Conference Championship Games (F the Pats)Thread

Patriot Killa

Jaguars/Patriots - 3:05PM

Vikings/Eagles - 5:40PM

Predictions...

Think the Patriots take this because of a mixture of two things ...two very important things.

1.) The Refs are going to be on their “A Game” today.

2.) The Jaguars Defense is great..and I truly hope they kick Tom Brady’s ASS but I just don’t think they have enough experience playing the Patriots. I think one of the reasons we can play them so close most of the time is because we play them twice a year. We know them all too well. I don’t feel like the Jags know the Patriots well enough to predict plays presnap ..no matter how much game film they watch. I sure hope they pull it out though.

Final Prediction - Jags - 21 Patriots 30

In the NFC game I am taking the Vikings. They are just TOO well balanced and I honestly think they are playing on a higher level with Case Keenum than if Bradford was playing and never got hurt. Though they both shined. This Vikings squad is just TOO well balanced. scary defense, great offense. Eagles can play D well also but I don’t think Nick Foles has as clean of a game this time out. He may though . That’s the edgy part of this all. The Eagles staff knows Nick Foles very well from his days before he became a journeyman in the league. They know how to use him successfully. They like to run a bunch of RPO with Foles and let him pick what he wants to do quickly. It limits mistakes and he’s very effective at it. They ripped Atlanta a new one all day with it last week. They could NOT stop it. Overall I think it comes down to a few plays Foles doesn’t make that the Vikings DO make or it could be the other way around. I’m quite on the fence with this game but hey..someone has to win right??

Final Prediction - Philly - 21 Vikings - 28

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Spoiler:  Patriots win the Super Bowl. 

Spoiler:  They win it next year too. 

SAR I

Indeed. Given how out of touch Goodell (and the league) is, they won’t even recognize that a 24-13 Pats victory over the Vikings in the Super Bowl will be a nail-in-the-coffin moment for their product. I work with a few Pats fans and even they’re bored with the idea, and can’t even generate enough excitement to talk sh*t about it. The owners should be treating this possibility as a crisis event, but instead they’re jerking each other off over the ratings spike for Vikes-Saints.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Indeed. Given how out of touch Goodell (and the league) is, they won’t even recognize that a 24-13 Pats victory over the Vikings in the Super Bowl will be a nail-in-the-coffin moment for their product. I work with a few Pats fans and even they’re bored with the idea, and can’t even generate enough excitement to talk sh*t about it. The owners should be treating this possibility as a crisis event, but instead they’re jerking each other off over the ratings spike for Vikes-Saints.

Agree completely.

I called Francesa a year ago to chime in on the conversation about why ratings were down.  I told him it wasn't kneeling, it wasn't concussions, and it wasn't streaming.  I told him the problem was boredom, that after a decade of watching the same teams and the same quarterbacks winning all the time it was like watching a movie with the same ending over and over.

He told me I was nuts, that the reason people tune in to watch the NFL is to see it's stars.  "You telling me that when the Jets are out of it you don't want to watch Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger play?"  Was his response.  I said "Exactly, why would I get any joy or entertainment value out of watching the teams I hate do well on a Thursday night or a Sunday afternoon?"  He said "You're crazy, that's not how it works, people watch the NFL to see the big names play in big games."

Just shows you how out of touch they all are on the topic.  Ratings are good when your team is good.  No one wants to see Tom Brady win a Super Bowl except Patriots fans.  Even the thought of watching the Jags or Eagles win it all would make me ill considering how they would be the beneficiaries of the type of success the Jets still lack.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Agree completely.

I called Francesa a year ago to chime in on the conversation about why ratings were down.  I told him it wasn't kneeling, it wasn't concussions, and it wasn't streaming.  I told him the problem was boredom, that after a decade of watching the same teams and the same quarterbacks winning all the time it was like watching a movie with the same ending over and over.

He told me I was nuts, that the reason people tune in to watch the NFL is to see it's stars.  "You telling me that when the Jets are out of it you don't want to watch Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger play?"  Was his response.  I said "Exactly, why would I get any joy or entertainment value out of watching the teams I hate do well on a Thursday night or a Sunday afternoon?"  He said "You're crazy, that's not how it works, people watch the NFL to see the big names play in big games."

Just shows you how out of touch they all are on the topic.  Ratings are good when your team is good.  No one wants to see Tom Brady win a Super Bowl except Patriots fans.  Even the thought of watching the Jags or Eagles win it all would make me ill considering how they would be the beneficiaries of the type of success the Jets still lack.

SAR I

Amazing how the world hasn't stopped turning since that Sh*t bag is gone, isn't it?

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jaguars/Patriots - 3:05PM

Vikings/Eagles - 5:40PM

Predictions...

Think the Patriots take this because of a mixture of two things ...two very important things.

1.) The Refs are going to be on their “A Game” today.

2.) The Jaguars Defense is great..and I truly hope they kick Tom Brady’s ASS but I just don’t think they have enough experience playing the Patriots. I think one of the reasons we can play them so close most of the time is because we play them twice a year. We know them all too well. I don’t feel like the Jags know the Patriots well enough to predict plays presnap ..no matter how much game film they watch. I sure hope they pull it out though.

