An Extensive Look Into Senior Bowl Week:: Baker Mayfield

Patriot Killa

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

If Mayfield/Rosen are there when we pick some how, some way and he passes ..i’ll be calling for his head and I actually like Macc. 

My hopes for him is either trade up or get lucky. I say no risks can be taken ..TRADE UP. 

Let me ask you a question.  Would you give up #6, the Jets 2nd, and Leo for the #1?  I would

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I think you're right about the Fins, I wouldn't be suprised to see them make a move for a QB. They are the kind of team that would love to jump in front of us. Hearing a lot of rumors down here about the Fins and Baker, and not just because he said he wanted to play for the Fins. 

I could imagine so. Dan Marino is gushing about him as much as John Elway is. DAMN. i’m going to be so on edge come Draft day...grabbing that #3 pick before anyone else would really put my mind at ease.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Let me ask you a question.  Would you give up #6, the Jets 2nd, and Leo for the #1?  I would

I would too. considering QB is the most important position in the entire game? Oh yeah. Leo is great and he’s going to continue on being great ... but who will impact the game more? Answer is obviously QB. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I’m really starting to lean toward the Jets taking him.  His ego is through the roof and he is either going to be a baller or an epic train wreck like few have rarely been and I’m starting to think I want to be front row for it. 

I'm tending to agree. He has the potential to be a superstar in NY. The type of guy who thrives on the media spotlight rather than resenting or reeling from it. Has the potential to bust, too, for sure. He doesn't seem like a Mac or Bowles pick, but the ownership has to love the idea of Mayfield as the face of this franchise. 

57 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I could imagine so. Dan Marino is gushing about him as much as John Elway is. DAMN. i’m going to be so on edge come Draft day...grabbing that #3 pick before anyone else would really put my mind at ease.

Agreed the Dolphins are a sleeper to swoop in and Fu*k everything up, especially withTrader Mike running the show.

3 hours ago, Grandy said:

Macc is probably just like all other GM's, he loves his raw skills, but I don't see Macc taking him. Macc is supposedly in love with Rosen though, that's his guy.

Rosen is going 1 or 2.  How is Mac going to get him?  He surely does not have the balls to trade the boatload of picks he would need which would likely include the 2019 1st rounder.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I’m really starting to lean toward the Jets taking him.  His ego is through the roof and he is either going to be a baller or an epic train wreck like few have rarely been and I’m starting to think I want to be front row for it. 

me too.  If we can't get Rosen.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He drafted Petty and Hack, bid against himself to give Fitz $20 million and tried to trade picks for Siemian.  If Macc likes any qb that’s a red flag

he gave Fitz $12 million in 2016, not 20.  

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

56% completion percentage facing Cheyenne Community College but look at how fast he throws in practice!

1. I'd rather not draft Allen either, but

2. Not only was the Wyoming competition bad, but so were his weaponz.  Sort of balances out.

3. Notwithstanding the above, Allen is badly inaccurate. Pass 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

In a heartbeat.  But I'd rather give them Lee than Leo. But that amount of trade fodder would be waaaay too short, I'm afraid.  :P

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Agreed the Dolphins are a sleeper to swoop in and Fu*k everything up, especially withTrader Mike running the show.

Yes they are.  Especially since Tannehill sucks and is slated to be paid $18.75 million in 2019, but with only $2.3 million in dead money if they cut him between 2018 and 2019.  I assume that even if they move up and drat a Mayfield or an Allen ahead of us, that they would keep Tannehill in 2018 at $17.5 million.  But it would only be $4.6 million in dead money if they cut him this year.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

EI love Baker, but would still side with Darnold/Rosen first... but any of those 3 is aces and overdue... 

I'm hoping the Jets fall in love with 1 of them and does everything to land said QB. 

+1. And for some stupid reason I highly believe they will come away with one of the 3 or Cousins. 

Every scenerio should play out to the Jets getting a QB of one of those 4. 

That’s unless....they want Allen. Which I can’t see at all. But I’m feeling way too confident about this happening and it’s a scary feeling. 

I LOVE Mayfield and would be beyond thrilled with him as our QB, but the hype train is in full force now only because the Juniors weren't in Mobile.  As much as I like Mayfield, I think you have to take Darnold if given the choice between the 2, so I dont see Mayfield going to the Browns as was reported last night and he is also not a player I see the Giants wanting in their organization.  

The scenario that scares me the most is Rosen falling and Mac "having to pull the trigger".  Rosen's injury history is a huge problem, and he is not the type of personality to fit with what we are building.

Give me Cousins, Mayfield or Darnold - and keep Allen and Rosen as far away from this organization as possible. 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If he wants to trade the farm for Rosen I would be ok with it. If he does what it takes to get Mayfield I'm good with it. If Macc gets hypnotized by another big prototypical inaccurate QB then he just wrote his own ticket out of town. If for no other reason its proof he is a stubborn idiot and doesn't learn from his mistakes. Allen is way to similar to Hacc for Macc not to see it. If he doesn't then its just proof he is not looking.

I hear you but, on the other hand, we know that every one of these guys has bust potential.  If Hack busts (and it seems that way so far), it doesn't necessarily mean Allen will bust too.  It could just be recency bias.  For example, let's say some other team drafted Hack and he turned out to be good.  Wouldn't you then think "this guy has a chance to be the next Hack"? 

Disclaimer though: I'm never very good with predicting which QBs will be good.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hear you but, on the other hand, we know that every one of these guys has bust potential.  If Hack busts (and it seems that way so far), it doesn't necessarily mean Allen will bust too.  It could just be recency bias.  For example, let's say some other team drafted Hack and he turned out to be good.  Wouldn't you then think "this guy has a chance to be the next Hack"? 

Disclaimer though: I'm never very good with predicting which QBs will be good.

To simplify I would simply like Macc to find a QB who doesn't have accuracy issues.  Dont care if he is tall. Dont care if he can throw the ball the speed of light. I dont even care if he "looks" the part. I just want to draft an accurate QB. 

56 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yes they are.  Especially since Tannehill sucks and is slated to be paid $18.75 million in 2019, but with only $2.3 million in dead money if they cut him between 2018 and 2019.  I assume that even if they move up and drat a Mayfield or an Allen ahead of us, that they would keep Tannehill in 2018 at $17.5 million.  But it would only be $4.6 million in dead money if they cut him this year.

Tannenhill has done something no Jets QB has done since Namath: throw for over 4,000 yards. I think the Dolphins are trying to drum up the trade market. Could be wrong but that's my hunch.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

2. Not only was the Wyoming competition bad, but so were his weaponz.  Sort of balances out.

If I can complete 60% of my passes in my annual Turkey Bowl game than Josh Allen should be able to do it while playing against football's version of the University of Phoenix every week.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Cutler had crap weapons at Vanderbilt and was facing SEC defenses every week yet he had a higher completion rate than Allen

3 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

We're a nation of snowflakes.

Not even that. People try to dress players up the same. They all have to be quite robots that can throw the ball efficiently .. they get one guy who is a little rowdy but not harming to anymore and they flip out because he isn’t in line with how they envision a star QB. They did it with Broadway Joe. 

Archived