Colts interested in trading #3 pick

Patriot Killa

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Take a look at the Bears move man. You are living in an alternate universe and never answered me. What do you think they ask for? Knowing the Jets aren't the only ones on the phone.

You ask me this frickin question twice a month!!!! How many times do I have to answer it. HUH?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Denver WILL get Baker if we don’t jump them. It’s that simple. They absolutely love him.

Unless they get Cousins ha. There is a lot of chatter they are going to go after cousins first. If they fail at getting him or Smith, they prob do sign a ave vet and still go for baker. They want to try to win now. Von Miller and co Aren’t getting any younger. 

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Unless they get Cousins ha. There is a lot of chatter they are going to go after cousins first. If they fail at getting him or Smith, they prob do sign a ave vet and still go for baker. They want to try to win now. Von Miller and co Aren’t getting any younger. 

Problem is with the pick being available other teams will look into jumping us too. We’ve known all along it’d come to this #3 pick.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What are you smoking? It’s not going to cost 2 second rounders and our 6th to move up 3 frickin’ spots ..do you have any idea what a value chart is?

Value charts go out the window if there are multiple teams wanting the same thing, and each of those teams feel they have a "must have" player.

It is a game of poker

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Problem is with the pick being available other teams will look into jumping us too. We’ve known all along it’d come to this #3 pick.

the question is, does the pick lose a ton of value if darnold/rosen go 1/2 and noone is in love with allen who is viewed around the nfl as a project?  so then you have the colts trying to drum up interest with denver, ny and perhaps buffalo or az for mayfield, and the only team i can see trading up for him is denver.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Value charts go out the window if there are multiple teams wanting the same thing, and each of those teams feel they have a "must have" player.

It is a game of poker

Barely when the teams this year that would want him are all in the mid to late 1st rounds.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well if Barkleyis not drafed at 3 or 4, you probably have more looking to jump up to 5 for him not Baker. I don’t think anyone is picking mayfield over Barkley. Jets can’t go chasing picks now. They have to be a big man and do what they can at 6. We all agree it was more important to let josh McCown play and win 5 games so we can pick at 6. Instead of only winnng 2-3 games with petty/hack and picking 2nd overall ?

11 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I think it was a 3rd, a 4th and next years 4th

It was a 3rd a 4th and a 2018 3rd.  But the Bears were moving up just 1 pick, from 3 to 2.  Value of Top 6 picks according to the chart:

#1: 3,000

#2: 2,600

#3: 2,200

#4: 1,800

#5: 1,700

#6: 1,600

We would have to offer more than the bears to move up.  37th pick is 530 - so we would need to offer that plus later round pick, based on the chart.  But if we get into a bidding war for the pick, all bets are off.

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Well if Barkleyis not drafed at 3 or 4, you probably have more looking to jump up to 5 for him not Baker. I don’t think anyone is picking mayfield over Barkley. Jets can’t go chasing picks now. They have to be a big man and do what they can at 6. We all agree it was more important to let josh McCown play and win 5 games so we can pick at 6. Instead of only winnng 2-3 games with petty/hack and picking 2nd overall ?

LOL who is taking Barkely top 5? Maybe the Browns because they have 2 top 5 picks. That’s it though. Do you not know how many great RB’s are in this draft.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

It was a 3rd a 4th and a 2018 3rd.  But the Bears were moving up just 1 pick, from 3 to 2.  Value of Top 6 picks according to the chart:

#1: 3,000

#2: 2,600

#3: 2,200

#4: 1,800

#5: 1,700

#6: 1,600

We would have to offer more than the bears to move up.  37th pick is 530 - so we would need to offer that plus later round pick, based on the chart.  But if we get into a bidding war for the pick, all bets are off.

Betting wars don’t sound that probable to me when we hold the #6 pick compared to any other QB needy team not named Denver. 

People using the "chart" to determine value when talking about trading up for a QB are out to lunch. The chart goes out to window when you have a bidding war for a prized QB.

I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I don't see this administration drafting Mayfield.... And if we trade up for Allen I might jump out a window.