Final Prediction - Jags - 21 Patriots 30

In the NFC game I am taking the Vikings. They are just TOO well balanced and I honestly think they are playing on a higher level with Case Keenum than if Bradford was playing and never got hurt. Though they both shined. This Vikings squad is just TOO well balanced. scary defense, great offense. Eagles can play D well also but I don’t think Nick Foles has as clean of a game this time out. He may though . That’s the edgy part of this all. The Eagles staff knows Nick Foles very well from his days before he became a journeyman in the league. They know how to use him successfully. They like to run a bunch of RPO with Foles and let him pick what he wants to do quickly. It limits mistakes and he’s very effective at it. They ripped Atlanta a new one all day with it last week. They could NOT stop it. Overall I think it comes down to a few plays Foles doesn’t make that the Vikings DO make or it could be the other way around. I’m quite on the fence with this game but hey..someone has to win right??

Final Prediction - Philly - 21 Vikings - 28

Thanks for setting this up . May I edit the title?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Agree completely.

SAR I

Francesa is a guy that watches sports from the owner’s box, and he views the sport from that position of elitist detachment. 

And not only has the League pushed its entire focus on the QB position, it’s also hurting them that those QBs are generally assholes. Brady and Roethlisberger are contemptible jerkoffs who don’t even try to hide it. Matt Ryan is an entirely uninspiring Uber-Caucasian milquetoast poof. Aaron Rodgers is a SoCal on-the-spectrum robot. Winston, Mariota and Prescott are coin flips to be starting QBs in three years. Russell Wilson is a sanctimonious twat. The only QB who is any good and appears to be a good guy is Drew Brees. What the league needs is for Carson Wentz to get healthy, and for him and Goff to not become huge scumbags. 

For as much grief as the NBA gets, their ratings are way up and imo it’s because their stars are legitimately good people and it’s fun to support good guys. 

Sad that this will be the last weekend of real football

BTW: old school rooting used to be your team/school first, division second, league third, ex-your team player fourth, all in a matter of good sportsmanship. Well THAT'S gone forever :). Me, as these are the last two games of the year, I just want to see close interesting contests.

Someday, if I live long enough, I'd like to go to one of these at a green-lit Meadowlands

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

**** New England

I hope Jacksonville embarrasses them as much as the Jets did up there with Sanchez in the playoffs.  Best Sanchez day ever because it silenced most of the obnoxiously arrogant Pats bandwagoners for an entire off season.

Cheaters by 21, Bortles gets mind melded by belicheat 

2 of my best friends are a married couple, eagles and vikings fans. Not casual fans, super fans. Can't imagine that, lol 

I love the vikings for obvious reasons, but I think they will suffer an emotional let down from last week and get off to a terrible start. 

Eagles by 4

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Cheaters by 21, Bortles gets mind melded by belicheat 

2 of my best friends are a married couple, eagles and vikings fans. Not casual fans, super fans. Can't imagine that, lol 

I love the vikings for obvious reasons, but I think they will suffer an emotional let down from last week and get off to a terrible start. 

Eagles by 4

Be interesting if the Eagles win and then have to play in the building of the team they just beat

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Almost want the Pats to win so that we can avoid two weeks of "Woody Johnson is an idiot" whining, despite it being true.

Beningo and Mehta would get into a boxing match

I, too, base my rooting interests on the outcome that will be least damaging to the Jets #brand.

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Francesa is a guy that watches sports from the owner’s box, and he views the sport from that position of elitist detachment. 

And not only has the League pushed its entire focus on the QB position, it’s also hurting them that those QBs are generally assholes. Brady and Roethlisberger are contemptible jerkoffs who don’t even try to hide it. Matt Ryan is an entirely uninspiring Uber-Caucasian milquetoast poof. Aaron Rodgers is a SoCal on-the-spectrum robot. Winston, Mariota and Prescott are coin flips to be starting QBs in three years. Russell Wilson is a sanctimonious twat. The only QB who is any good and appears to be a good guy is Drew Brees. What the league needs is for Carson Wentz to get healthy, and for him and Goff to not become huge scumbags. 

For as much grief as the NBA gets, their ratings are way up and imo it’s because their stars are legitimately good people and it’s fun to support good guys. 

A Cheater , A rapist (alleged), and the guy that banged Olivia Munn. Easy to hate . 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Next year when Brady is going against Bellichick (who will be coaching the Giants) will be an interesting Super Bowl.

in that dream sequence you have to remember BB has never even mad a conf title game w/o Brady so Brady might get back but BB certainly wouldn't be going back.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

in that dream sequence you have to remember BB has never even mad a conf title game w/o Brady so Brady might get back but BB certainly wouldn't be going back.

It may depend on whether Ernie Adams goes with BB or stays behind ;)

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Be interesting if the Eagles win and then have to play in the building of the team they just beat

Yeah that has to be a rare event and if they are in the same locker room would give them a lot of familiarity with the surroundings. 

Just now, jetrider said:

You somehow forgot Brady never made it anywhere without BB

the difference is Brady never had a chance w/o BB, BB had plenty of chances w/o Brady and was a total failure just like all the assistants that look great w/ Brady and fail w/o him.

Archived