NAMM 2018

The Crimson King

MK5- All-Tube Handmade Travel Size Floor Pedals/Preamps

Elan All-Tube Amplification

IMG_5424.jpg?itok=53zD0srB

The ELAN MK5 is a new piece of art with innovated design and engineering,  Full Fat and tight All-Tube Guitar Sound in a 2 lbs Travel Size Package without the bulky size and the weight of regular tubes amplifiers. The Elan MK5 circuitry function similar to a full size tube amplifiers with 12AX7 plate voltage of ~300vdc.

Five Models of the ELAN MK5:

Dino– High Gain Hard Rock/Metal pedal /preamp

Jimmy– Rock/Pop/Punk pedal /preamp

King- All-tube Blues pedal /preamp

Acoustic– All-tube Acoustic pedal /preamp

Bass– All-Tube Bass pedal / Preamp   

Featues:

• 12AX7 Tubes
  • LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY*
  • Full tone control Bass, Mid, and Treble controls
  • Gain control
  • Master volume
  • Noise-gate build in (Dino model)
  • DI Balanced output (Bass & Acoustic model)
  • Detachable footswitch
  • Real through bypass
  • Lightweight about- 2 Lb!
  • Small size 7.5″ X 3.5″ (18X9 cm)
  • Universal 100-240V 15VDC for worldwide use
  • Street Price $479.-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a sucker for tube preamps. Not cheap though and no idea if it is noisy. Probably can find this at Musictoyz. I'd get the Dino of course.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Korg has an ARP Odyssey clone. I have no idea who would want this. I still have an ARP Axxe that hasn't come out of the case since 1982  They also are releasing an interesting polyphonic analog synth called Prologue. Would love to see this in a module.

• 8 or 16 voices, Three Oscillators per voice, Multi-timbral splits and layers • Newly developed open source multi-engine with 24-bit floating point DSP-based effects • 61 Keys (16 voice) or 49 Keys (8 voice).                                                            

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

ZYLIA Portable Recording Studio

Zylia

_MG_3796.jpg?itok=S-fbF085

What if... you could record your whole band at once, anywhere... with just one single microphone and then mix your songs afterwards - with the flexibility of a multi-track recording setup!

ZYLIA is the world’s first Portable Recording Studio that allows you to record entire sound scenes with only one microphone and then separate the individual sound sources from the recording. By combining advanced digital signal processing algorithms and microphone array technology we have created a truly unique and innovative product.  

BENEFITS OF ZYLIA

ZYLIA FOR MUSIC BANDS

• Multi-track record your whole band with one-mic-only!
  • Separate individual instrument tracks from your recordings
  • Easily mix your tracks in ZYLIA Studio or export to DAW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting a headache trying to figure out how this works. A bunch of crossover circuits maybe? If it does work, it would be a great tool to have. Also good for making bootleg albums :) 

Dafuq is this thing? Looks like it's a sh*tload of unidirectional mics all working together somehow. I don't get how it would separate say, certain bass frequencies and a kick drum, or discern between similar guitars. 

I am intrigued, though. I want one. If it works like they say it does it would be amazing to have. 

*Passes hat around*

ZYLIA Portable Recording Studio

Zylia

_MG_3796.jpg?itok=S-fbF085&key=89da091340bf7c1ace56162149d1230495a587a7658b15582cabc1fb04204833

What if... you could record your whole band at once, anywhere... with just one single microphone and then mix your songs afterwards - with the flexibility of a multi-track recording setup!

ZYLIA is the world’s first Portable Recording Studio that allows you to record entire sound scenes with only one microphone and then separate the individual sound sources from the recording. By combining advanced digital signal processing algorithms and microphone array technology we have created a truly unique and innovative product.  

BENEFITS OF ZYLIA

ZYLIA FOR MUSIC BANDS

• Multi-track record your whole band with one-mic-only!
  • Separate individual instrument tracks from your recordings
  • Easily mix your tracks in ZYLIA Studio or export to DAW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting a headache trying to figure out how this works. A bunch of crossover circuits maybe? If it does work, it would be a great tool to have. Also good for making bootleg albums  

This thing sounds interesting. I have no idea how they’d filter out unwanted frequencies in the individual tracks, or even GET the tracks individually. Interest piqued!!

