Senior Bowl Updates

KRL

Forget the Super Bowl, the real game starts this week:

http://www.draftanalyst.com/hello-mobile-0

The 2018 Senior Bowl gets started bright and early Tuesday morning with weighins that commence at 7:30 a.m. Before the first player steps on a scale, here is the buzz swirling around as more than 100 seniors and a few select juniors prepare to impress future employers.

Mason Rudolph, who was ruled out of the Senior Bowl with a foot injury, will be on hand for weigh-ins Tuesday morning and will interview with teams through Wednesday.

Rudolph hurt his foot during the third quarter of Oklahoma State’s bowl game yet finished all four quarters of the contest.  It’s classified as a foot sprain and though he has been throwing during training Rudolph is wearing a boot to stabilize his foot based on the advice of doctors.

Expectations are he will be ready to go for the combine.

From the ranks of the underclassmen, people say highly rated junior Roquan Smith has the body type of a safety more than a linebacker. Physical comparisons are being made to Shaq Thompson, the Panthers’ 2015 first-round selection.

The more people I speak with, the more likely it seems Arden Key falls out of the first round. I’m told the pass rusher looks like a very ordinary athlete during combine training and there’s nothing that stands out about him. Then there are potential off-field issues, something I initially eluded to in August.

Two quarterbacks who could gain traction this week are Luke Falk of Washington State and Western Kentucky’s Mike White.

The question surrounding both quarterbacks revolves around arm strength.

Many believe the system at Washington State, which relied on quick passes and was similar to a run-and-shoot offense, turned Falk into an arm passer rather than using his hips and legs to deliver the ball and get speed on throws. I was told people will be surprised about Falk’s true arm strength this week. If that’s the case, I expect Falk to leave the Senior Bowl as an early second-round choice.

White was also a quarterback who threw a lot of short and intermediate passes in college.

After breaking down the WKU film this past weekend, I was incredibly impressed by White’s poise, patience, accuracy and overall awareness. I’m told he’s a favorite ofCleveland Browns general manager John Dorsey.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike White looks like an intriguing prospect. Great size 6’4 225. Has nice movement in pocket, doesn’t get rattled, excellent touch, can make all the throws, has arm strength and experience in pro style offense.  Projected as 6th or 7th QB prospect. Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph, White, Faulk. Let’s see ?

1 hour ago, BigO said:

Mike White looks like an intriguing prospect. Great size 6’4 225. Has nice movement in pocket, doesn’t get rattled, excellent touch, can make all the throws, has arm strength and experience in pro style offense.  Projected as 6th or 7th QB prospect. Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph, White, Faulk. Let’s see ?

I have been high on Mike White as a sleeper for quite a long time. If we double dip late in the draft..I want Mike White on our team..but no O..he doesn’t run a pro offense..

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I have been high on Mike White as a sleeper for quite a long time. If we double dip late in the draft..I want Mike White on our team..but no O..he doesn’t run a pro offense..

Who does in college. Anyways I like what I saw. ☝️

3 minutes ago, BigO said:

Who does in college. Anyways I like what I saw. ☝️

Oh yeah. Agreed. I have been watching him since sometime in 2016. Quietly one of the better small school QB’s. Great size. Surprisingly good accuracy imo. He’s a pretty good decisions maker. He needs it sit for a year or two but he could be a nice choice for a team that can present the ideal situation for him. ...dunno if that is us though.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oh yeah. Agreed. I have been watching him since sometime in 2016. Quietly one of the better small school QB’s. Great size. Surprisingly good accuracy imo. He’s a pretty good decisions maker. He needs it sit for a year or two but he could be a nice choice for a team that can present the ideal situation for him. ...dunno if that is us though.

Sure it is. In 2 years Bowles will be done ✅ 

20 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Best buds, forever and always. 

Infuriating and stupid, also wouldn’t be surprised to find out also gay. These guys do not get it. 

——————

Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield won't arrive for the Senior Bowl until Tuesday, as reported by NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. Mayfield will miss the annual weigh-in Tuesday morning but is expected to be ready for the North squad practice. ... Maine OL Jamil Demby has been added to the North roster to replace Western Michigan's Chukwuma Okorafor. ... Senior Bowl players will wear GPS-tracking chips beginning this year, a technology which will provide coaches with additional information about their practice performances

Yep 

Mayfield skipping the weigh in sucks for our purposes, makes sense for him. 

34 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Infuriating and stupid, also wouldn’t be surprised to find out also gay. These guys do not get it. 

——————

Yep 

Mayfield skipping the weigh in sucks for our purposes, makes sense for him. 

He will be weighed and measured though when he arrives no? 

Archived