Where would the Jets be with Marrone as HC and Schwartz as DC?

Lupz27

Serious question, I’d say there would have been a very good chance Schwartz followed Marrone to the Jets that year.

How different does this Jets team look?  Are we garbage because of no QB?  Does Marrone have a preference of a specific QB that Bowles didn’t and vice versa?  In my opinion the Schwartz being DC it’s not even a question if our D would be good, but how good.

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

The jags ran into 5 man fronts and took a knee with 55 seconds to go and 3 timeouts so

5-11

Well considering Marrone was the first O-Coordinator for Sean Payton, and Drew Brees back in 06-08 we would have been running the same offense, and probably running it now for 3 seasons, this also means no Fitz in 2015 most likely, AND who knows maybe because he is a HC who comes from an offensive background the Jets pony up whatever it would have cost to move up for Goff, or Wentz, also I’d assume we would have done something at the RB position other then Forte, and Powell.  Yes Nathanial Hackett would probably be our OC which he was today, and looked terrible in the 2nd half, BUT you have to understand that Marrone would have had 4 straight years playing the Patriots twice a year, AND Jim Schwartz also would be on year 4 of playing the Pats 4 times a year, and in year 1 he held the Pats to 9 points the 2nd time they played.  I’d say we would probably be sitting here happier then a pig in sh*t about our Defense at the very least with Schwartz (come on look at how he is guiding this Eagles D who knows well until today’s outburst it was on them once Wentz went down and they did not disappoint), never would have had to go through Fitztragic as Marrone released him after taking the Bills job, most likely would have avoided Hackenberg, he probably would have given Geno a shot like Bowles was going to do in 2015, who knows if he gets punched in the face, or not, and he would probably have a short leash as Marrone choose Manuel over Geno in that draft, the big question is who would have been the backup/possible starter brought in instead of trading for Fitz that offseason, my educated guess would be in this order Foles, Bradford, Hoyer, Shaun Hill, or Matt Flynn.

I believe anyway you slice it things would be looking MUCH better with those 2 running the Offense, and Defense IMO.

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I believe anyway you slice it things would be looking MUCH better with those 2 running the Offense, and Defense IMO.

That game felt a lot like a Jets game. 

Mental mistakes at key times and in the moment couldn't make the play 

Coughlin deserves most of the credit for the turnaround 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

That game felt a lot like a Jets game. 

Mental mistakes at key times and in the moment couldn't make the play 

Coughlin deserves most of the credit for the turnaround 

your not understanding the difference Schwartz would have on that D, did you see the Eagles game?  Having that in your back pocket can actually play much mote aggressive on offense.

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Serious question, I’d say there would have been a very good chance Schwartz followed Marrone to the Jets that year.

How different does this Jets team look?  Are we garbage because of no QB?  Does Marrone have a preference of a specific QB that Bowles didn’t and vice versa?  In my opinion the Schwartz being DC it’s not even a question if our D would be good, but how good.

I don't know about Marrone but I know about Schwartz first hand from his days as Lions HC. The guy was a complete tool and was a immature prick. He constantly caused problems where there were none. His antics are well documented and he constantly gave the opposing team bulletin board ammo and was a detriment to his team. Woody would not have put up with his antics for long. This love for Schwartz is simply a case of going by the stats and not the whole picture. Unless Schwartz learned something and matured as a coach he would have lasted a season or two before his act got old.

Is Jim Schwartz wearing out his welcome in Philadelphia?

gettyimages-613621986.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

Former Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz is one of the very few former Lions coaches to land a major job after leaving. But the second-year Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator has already rubbed some of his players the wrong way, per the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Jeff McLane.

“When he first got here last year he came in right off the bat and was assertive and aggressive with everybody,” cornerback Ron Brooks told the Inquirer.

As the Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett tweeted in response to the article, this sounds familiar:

As McLane wrote, the internal narrative is that things are getting better in Philadelphia.

“That’s something we addressed last year,” safety Malcolm Jenkins said, “and for the most part he’s been good.”

Though there was plenty of buy-in in Detroit, especially when the Lions got significantly better year over year under his guidance, things seemed to sour quickly when the going got tough in 2012 and the team finished the season on an eight-game losing streak.

That a Lions squad featuring many of the same players made the playoffs twice in three years under current head coach Jim Caldwell — who, in many ways, takes the opposite approach — seems to indicate the team was ready for a change.

But just like Schwartz, Caldwell has set fan expectations high, much higher than many national analysts see the team achieving. Whether he can truly succeed where Schwartz failed has yet to be seen.

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Scuttlebutt was that Marrone and Schwartz didn't like each other a great deal. Schwartz was also under contract and only let out later after Rex decided they weren't compatible. The likelihood of Schwartz ever getting to NY was extremely low.

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Hard to say because the difference between the 2 rosters talent wise are drastic.   Like Varsity vs. Freshman.  The Jets are ******* terrible with little to no talent.  The Jags and Eagles are ******* loaded.  

Honestly, probably not much different.  Maybe they win a game or 2 more.  Maybe. 

22 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Where would the Jets be if they knew how to draft and build a team? 

Probably the better question.  

Talent is everything.  I'm not saying coaching isn't important, it is...but you cant win unless you have talent. 

The Jets do not have talent...the Jags and Eagles are loaded.  That's the biggest difference.

14 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Does anyone think Todd Blowes takes the Jags to the SB?  He has trouble beating Buffalo.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Probably the better question.  

Talent is everything.  I'm not saying coaching isn't important, it is...but you cant win unless you have talent. 

The Jets do not have talent...the Jags and Eagles are loaded.  That's the biggest difference.

I think bad coaching shows even more in post season.  But a lot of bad coaching does not get to post season.  A guy like Tomlin is the exception.  I thought the Jags game plan was sound--for three quarters. In the 4th, I thought Bortles got unstrung and the plays became very vanilla as well.  They stopped throwing to the backs.  The Pat LBs did not get faster after quarter three.

Archived