NAMM 2018: Jared Dines and Ormsby have created an 18-string djent monstrosity

uFsipYMbh4cMAU7Fcp4ZPK-970-80.jpg

NAMM 2018: Australian luthier Perry Ormsby and YouTube personality Jared Dines have teamed-up to celebrate 2018 by creating this frankly offensive 18-string multiscale signature guitar, dubbed the DJENT2018.

The body is made from Tasmanian blackwood and features a stone top - yep, you read that right - while the African ebony fretboard has been inlaid with stones and shells and Jared Dines' logo portrait. The neck is a nine-piece construction of mahogany, Tasmanian blackwood and ebony and is reinforced with carbon alongside three truss rods. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh?

4 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

NAMM 2018: Jared Dines and Ormsby have created an 18-string djent monstrosity

uFsipYMbh4cMAU7Fcp4ZPK-970-80.jpg

NAMM 2018: Australian luthier Perry Ormsby and YouTube personality Jared Dines have teamed-up to celebrate 2018 by creating this frankly offensive 18-string multiscale signature guitar, dubbed the DJENT2018.

The body is made from Tasmanian blackwood and features a stone top - yep, you read that right - while the African ebony fretboard has been inlaid with stones and shells and Jared Dines' logo portrait. The neck is a nine-piece construction of mahogany, Tasmanian blackwood and ebony and is reinforced with carbon alongside three truss rods. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh?

That's... that's a little overboard. 

3H1Zj9k.jpg

Jan18_LNU_Fender_Pedals_FEAT.jpg?1513364

Fender Unveils New Pedal Line

January 25, 2018

Jan18_LNU_Fender_Pedals_WEB.jpg

Scottsdale, AZ (January 25, 2018) -- Inspirational new effects pedals for your creative toolbox, Fender EFX pedals give you full control over your sound, creating any tone you can imagine. Not mere copies or clones of existing designs, these effects are all-original circuits that were designed by our in-house team of experts. We consulted a panel of working musicians while designing these pedals, and the resulting stompboxes are packed with stage-ready features. Crafted from lightweight, durable anodized aluminum, the chassis are engineered for heavy-duty use while the LED-backlit knobs show your control settings at a glance – even on dark stages. The exclusive, patent-pending, magnetically-latched 9V battery door makes it quick and easy to swap batteries and the instantly identifiable LED Fender amp jewel can be easily seen from across the stage, leaving no doubt as to the pedigree of this pedal. Packed with an inspiring palette of tonal colors and stage-ready features, these pedals are unmistakably from the company that defines legendary guitar tone—Fender.

================================================================================

Innovative new tools from Fender, all that will work with a 9V battery !

imagine that now at your feet you can have individual boxes that you can turn on and off with a tap of the foot !  You can now have FX like compression, reverb and delay with dials and stuff ! How did we live without this all these years?

Seriously though, lots of controls and they do look interesting. Probably perform like all the others though

Fender released a whole new line of hybrid guitars this namm to go along (or replace) their pawn ship line. Not sure how I feel about them as they’re just partscasters. Fender and Gibson are just not putting out much new stuff that I like. Every time I turn around Gibson’s got some new gadget they’re bolting to a Les Paul, and Fenders coming out with Straguars or Jazzamacasters. I get that they’re trying innovate in a market that most of the true innovation was done 50 years ago, but they just seem to fall flat. I dunno what it is.

The pedal world, though, there is some cool chit out there. Most of it is over my head but there are some great, creative new pedals out. I just picked up one of the new Supro overdrive pedal and it’s pretty killer. Doesn’t exactly replicate their amps like they advertise, but so far it’s one of the nicer OD’s I’ve tried in a while. The JHS Morning Glory is another great OD.

Anybody got a recommendation for a delay pedal that has a memory bank so I can save some presets for quick recall? There’s a couple I know of but haven’t tried out. Would love to get your guys’ take on them.

