Senior Bowl

SenorGato

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

man, that Ballage 'back from Arz state is really growing on me. Huge... this may become the next paradis passion player

His running style is too high to last long in the NFL.  On the other hand he has very good hands, runs excellent routes and is great in space.  If I was a team I'd like to convert him to a WR; he'd be a beast in the slot and outside.

Just now, legler82 said:

His running style is too high to last long in the NFL.  On the other hand he has very good hands, runs excellent routes and is great in space.  If I was a team I'd like to convert him to a WR; he'd be a beast in the slot and outside.

word for word the same thing i read about David Johnson over and over again.. "not a 3 down back. runs too high. Should convert to WR"...

Don't agree. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Ballage -> Latavius Murray?

on the surface, that's not totally off but i haven't really sat down to dig into Ballage. I watched a fair amount of ARZ ST this year because I looooove WR N'Keal Harry (top 10 next year?) and i caught flashes of Ballage. But that's about all until now. 

3 minutes ago, legler82 said:

You're not.  He's one of those rare QB prospects that can fit it almost any offense.

White!  I like him. I know he’s not overly athletic but I don’t understand why everyone has him as a mid-late Day 3 pick. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

word for word the same thing i read about David Johnson over and over again.. "not a 3 down back. runs too high. Should convert to WR"...

Don't agree. 

I never said he was not a 3 down back.  He very much is one but I question how long he would last as one.  He is taller than Johnson and runs even more upright.  To each his own but I personally would convert him to get a longer football life out of him.  I could still use him in the backfield part time.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

on the surface, that's not totally off but i haven't really sat down to dig into Ballage. I watched a fair amount of ARZ ST this year because I looooove WR N'Keal Harry (top 10 next year?) and i caught flashes of Ballage. But that's about all until now. 

Ballage scored 8 TDs against Texas Tech I think mostly running the Wildcat.

1 minute ago, legler82 said:

I never said he was not a 3 down back.  He very much is one but I question how long he would last as one.  He is taller than Johnson and runs even more upright.  To each his own but I personally would convert him to get a longer football life out of him.  I could still use him in the backfield part time.

Penny is notorious for running upright and he is nowhere near as durable as Ballage who looks like he’d be a good power back that can carry a load. We need a guy like this. 

Just now, BigO said:

Penny is notorious for running upright and he is nowhere near as durable as Ballage who looks like he’d be a good power back that can carry a load. We need a guy like this. 

Ballage never carried the kind of load Penny did this past year so it's hard to compare durability.  Plus Ballage is almost 6'3" compared to the 5'11" Penny.  That's a larger surface area to attack.

Archived