Kyle Lauletta

SenorGato

https://twitter.com/MattWaldman/status/956563090186924033?s=17

http://amp.profootballweekly.com/2018/01/24/nfl-draft-hey-new-england-patriots-weve-found-tom-bradys-successor-here-at-the-senior-bowl/ag96z6l/?__twitter_impression=true

"I’d say if you look at quarterbacks who have been successful over the long haul, accuracy is the most important attribute," Lauletta said, "and I think I’ve shown that my accuracy is elite. Anytime you can put the ball where you want it to be, I think you have a chance at the next level. First and foremost, I do think that is my best attribute, quarterback skill-wise."

https://twitter.com/MattWaldman/status/956563090186924033?s=17
http://amp.profootballweekly.com/2018/01/24/nfl-draft-hey-new-england-patriots-weve-found-tom-bradys-successor-here-at-the-senior-bowl/ag96z6l/?__twitter_impression=true

"I’d say if you look at quarterbacks who have been successful over the long haul, accuracy is the most important attribute," Lauletta said, "and I think I’ve shown that my accuracy is elite. Anytime you can put the ball where you want it to be, I think you have a chance at the next level. First and foremost, I do think that is my best attribute, quarterback skill-wise."

As a back up?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/12/08/rsp-boiler-room-no-120-qb-kyle-lauletta-richmond-quiet-feet/

Lauletta has a skilled play-action game, works well from center and spread sets, and often works through progressions. The most impressive thing I saw from Lauletta was quiet feet. It’s a skill Tony Romo touched upon last month during a Rams’ broadcast as he was praising Jared Goff’s game.

I was grateful to hear Romo share his thoughts about Goff’s pocket presence because many draft analysts missed this strength of Goff’s game or misdiagnosed it as lacking. Romo’s term for articulating a highly specific aspect of Goff’s pocket maneuvering as “quiet feet” is something I wasn’t familiar with, but I’ve seen it an noted it in other ways throughout the years.

Having a term for it is helpful and it’s a trait worth isolating as a teaching point for readers who wish to learn about quarterback play. Lauletta’s display of quiet feet on this third-down play is an important trait for quarterback evaluation. The technique is often the thread that links a player’s skill with progression reads, his efficiency of movement, lower-body throwing mechanics, and overall pocket awareness.

If you’re obsessed with the passers that “big draft” is obsessed with, you may not be interested in Lauletta’s prospects at this time. However, if you want knowledge that will help you discern which of these big-time prospects have the goods or are simply good college players with a lot of buzz, your grasp of pocket management is important.

I knew nothing about Lauletta before the Senior Bowl week, after watching the week can someone explain to me what Baker Mayfield does better then Lauletta?  And if we are snap judging Mayfield as a must go get at #3 based on the senior bowl I assume those same people must think Lauletta is going 1st overall, I mean if the whole process is gonna be judged solely on the Senior Bowl that is.

I knew nothing about Lauletta before the Senior Bowl week, after watching the week can someone explain to me what Baker Mayfield does better then Lauletta?  And if we are snap judging Mayfield as a must go get at #3 based on the senior bowl I assume those same people must think Lauletta is going 1st overall, I mean if the whole process is gonna be judged solely on the Senior Bowl that is.

I just watched more tape on the Senior bowl and even though it’s a dumbed down offense he (LAuletta)looked really good and has a great arm very accurate

1 hour ago, jetsfansince7 said:

I was fixated on Mike Whites footwork. He just moved so well in the pocket. Seems like a rhythm passer but he looked good. Both he and LAuletta worth a 4th round selection. Both need to get in the weight room.

Lauletta won’t get out of the 2nd round IF he continues to do everything right the rest of the process.

I have a soft spot for the richmond spiders, and so when I read about the praise for Lauletta's accuracy this past summer I made a point keeping track of him -- but that was better than expected. I'd only seen game highlights for the most part. 