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

Fender released a whole new line of hybrid guitars this namm to go along (or replace) their pawn ship line. Not sure how I feel about them as they’re just partscasters. Fender and Gibson are just not putting out much new stuff that I like. Every time I turn around Gibson’s got some new gadget they’re bolting to a Les Paul, and Fenders coming out with Straguars or Jazzamacasters. I get that they’re trying innovate in a market that most of the true innovation was done 50 years ago, but they just seem to fall flat. I dunno what it is.

The pedal world, though, there is some cool chit out there. Most of it is over my head but there are some great, creative new pedals out. I just picked up one of the new Supro overdrive pedal and it’s pretty killer. Doesn’t exactly replicate their amps like they advertise, but so far it’s one of the nicer OD’s I’ve tried in a while. The JHS Morning Glory is another great OD.

Anybody got a recommendation for a delay pedal that has a memory bank so I can save some presets for quick recall? There’s a couple I know of but haven’t tried out. Would love to get your guys’ take on them.

Boss' DD-500 has patch memories, a lot of versatility and best of all an absolutely necessary tap button. Also works on batteries if you are not using a pedalboard. Boss products are good but just not great, maybe a little digitally? Probably just suggestive preconception though. There are probably cheaper Boss pedals with presets but I'm too lazy to look them up.

The Strymon Timeline is supposed to be amazing with presets and great sound but I've never seen one plus it is expensive https://www.strymon.net/products/timeline/ but I have heard that ot is top notch

Eventide makes high end stuff and I have tried their Time Factor and loved it. I think it also has presets

Gotta agree 100% with everything you said above.  

I too cant stand "Patches". My buddy I jam with is an AXE freak, and to my ears (but I keep my mouth shut) it all sounds like crap. Too fake, too digital, too harsh no warmness. Maybe crap is a poor term, but its digital and aside from some cool stuff like his hammond patch, i dont care for it. Plus, i cant deal with parameters and displays. I need knobs.....

As for "too many guitars" yes, for me you can have too many. I was up to 8 until I realized Hey I havent played or seen 5 of them in a year. What I did was thin the herd.

I sold a bunch off, and bought me the sweetest playing 1976 sunburst LP custom. Glad I did. It was expensive though...

As for amps, I had a JCM 800, a Dr Z maz 18 with reverb, a marshall jtm 60, a jtm 30, a blues jr and a mesa 5:50 express.

Guess what? I painfully sold the 800, dr z, jtm60 and am now selling the mesa. Im keeping the JTM 30 for my rehearsal space and the blues jr is in my trunk 24/7. I HATE carrying stuff to gigs. That blues jr is plenty loud for any hall/bar and anything bigger it gets miced

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, HighPitch said:

As for "too many guitars" yes, for me you can have too many. I was up to 8 until I realized Hey I havent played or seen 5 of them in a year. What I did was thin the herd.

I sold a bunch off, and bought me the sweetest playing 1976 sunburst LP custom. Glad I did. It was expensive though... 

The real problem with too many guitars is that you run out of room to store them after awhile. Then you want to thin the herd as you noted, but you can't for so many reasons. You have to keep birthday presents (wife overdid this for years), high end ones you ordered specially and mid rangers that you take out of the house to play. Then do you get rid of the P90 model that you also have a humbucker version of? ... or the Strat with the GK-2a built in? Gotta keep that or dump the VG-8 and GR-1 even though you haven't taken either out of the box in quite a while ... or the cheap Carvins that no one wants? ... or the Eric C. Brown no one has ever heard of. It goes on and on, got excuses every single one of them :)     

I too cant stand "Patches". My buddy I jam with is an AXE freak, and to my ears (but I keep my mouth shut) it all sounds like crap. Too fake, too digital, too harsh no warmness. Maybe crap is a poor term, but its digital and aside from some cool stuff like his hammond patch, i dont care for it. Plus, i cant deal with parameters and displays. I need knobs.....

