The Pats Don't Cheat, They're Gosh Darn It Just THAT Damn Good!

Warfish

49 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you soooo much!!!

Now can you explain how the Pats weren't called for a single defensive or offensive penalty in the entire Championship game; and were noted for only one penalty on special teams?

I eagerly await the Pats Nation to debunk that... :) 

I don't have an explanation for that one -- the calls/non-calls in that game clearly favored the Patriots.  

41 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Your team is a f*cking disgrace.   They cheat.  Bend the rules.  Circumvent the salary cap, yeah the Brady water bottle scheme at Gillette.  Scream for flags on every other play.  Their fans are a collection of smug, delusional bandwagon jumpers... totally blind to what the rest of the NFL universe sees plain as day.  There was no such thing 35 years ago as #Patsnation or whatever you Massholes call yourselves.   They were blacked out every week because nobody gave a sh*t.  All they cared about was the American Naptime and the Sawx. 

AFCEast fan.  Pffft.   The Cheats are not part of the AFCE.  They are not part of the NFL in the minds of many.   They don't play by the same rules, nor are they officiated by the same standards.  They are a pariah.  A leper.  Dynasties in other eras and sports were respected.   GOATS like MJ and Gretzky loved.   The Cheats are loathed.  Despised.  

The irritating thing is you Massholes can't seem to figure out why the difference.  Instead you stick to the "they hate us cause they ain't us" mantra.

I watched Commando on TV the other night.  Hugely entertaining movie, with one of the most pathetic/absurd/humorous accents (Dan Hedaya) and antagonists (a ridiculously out-of-shape, chain-mail-wearing, Vernon Wells).  And this underrated 80's classic from the outro.  Didn't realize until recently that it was the Power Station -- should have recognized Tony Thompson's signature heavy drum sound.  

13 hours ago, MaxAF said:

The Jags should have won that game. BB is probably the best 2nd half adjustment coach in the business but if the Jags did what they did in the 1st half instead of trying to run the ball with the NE box stacked with 7-8 they may have had a better chance. They apparently didn't want to put the game on Bortles shoulders. You can never let up on the Patriots. Can't wait for the Brady/Bellichick era to be over. 2 more years is my best guess and then the Jets will be the Beast of the East!!!

Totally agree, with Bowles being #1. 

5 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

Good Grief!!! snopes needs to add a standalone section of its website dedicated solely to debunking Patriots-related myths posted by moronic Steelers fans.  This one is right up there with gangs of killers who drive around shooting drivers who flash their high beams and billionaires who share their wealth with anyone who gives a "like" to a post on facebook.  I'm surprised that so many knowledgeable football fans on this site are buying into this garbage.  

This particular one has been debunked repeatedly since it happened in 2015.  But I'm sure the Pittsburgh area hick who posted the video is grateful for the latest surge in views.  As you can see at the beginning of the video, Gronk appears to have caught a pass along the sideline.  But the officials rule it incomplete and explain on the PA system that Gronk had stepped out of bounds (you don't see that part on the video because the camera cuts to Brady and you don't hear the PA announcement because the angry Pittsburgh hick is talking over it).

Normally in the NFL, there is a 40 second play clock between downs EXCEPT when there is an administrative stoppage in play.  When there is an administrative stoppage in play, the 40 second play clock is replaced by a 25 second play clock that starts from the moment the ball is spotted for play.  The ref stopped play to make the PA announcement that the pass was incomplete.  That was an administrative stoppage that should have ended the further use of the 40 second play clock and replaced it with the 25 second play clock from the time of spotting the ball.  But that didn't happen -- the timekeeper erroneously continued to run the 40 second play clock through the administrative stoppage.  Brady simply pointed that out by his hand signal and the time keeper properly reset the play clock to the 25 seconds that should have been awarded from the time when the ball was spotted for play.  

thanks for the explanation.  Clears that up!

Now what is the explanation for the Pats flagrant offensive holding that nearly never gets called?  Been watching NFL for nearly 50 years and the Pats are the only team Ive seen get away with such flagrant penalties as often as they do.

13 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

Good Grief!!! snopes needs to add a standalone section of its website dedicated solely to debunking Patriots-related myths posted by moronic Steelers fans.  This one is right up there with gangs of killers who drive around shooting drivers who flash their high beams and billionaires who share their wealth with anyone who gives a "like" to a post on facebook.  I'm surprised that so many knowledgeable football fans on this site are buying into this garbage.  

This particular one has been debunked repeatedly since it happened in 2015.  But I'm sure the Pittsburgh area hick who posted the video is grateful for the latest surge in views.  As you can see at the beginning of the video, Gronk appears to have caught a pass along the sideline.  But the officials rule it incomplete and explain on the PA system that Gronk had stepped out of bounds (you don't see that part on the video because the camera cuts to Brady and you don't hear the PA announcement because the angry Pittsburgh hick is talking over it).

Normally in the NFL, there is a 40 second play clock between downs EXCEPT when there is an administrative stoppage in play.  When there is an administrative stoppage in play, the 40 second play clock is replaced by a 25 second play clock that starts from the moment the ball is spotted for play.  The ref stopped play to make the PA announcement that the pass was incomplete.  That was an administrative stoppage that should have ended the further use of the 40 second play clock and replaced it with the 25 second play clock from the time of spotting the ball.  But that didn't happen -- the timekeeper erroneously continued to run the 40 second play clock through the administrative stoppage.  Brady simply pointed that out by his hand signal and the time keeper properly reset the play clock to the 25 seconds that should have been awarded from the time when the ball was spotted for play.  

Thanks for this.  I used to be good at those "you make the call" snippets when i was a kid watching football, im not on top of it like i used to be.

I had a moment of clarity while watching the steelers/pats game last weekend.  For some reason tom reminded me of that ace pitcher that can pump a 100mph fastball and paint either corner of the plate with his accuracy. tom is just that good with his dump off passes and intermediate passes.  his swing passes out of the backfield are like handoffs where the RB doesnt miss a step and allows them to rack up YAC.  His passes over the middle are only where his receivers can get to it and usually low to keep his WR safe(maybe because they are smaller recievers) but with gronk he puts it up higher due to his size and catch radius. His deep ball accuracy seems to have fallen off but that could be the case of not being open(no deep threat) and playing the odds of PI. 

22 hours ago, Warfish said:

Or so says some folks.

Leave your tin foil at the door haters, lol.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755593-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-pats-conspiracy-theories-are-the-nfls-ufos?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Be assured, the Pats favoritism and cheating IS hurting NFL ratings, make no mistake about that.  No one wants to see them again outside New England, the Pats sports media sycophants and a handful of front-runner, loves-whomever-is-good "fans" who will equally like whomever wins next after Brady retires.

The Pats no longer need to cheat. They let the referees do their dirty work nowadays. Great job by the NFL of showing fans that it is no longer a truly competitive league, but rather a popularity contest much like the WWE. I have seen the refs come to the rescue for the Pats so many times that I predict another Pats SB victory -which I will not be witness to.

Archived