Conference Championship Games (F the Pats)Thread

Patriot Killa

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my seat on the Jags wagon here. Joined by fans of every other team. 

If JAX can punch NE in the mouth in the 1st Quarter... there's a chance. If they're behind come halftime. forget it.

Difference maker on offense; M. Lee - think he'll have a big day. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Indeed. Given how out of touch Goodell (and the league) is, they won’t even recognize that a 24-13 Pats victory over the Vikings in the Super Bowl will be a nail-in-the-coffin moment for their product. I work with a few Pats fans and even they’re bored with the idea, and can’t even generate enough excitement to talk sh*t about it. The owners should be treating this possibility as a crisis event, but instead they’re jerking each other off over the ratings spike for Vikes-Saints.

Well said.

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If JAX can punch NE in the mouth in the 1st Quarter... there's a chance. If they're behind come halftime. forget it.

Lee disappoints way more than he produces.  I like Westbrook and Cole more.  Call me crazy.

Who stays/who goes out of Allen Robinson, Cole, Westbrook, Lee, Hurns?  Next year, do they roll with Lee, Cole, Westbrook and let Robinson go?  Hurns is not relevant really.

I ask this because I'd really like the opportunity for the Jets to get Robinson (assuming he will be recovered and back to form).  

30 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Jags have an uphill fight. But 2 things are in their favor; Coughlin knows better than anyone that to beat the Pats you have to hit Brady, early, often, all day. Whether they can do it without getting penalized? No saying they have to bodyslam him into the turf, but they have to get to himand hit him. Brings us to point #2. 

The refs at this point may not like the fact that people watching NFL games are very aware that for going on 2 decades big calls always seem to go the Pats' way. It's a bad look, and it's bad for business. The Steelers in the regular season and the Titans early last week got completely hosed to the point it looked like the WWE. If your job is to apply the rules impartially and instead you show favoritism, nobody wants to watch that unless they are little kids or morons.   

At this point, really, I have no idea how the NFL thinks this Pats nonsense is a good thing. Brady is basically a TV pitchman for some quack supplement; this is who you think sells you game to the point you put your finger on the scale? Bellichick, for all his brilliance is a guy who ruthlessly uses players other than Brady like tissues. 

Not sure if anyone saw the James Patterson show on CBS last night about Aaron Hernandez. Wasn't anything you didn't know already. Remarkably based on Mass law, Hernandez's suicide prevented his appeals from confirming his murder conviction, thereby vacating it. Practical effect being Odin Lloyd's family cannot use his conviction in their civil suit against his estate. Urban Meyer, what ever you want to say about him, at least sat there and answered some hard questions. The Pats and Bellichick declined to be interviewed. Which is how they treat everyone and everything; eff off.So the Pats, literally the week this guy murdered someone gave him a $40 million contract and cannot even be bothered to answer a few very polite questions? Disgusting.This, the NFL indulges for going on decades and then wonders why people don't watch. We all get we aren't rooting for monks, but something this egregious requires some discussion. The showcase team doesn't even bother to deign to take a softball inquiry from one of the TV network partners. 

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jax Beach is buzzing this morning.  Full lines already to get in the beach bars.  Everyone decked out in Jags gear half tanked already.  This town might explode if they win. 

Go Jags! 

Yeah...  that must be great.   Well...  I’m rooting for them. Fukk the PATS. 

I don't think i can watch the pats game and the inevitable mind boggling reffing and replay calls and the other team having the game won as long as they don;t do something mind blowingly stupid and proceed to watch them do something mind blowingly stupid.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Doubt it you were serious until questioned on it. 

This, right here, is an example of why you are endlessly mocked.  Stick to the conversation and don't always take the bait and try to prove how snappy you are when you really don't know what you're talking about.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I don't think i can watch the pats game and the inevitable mind boggling reffing and replay calls and the other team having the game won as long as they don;t do something mind blowingly stupid and proceed to watch them do something mind blowingly stupid.

The Jaguars are going to beat them today. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Francesa is a guy that watches sports from the owner’s box, and he views the sport from that position of elitist detachment. 

And not only has the League pushed its entire focus on the QB position, it’s also hurting them that those QBs are generally assholes. Brady and Roethlisberger are contemptible jerkoffs who don’t even try to hide it. Matt Ryan is an entirely uninspiring Uber-Caucasian milquetoast poof. Aaron Rodgers is a SoCal on-the-spectrum robot. Winston, Mariota and Prescott are coin flips to be starting QBs in three years. Russell Wilson is a sanctimonious twat. The only QB who is any good and appears to be a good guy is Drew Brees. What the league needs is for Carson Wentz to get healthy, and for him and Goff to not become huge scumbags. 

For as much grief as the NBA gets, their ratings are way up and imo it’s because their stars are legitimately good people and it’s fun to support good guys. 

I agreed with you until the last sentence.  Nobody watches the NBA until the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I agreed with you until the last sentence.  Nobody watches the NBA until the playoffs.

I find if I happen to notice that the Knicks are in a close game with under 4 minutes left, I will turn on the game and watch the end and it's somewhat enjoyable.  But I just cannot watch basketball any other way.  I can enjoy every play of a football game, even when it's not the Jets but yeah, basketball is pretty much unwatchable.

Archived