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What are you smoking? It’s not going to cost 2 second rounders and our 6th to move up 3 frickin’ spots ..do you have any idea what a value chart is?

Yes.  The value chart say roughly it would take our high 2nd and our 4th.  You really think if a QB is sitting there, they won't be able to extract that extra 2nd?

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

People using the "chart" to determine value when talking about trading up for a QB are out to lunch. The chart goes out to window when you have a bidding war for a prized QB.

I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I don't see this administration drafting Mayfield.... And if we trade up for Allen I might jump out a window.

Trading up to 3 for Rosen or Darnokd I'm all in.

im ok with any of the other QBs at 6 but not trading up for w other picks that could potentially include next year's 1

36 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They aren’t, but they’re being held back by their coaching staff. Hue Jackson makes Todd Bowles look like Lombardi. 

I disagree.  I find it hard to believe that the same guy that led the terrible Raiders to a 6-0 AFC West record and made the Cincinnati Bengal running game dominant with sh*tty Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard (2,368 combined scrimmage yards in 2014, 2,075 in 2015 with Hue as OC) suddenly forgot how to coach. 

It's very hard to win with a highly turnover prone young QB like he had in Kizer this past season.  I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.  

21 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is a game of poker

+1

The charts are often used, but they're more often used as a starting point. If there are no other offers and the team wants to move down, the team takes less; opposite if there's competition for the pick, especially when you're talking about theoretical FQBs in the top 2 draft slots.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

LOL who is taking Barkely top 5? Maybe the Browns because they have 2 top 5 picks. That’s it though. Do you not know how many great RB’s are in this draft.

I do. But Barkley is a rare breed far and above all the good backs coming out. Mayfield has questions also, on and off field. I agree he is very talented in college spread, but doesn’t always translate. I see your argument, there is good value at rb in 2nd round, but they sure aren’t barkley. Unfortately I don’t see Todd Bowles developing the offense to cater around mayfield’s strengths. Barkley on the other hand would be a 2k all purpose yard guy for jets for many years if we give him some blockers. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Haley and Rosen sounds like a huge dysfunctional relationship in the making plus Rosen's unwillingness to go to Cleveland.

that's good news 

I also don't see Rosen fitting in with the Giant culture 

im almost excited about this possibility 

Not getting my hopes up, but yeah.  Landing Darnold or Rosen at 3 would be the absolute best possible result that could come from this draft, and isn't THAT unrealistic.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I do. But Barkley is a rare breed far and above all the good backs coming out. Mayfield has questions also, on and off field. I agree he is very talented in college spread, but doesn’t always translate. I see your argument, there is good value at rb in 2nd round, but they sure aren’t barkley. Unfortately I don’t see Todd Bowles developing the offense to cater around mayfield’s strengths. Barkley on the other hand would be a 2k all purpose yard guy for jets for many years if we give him some blockers. 

He was not even that productive in college the last year ... I mean I know he’s a great prospect but at #5 or #6 ...no way for the Jets. You go get your QB. Mayfield really doesn’t have as many questions as people are trying to pin him with. He looks more and more natural from under center by the snap. He isn’t going to have a problem...

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

+1

The charts are often used, but they're more often used as a starting point. If there are no other offers and the team wants to move down, the team takes less; opposite if there's competition for the pick, especially when you're talking about theoretical FQBs in the top 2 draft slots.

Ask Bill Parcells about value of the overall #1 pick.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yes.  The value chart say roughly it would take our high 2nd and our 4th.  You really think if a QB is sitting there, they won't be able to extract that extra 2nd?

Our #6 alone is far more valuable than any other team’s pick. They all pick mid round to late 1st. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Ask Bill Parcells about value of the overall #1 pick.

FFS he's the last one you'd ask. 

I'll give you my #1 overall pick. You give me...whatever you think is fair, so long as I get more than 1 pick in return. Because this Jets team isn't 1 player away.

How many people have been repeatedly swindled like that in the history of the draft? 

18 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You will be fine if you jump. The pile of other Jet fans who already jumped will save you from certain death.

Archived