As for amps, I had a JCM 800, a Dr Z maz 18 with reverb, a marshall jtm 60, a jtm 30, a blues jr and a mesa 5:50 express.

Guess what? I painfully sold the 800, dr z, jtm60 and am now selling the mesa. Im keeping the JTM 30 for my rehearsal space and the blues jr is in my trunk 24/7. I HATE carrying stuff to gigs. That blues jr is plenty loud for any hall/bar and anything bigger it gets miced

I’m with you on processors. Never heard one I like.

I have 2 amps, a 4x10 Traynor YCVQ80 and a Fender Twin. I’m looking to sell the twin, it’s just plain impractical. I can’t turn it up past 2 at all. The Traynor is all tube. The OD channel is terrible but the clean channel is stellar!! I always try to replace it and always end up coming back to it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

The real problem with too many guitars is that you run out of room to store them after awhile. Then you want to thin the herd as you noted, but you can't for so many reasons. You have to keep birthday presents (wife overdid this for years), high end ones you ordered specially and mid rangers that you take out of the house to play. Then do you get rid of the P90 model that you also have a humbucker version of? ... or the Strat with the GK-2a built in? Gotta keep that or dump the VG-8 and GR-1 even though you haven't taken either out of the box in quite a while ... or the cheap Carvins that no one wants? ... or the Eric C. Brown no one has ever heard of. It goes on and on, got excuses every single one of them :)     

Ol youpegged it.

its that way with handguns too

Never heard a traynor but the twin is toooooo heavyyyyyyyyyy. But its a sweet amp

Traynors were great in the 60’s/70’s. Just big, heavy Canadian built monsters that could pin your ears back. The YBA’s were sick. Once they got to switchable channels they lost their balls. The new ones have a good clean channel (similar to some of the fender Hot Rod series) like he said, but the second channel sounds a little too brittle for my taste.

Another great Canadian amp company was Garnet. If you can find one, they’re not super expensive and have a unique grind when cranked. Great rock sounds. They were the amps the Guess Who used. The “American Woman” lead sound was a Garnet head.

Twins are great, but yeah- lugging one around is hell. There’s just no need for 80-100 watts at a club gig.

Traynors were great in the 60’s/70’s. Just big, heavy Canadian built monsters that could pin your ears back. The YBA’s were sick. Once they got to switchable channels they lost their balls. The new ones have a good clean channel (similar to some of the fender Hot Rod series) like he said, but the second channel sounds a little too brittle for my taste.

Another great Canadian amp company was Garnet. If you can find one, they’re not super expensive and have a unique grind when cranked. Great rock sounds. They were the amps the Guess Who used. The “American Woman” lead sound was a Garnet head.

Twins are great, but yeah- lugging one around is hell. There’s just no need for 80-100 watts at a club gig.

Yea I retubed the amp completely and stay solely on the clean channel. Dirty side is godawful, just about as ugly as it gets. The clean side though is just something else man, I have the channel volume just below breakup and Master volume to manage overall volume. Like I said I have a Twin as well and the Traynor’s clean just has more character. I also much prefer the Reverb on the Traynor which seems like blasphemy. The twin, much like volume, Reverb can go to about 1.5 to 2 and anything beyond that is just a messy washout. I’ve had this Traynor for 15 years and tried to replace it countless times and keep coming back to it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 1/26/2018 at 9:11 PM, the Claw said:

This thing sounds interesting. I have no idea how they’d filter out unwanted frequencies in the individual tracks, or even GET the tracks individually. Interest piqued!!

Yea ive been recording all my life and there is no way one mic could possibly do all this. 

First off, drums need to be close miced to sound like a drum. You can do an overhead image, which sounds different and ok but no way will you get a tight drum sound with one mic, far away with tons of bleed. The best this can be is an advanced frequency filter that can isolate stuff, but you never get great sound like that becaue theree are harmonic freqyencies associated with any instrument that would be filtered out. 

Additionally, one mic is mono. There is no stereo image even. Thats lame..... 

This product makes claims like it defies gravity. Very very skeptical 

Archived