12 hours ago, jetsfansince7 said:

I was fixated on Mike Whites footwork. He just moved so well in the pocket. Seems like a rhythm passer but he looked good. Both he and LAuletta worth a 4th round selection. Both need to get in the weight room.

I don't think either make it to Saturday. Others disagree but I also thought White moved around well within the pocket. nothing flashy. just efficient

On 1/29/2018 at 9:26 AM, HessStation said:

Garappolo had the quickest release I've ever seen so I don't know about the comparison but I'm not gonna be mad if they took this kid in the second round.

That release was on full display this year. I caught some quarters of 49ers football this year and man... that ball pops out instantly/effortlessly when he decides to throw... Begs the questions - If everyone loved Jimmy that year in the draft, why did we (the collective NFL we) let him sit out there for NE? 

...Lauletta is going to be NE's next 3rd round QB they stash on their roster, while the rest of the league goes "fck... how did that happen"

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

That release was on full display this year. I caught some quarters of 49ers football this year and man... that ball pops out instantly/effortlessly when he decides to throw... Begs the questions - If everyone loved Jimmy that year in the draft, why did we (the collective NFL we) let him sit out there for NE? 

...Lauletta is going to be NE's next 3rd round QB they stash on their roster, while the rest of the league goes "fck... how did that happen"

IF the 49ers don’t slap the Exclusive Franchise tag on him I don’t give a **** I’m making an offer, give the 49ers something to think about, take 2 1st rounders and Cousins, or match contract, and if it’s transition tag offer Cousins type money so they can possibly explore Cousins, or Garrappollo, because I’d much rather Jimmy G, and it’s not even close.

9 hours ago, SenorGato said:

I don’t know what my favorite JNMath conclusion ofthe offseason will be yet. Its between Jimmy G being amazing off of 5 starts including multiple teams resting starters or the secretly greatness of the 2017 Broncos.

I think the JNMath conclusion you should roll with is the Jets-Kirk winningness that will auto-populate in the AFCE standings in 2018. 

I just watched some highlights.  The kid looks terrific.  He looks like he's got great footwork, a strong arm, can throw on the run, and has great accuracy (and pulls off the play action fake well).  Of course, I realize a highlight reel is just that.  It's not going to show you the warts.  But this is an intriguing prospect for sure.  What are the knocks on him?

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I just watched some highlights.  The kid looks terrific.  He looks like he's got great footwork, a strong arm, can throw on the run, and has great accuracy (and pulls off the play action fake well).  Of course, I realize a highlight reel is just that.  It's not going to show you the warts.  But this is an intriguing prospect for sure.  What are the knocks on him?

Nobody has a clue who he really is, and has zero tape on him vs anyone worth a damn to even form a real educated opinion, he could be awesome vs sh*t, but once the game speeds up he could be the LI dude the 49ers drafted with Mariucchi, or he could be Tony Romo, very risky, and just unknown, will take a real difficult process to figure out in such a short time. I like what I see for sure.

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Nobody has a clue who he really is, and has zero tape on him vs anyone worth a damn to even form a real educated opinion, he could be awesome vs sh*t, but once the game speeds up he could be the LI dude the 49ers drafted with Mariucchi, or he could be Tony Romo, very risky, and just unknown, will take a real difficult process to figure out in such a short time. I like what I see for sure.

Interesting.  This is definitely an intriguing prospect though.  He looks like he's got all the tools.  I guess reading defenses is the hard part to gauge (and it's pretty critical).

23 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

so bellichicken wants this guy because he plays lacrosse?  all kidding aside i think this is good reasoning.  lacrosse players have to be on the move and keep their heads about them.  nfl players train for that one burst followed by a minute of rest. totally different conditioning scheme.  this is similar to some of the wr's and te's who have also been really good basketball players.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is exactly the type of guy we should be looking to draft later in the draft if we sign Cousins or even if we draft a QB in round 1. 

Fully agreed.  I'd want the Jets to take him in round #2 even if we take a QB (Mayfield?) in round #1.  

Archived