my daughter pre-occupied - she also made lots of friends (imagine the cutest 3yo ever spritzing you in 100+ degrees, without you knowing it was coming, people loved her)
  • turkey legs
  • the best food in magic kingdom is probably in frontierland, but also the new places by ariel's grotto and belle's castle are good, like gaston's pub
  • the best food in animal kingdom is probably the place you can get ribs
  • epcot we usually eat and drink beers in every country, if you aren't doing this - you're doing it wrong
  • character breakfasts are robbery, but if you have little ones the one in epcot "the land" is easy to book, cheap, and has old-time characters
  • turkey legs

You should have given me a blog for this. ;)

Have a blast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

@Maxman

Things I'd recommend (not knowing how often you've been there or the age(s) of your kid(s):

  • fireworks in front of the Kingdom as often a possible for the ambiance, but the show is actually better at epcot
  • don't forsake the classic attractions like Swiss family Robinson tree house, teacups, country bear jamboree, or carousel of progress... it's just a matter of time before these things are ripped out and replaced with something easier to merchandise around
  • turkey legs
  • do check out the updated Norway in Epcot, and report back about the Frozen experience (for those of us with young daughters, and @JiF)
  • drink around the world in Epcot, end on the Britain side, go down the alleyway and check out the live band playing "British Invasion" cover tunes (our last trip there was me, my wife and our 3-yr old daughter, plus all the grandparents - one of the few things we did just the 3 of us, was this, and we had one of those "we're the only people in the world" moments with her in this area, it's pretty great - gets you away from the mobs of people)
  • you're in a cooler part of the year, so you're good - but if you're ever there in really hot weather do NOT go to Animal Kingdom on the hot days - there is only one air conditioned attraction in this park, it's the Lion King show - all the gift shops and cafes and stuff use fans, it sucks, it just blows hot, smelly animal stink air on you
  • also in extreme heat, the best overpriced gift I bought was the spray bottle fan - it works, and it kept my daughter pre-occupied - she also made lots of friends (imagine the cutest 3yo ever spritzing you in 100+ degrees, without you knowing it was coming, people loved her)
  • turkey legs
  • the best food in magic kingdom is probably in frontierland, but also the new places by ariel's grotto and belle's castle are good, like gaston's pub
  • the best food in animal kingdom is probably the place you can get ribs
  • epcot we usually eat and drink beers in every country, if you aren't doing this - you're doing it wrong
  • character breakfasts are robbery, but if you have little ones the one in epcot "the land" is easy to book, cheap, and has old-time characters
  • turkey legs

You should have given me a blog for this. ;)

Have a blast!

@Maxman I heard the Avatar ride in Animal Kingdom was the single best ride in the whole park.  I heard there have been some really long lines at times for that one.  I'm not sure if you can get a fast pass to that one but, if you can, check it out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked.  

There's some Star Wars stuff in one of the parks (not much), but no Marvel.

Surprised they're dropping the ball here.

Disney's not know for squandering the opportunity to take my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Just checked.  

There's some Star Wars stuff in one of the parks (not much), but no Marvel.

Surprised they're dropping the ball here.

Disney's not know for squandering the opportunity to take my money.

I believe it's all being developed. In the past couple of years, Disney has added Fantasy Land (or whatever it's called) to capitalize on the "Princesses" sub-brand, now that it's been organized and turned into a cash cow. It's a nice new part of the Magic Kingdom. They also developed a huge parts of the different parks around Star Wars and Frozen, making it necessary to visit 2-3 of the parks to see "all the Star Wars stuff" or "all the Frozen stuff".

As for the Marvel stuff, I think there may be licensing issues. Hollywood Studios had all the Marvel attractions years ago. I want to say that Busch Gardens may have some now. I'd guess it's just a matter of time before Disney has the licensing and appropriate experience all sorted out for this stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am flying to Orlando on Saturday morning. I had plans to hang out with Robby Anderson but he isn't answering my texts. Since those plans fell through, I decided to bring my family and we will just hang out at Disney.

You filthy animals all better behave while I am gone. The mods are all complaining and are talking about starting a union. If you guys make them do actual work they will definitely do it. I can't afford those wages, so play nice.

:)

please have a Wonderful & Safe trip !  :cool:

 

 

 

p.s. please try & find a QB while you're there    :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am flying to Orlando on Saturday morning. I had plans to hang out with Robby Anderson but he isn't answering my texts. Since those plans fell through, I decided to bring my family and we will just hang out at Disney.

You filthy animals all better behave while I am gone. The mods are all complaining and are talking about starting a union. If you guys make them do actual work they will definitely do it. I can't afford those wages, so play nice.

Enjoy.

Try "It's A Small World".  It's a keeper.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am flying to Orlando on Saturday morning. I had plans to hang out with Robby Anderson but he isn't answering my texts. Since those plans fell through, I decided to bring my family and we will just hang out at Disney.

You filthy animals all better behave while I am gone. The mods are all complaining and are talking about starting a union. If you guys make them do actual work they will definitely do it. I can't afford those wages, so play nice.

:)

We'll be up there Monday-Wednesday! My older sons 9th B-day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Maxman I heard the Avatar ride in Animal Kingdom was the single best ride in the whole park.  I heard there have been some really long lines at times for that one.  I'm not sure if you can get a fast pass to that one but, if you can, check it out.  

100% accurate. I was down there last June when it first opened and during the day there was easily 4 hour lines. We decided to see if we could get on line during magic hours and that cut it to about 1.5-2 hour line. Completely worth it. At that point you had to book fast passes months before hand for that ride so that wasn't an option for us. Avatar Flight of Passage is the single best ride I have been on anywhere. I would make it a priority to get on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to Disney for the week

Is this code for there being some kind of JetNation illuminati meeting this week?  Can anyone account for the whereabouts of the heads of PatriotNation, SteelersNation, CowboysNation and GiantsNation this week?  If not, then I'm assuming this is some kind of secret meeting of the heads of the 5 families.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I think I’m the only American I know who has never been and has no desire to go to Disney World. 

Never.....

 

No kids?  

I have an 8 and 6 year old.  I want to go just to see them happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×