The Pats Don't Cheat, They're Gosh Darn It Just THAT Damn Good!

Warfish

Or so says some folks.

Leave your tin foil at the door haters, lol.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755593-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-pats-conspiracy-theories-are-the-nfls-ufos?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Be assured, the Pats favoritism and cheating IS hurting NFL ratings, make no mistake about that.  No one wants to see them again outside New England, the Pats sports media sycophants and a handful of front-runner, loves-whomever-is-good "fans" who will equally like whomever wins next after Brady retires.

The Jags should have won that game. BB is probably the best 2nd half adjustment coach in the business but if the Jags did what they did in the 1st half instead of trying to run the ball with the NE box stacked with 7-8 they may have had a better chance. They apparently didn't want to put the game on Bortles shoulders. You can never let up on the Patriots. Can't wait for the Brady/Bellichick era to be over. 2 more years is my best guess and then the Jets will be the Beast of the East!!!

I didn't read the article but I am sure he explained in exquisite detail why the Pats were called for neither an offensive or defensive penalty the entire game!

Indeed the only infraction that was called against the Pats was a special teams infraction, despite now numerous posts literally showing holding by the OL, including and not limited to the final run of the game...

Yea I know they don't get called cause they are that good.....

Well I have been an NFL fan for almost fifty years and they have one more season to clean this up or I will no longer follow the game....

7 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

On another note I did notice a sh*t ton of holding on the Pats O line in the 2nd half that wasn't called. Hmmm. No conspiracy theory there. Just fact.

There is a reason Brady has barely ever been injured outside of his ACL tear. They wouldn’t know what to do if their brand name QB got hurt.

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I didn't read the article but I am sure he explained in exquisite detail why the Pats were called for neither an offensive or defensive penalty the entire game!

Indeed the only infraction that was called against the Pats was a special teams infraction, despite now numerous posts literally showing holding by the OL, including and not limited to the final run of the game...

Yea I know they don't get called cause they are that good.....

Well I have been an NFL fan for almost fifty years and they have one more season to clean this up or I will no longer follow the game....

It’s either a conspiracy by the nfl to get a favorable ratings matchup for the Super bowl or Vegas

Or Both

I hate the Patriots with the intensity of 1000 suns, but the Jags lost the game because of a few silly legitimate penalties and some pretty crappy play calling in the second half.  One of the biggest shortcomings of most teams in the NFL is that they don't know how to close out games.  The Jags had a chance to win this game  and couldn't do it. 

saw a video a friend posted on FB.  Showed a pass to gronk against the steelers and the play clock in the corner.  Seemed like a normal play with players slowly getting back to the huddle except when the play clock gets to around 12 and the players are still in the huddle, Tom pumps his right arm in the air like the refs do to let the time keeper start the play clock and sure as sh*t, the play clock is reset.  

The lack of holding calls or PI against the pats can be construed as a bad judgement call but i have never seen a qb reset the play clock like that lol ill see if i can somehow paste it into this thread.

Other plays during the Jags game have been discussed and replayed.  I haven't seen this one anywhere else.  I have tried to get it out there on Twitter...and failed.   This is from DVR on my TV.  I don't have the tech skills to clean it up and zoom in, etc.  Notice the time stamp.  6:13 left in the 4th quarter.

Two holds, on the same play, against the same defensive lineman.

ONE.  PENALTY.  FOR. TEN. YARDS. 

20180123_155133.jpg

IMO:

1. Pats get serious deference on holding.  They (it feels like) almost never get called for it.

2. Pats get serious deference on Pass interference.  Their opponents get called alot and at key moments, they do not get called on it much.

3. Gronk is guilty of offensive pass interference on almost every play where he is covered.  While he does get called when it's blatant, he gets away with alot.  ALOT.

4. Brady is protected (via flags) more than any QB in the NFL.  Call it the NFL version of the Jordan Rule if you like, but some seriously ticky-tack hits on Brady were instant 15 yarders.  The Jets crappy QB gets speared in the head, especially if by a Pat, and no call.

