An Extensive Look Into Senior Bowl Week:: Baker Mayfield

Patriot Killa

15 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The bold is exactly what I was saying, he hadn't passed judgment on Hack and he didn't believe Watson or Mahomes were franchise QBs (something I believe many in the NFL thought) I honestly think if he had decided on Hack or he felt either of those 2 QBs were franchise guys he would have pulled the trigger at 6.

i don't think hack had anything to do with it.  i just don't think there was enough love for watson or mahomes.  i also think that for better or worse, our gm had his eye on this draft thinking if they sucked they'll be able to get a better qb this draft.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Augustiniak said:

i don't think hack had anything to do with it.  i just don't think there was enough love for watson or mahomes.  i also think that for better or worse, our gm had his eye on this draft thinking if they sucked they'll be able to get a better qb this draft.

I think that was an added bonus that came along with testing out Hack/not loving Watson or Mahomes but I don't think it was the deciding factor. I'd through the Kirk situation into the mix as well, I think all of that made it easier to pass on QBs you didn't believe in.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

The bold is exactly what I was saying, he hadn't passed judgment on Hack and he didn't believe Watson or Mahomes were franchise QBs (something I believe many in the NFL thought) I honestly think if he had decided on Hack or he felt either of those 2 QBs were franchise guys he would have pulled the trigger at 6.

Dude...he drafted Hack in the 2nd round.  He absolutely judged Hack as his future NFL starter.  He didnt just draft him to draft him because he's a good looking kid.  He saw a franchise caliber QB.  Something he didnt see in Watson and Mahomes.  This is extremely concerning and 100% the reason I'd rather him sign Cousins that draft another QB. 

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Dude...he drafted Hack in the 2nd round.  He absolutely judged Hack as his future NFL starter.  He didnt just draft him to draft him because he's a good looking kid.  He saw a franchise caliber QB.  Something he didnt see in Watson and Mahomes.  This is extremely concerning and 100% the reason I'd rather him sign Cousins that draft another QB. 

Exactly why I’m praying we sign Cousins

10 hours ago, JiF said:

Yea, I agree, which is why I think he had an incomplete on Hack's scorecard and didn't want to draft another questionable QB without seeing his first QB through. Maybe I'm totally wrong but after seeing how we approached preseason it leads me to believe they wanted to see Hack play, they force fed him snaps. The kid is a bust but I don't think they knew that before this season.

I'm good with either route we take, I think Cousins makes the most sense given our cap space.

Archived