I have no doubt Brady is the GOAT at QB.  And Bellichek is an excellent coach. 

But never in my lifetime have I seen one team so regularly and consistently get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to officiating.

Why?  No idea.  But IMO it's unquestionable, and very little of it can be "proven" because lol "judgement call penalties".  A near constant subtle pressure in the Pats favor, every down, all the downs.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Or so says some folks.

Leave your tin foil at the door haters, lol.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755593-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-pats-conspiracy-theories-are-the-nfls-ufos?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Be assured, the Pats favoritism and cheating IS hurting NFL ratings, make no mistake about that.  No one wants to see them again outside New England, the Pats sports media sycophants and a handful of front-runner, loves-whomever-is-good "fans" who will equally like whomever wins next after Brady retires.

They DO cheat, and they ARE good, and the refs have their back

When the Cheats cant get anything going offensively, and they resort to their shameless "throw it deep and plead for PI" tactics... that is aggravating enough. 

But when the officials fall for the charade and reach for the flags almost as fast as Doc Holliday could draw his pistol, it becomes downright infuriating.

4 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

How would one claiming “conspiracy theory garbage” explain this?

They can't explain it away!!!

That is why I would rather not have such blatant proof of this nonsense! 

My moniker is Charlie Brown for a reason.  It stands for when I was young and thought all things were possible and sports like football were great because they showed that if you applied yourself you can hold your head up high.

All this Pats cheating is destroying that and it sucks!!!

41 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

When the Cheats cant get anything going offensively, and they resort to their shameless "throw it deep and plead for PI" tactics... that is aggravating enough. 

But when the officials fall for the charade and reach for the flags almost as fast as Doc Holliday could draw his pistol, it becomes downright infuriating.

That's taking advantage of a loophole though, which they're exceptionally good at. Belichick plays the rules to his advantage- studies tendencies of refs, teams etc. The Jets dont do this sh*t. Bowles is punting down two scores in the 4th qtr.

The Pats get away with shady sh*t - there's no doubt about it. The scorekeeper at Foxboro, always getting a home game for Thursday Night Football etc.Better to ask for forgiveness than permission type of sh*t. But there's still no doubt they have every situation known to man prepared for. At the end of the day they just execute better than everyone.

For two days after the AFC Championship, I heard how the Jags couldn't make a big stop when it counted, and that the refs had nothing to do with the loss. The Jags wouldn't have needed to make big stops if they were up 27-10 if not for an awful call. Brady is capable of coming back from 17 points down, but it would have been very unlikely. Don't even get me started on the delay of game penalty that was called AFTER The play was over. I have been watching football for 38 years, and I have never seen anything like that. 

wow those videos are really damning...I hope they go viral. 

Jacksonville lost because they became pussies once they had a lead and went super conservative which allowed the Pats and the refs to insure that the Patriots won.

The worst most suspicious calls I have every seen are ALL in Pats games and ALL went the Pats way...ti defies any attempt and statistical probability or chance. They cheat and the NFL cheats for them both passively by not making calls and actively by applying different thresholds to penalties for and against the Pats

I think it is the main reason the NFL is just less interesting to me now.

Those videos are stomach churning, especially since there is a clear signal from Brady in both.

Fuuck the NFL.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

They can't explain it away!!!

That is why I would rather not have such blatant proof of this nonsense! 

My moniker is Charlie Brown for a reason.  It stands for when I was young and thought all things were possible and sports like football were great because they showed that if you applied yourself you can hold your head up high.

All this Pats cheating is destroying that and it sucks!!!

Good Grief!!! snopes needs to add a standalone section of its website dedicated solely to debunking Patriots-related myths posted by moronic Steelers fans.  This one is right up there with gangs of killers who drive around shooting drivers who flash their high beams and billionaires who share their wealth with anyone who gives a "like" to a post on facebook.  I'm surprised that so many knowledgeable football fans on this site are buying into this garbage.  

This particular one has been debunked repeatedly since it happened in 2015.  But I'm sure the Pittsburgh area hick who posted the video is grateful for the latest surge in views.  As you can see at the beginning of the video, Gronk appears to have caught a pass along the sideline.  But the officials rule it incomplete and explain on the PA system that Gronk had stepped out of bounds (you don't see that part on the video because the camera cuts to Brady and you don't hear the PA announcement because the angry Pittsburgh hick is talking over it).

Normally in the NFL, there is a 40 second play clock between downs EXCEPT when there is an administrative stoppage in play.  When there is an administrative stoppage in play, the 40 second play clock is replaced by a 25 second play clock that starts from the moment the ball is spotted for play.  The ref stopped play to make the PA announcement that the pass was incomplete.  That was an administrative stoppage that should have ended the further use of the 40 second play clock and replaced it with the 25 second play clock from the time of spotting the ball.  But that didn't happen -- the timekeeper erroneously continued to run the 40 second play clock through the administrative stoppage.  Brady simply pointed that out by his hand signal and the time keeper properly reset the play clock to the 25 seconds that should have been awarded from the time when the ball was spotted for play.  

13 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Good Grief!!! snopes needs to add a standalone section of its website dedicated solely to debunking Patriots-related myths posted by moronic Steelers fans.  This one is right up there with gangs of killers who drive around shooting drivers who flash their high beams and billionaires who share their wealth with anyone who gives a "like" to a post on facebook.  I'm surprised that so many knowledgeable football fans on this site are buying into this garbage.  

This particular one has been debunked repeatedly since it happened in 2015.  But I'm sure the Pittsburgh area hick who posted the video is grateful for the latest surge in views.  As you can see at the beginning of the video, Gronk appears to have caught a pass along the sideline.  But the officials rule it incomplete and explain on the PA system that Gronk had stepped out of bounds (you don't see that part on the video because the camera cuts to Brady and you don't hear the PA announcement because the angry Pittsburgh hick is talking over it).

Normally in the NFL, there is a 40 second play clock between downs EXCEPT when there is an administrative stoppage in play.  When there is an administrative stoppage in play, the 40 second play clock is replaced by a 25 second play clock that starts from the moment the ball is spotted for play.  The ref stopped play to make the PA announcement that the pass was incomplete.  That was an administrative stoppage that should have ended the further use of the 40 second play clock and replaced it with the 25 second play clock from the time of spotting the ball.  But that didn't happen -- the timekeeper erroneously continued to run the 40 second play clock through the administrative stoppage.  Brady simply pointed that out by his hand signal and the time keeper properly reset the play clock to the 25 seconds that should have been awarded from the time when the ball was spotted for play.  

Thank you soooo much!!!

Now can you explain how the Pats weren't called for a single defensive or offensive penalty in the entire Championship game; and were noted for only one penalty on special teams?

I eagerly await the Pats Nation to debunk that... :) 

46 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Your team is a f*cking disgrace.   They cheat.  Bend the rules.  Circumvent the salary cap, yeah the Brady water bottle scheme at Gillette.  Scream for flags on every other play.  Their fans are a collection of smug, delusional bandwagon jumpers... totally blind to what the rest of the NFL universe sees plain as day.  There was no such thing 35 years ago as #Patsnation or whatever you Massholes call yourselves.   They were blacked out every week because nobody gave a sh*t.  All they cared about was the American Naptime and the Sawx. 

AFCEast fan.  Pffft.   The Cheats are not part of the AFCE.  They are not part of the NFL in the minds of many.   They don't play by the same rules, nor are they officiated by the same standards.  They are a pariah.  A leper.  Dynasties in other eras and sports were respected.   GOATS like MJ and Gretzky loved.   The Cheats are loathed.  Despised.  

The irritating thing is you Massholes can't seem to figure out why the difference.  Instead you stick to the "they hate us cause they ain't us" mantra.

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What am I missing?  What should I see?

It was debunked.. It was purporting to show how the game clock was being reset for the Pats advantage.

One of the sane Pats posters showed how it was nonsense!!

So I don't have to jump off the bridge tonight.

Archived