Senior Bowl

SenorGato

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Cmon Allen... need some anticipation there. Throw the man open. 

You can't be serious.  That was pretty good ball placement considering there was inside pressure in his face.  The ball hit the WRs hands not to mention I think that was defensive holding by the DB.  I know you are a Mayfield guy but let's be fair.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Ballage never carried the kind of load Penny did this past year so it's hard to compare durability.  Plus Ballage is almost 6'3" compared to the 5'11" Penny.  That's a larger surface area to attack.

These DL guys are bigger nowadays. A 6’3 power back sounds good to me. Would love to get 3 backs in the mold of Fournete, Kamara and a scat 3rd down back like Sproles. The Dolphins had one of the greatest 3 headed monster backfields in Csonka, Kick and Morris. 

636915EB-39DE-4C6C-84C8-1D553D8405F9.jpeg

6 minutes ago, legler82 said:

You can't be serious.  That was pretty good ball placement considering there was inside pressure in his face.  The ball hit the WRs hands not to mention I think that was defensive holding by the DB.  I know you are a Mayfield guy but let's be fair.

that was 2 plays later btw, pal. 

I'm a rosen guy first. darnold second... then we're into Mayfield.

22 minutes ago, BigO said:

These DL guys are bigger nowadays. A 6’3 power back sounds good to me. Would love to get 3 backs in the mold of Fournete, Kamara and a scat 3rd down back like Sproles. The Dolphins had one of the greatest 3 headed monster backfields in Csonka, Kick and Morris. 

636915EB-39DE-4C6C-84C8-1D553D8405F9.jpeg

6'3" has to be able to get you at least a yard on 4th and 2.  Pad level not low enough for short yardage.

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

There were some good reports on the Nebraska QB this week, let's see if he does anything 

Lee reminds me of CJ Beathard from last year. I watched both play a ton and was not impressed but coaches fell in love with them at the senior bowl. That usually translates to career backup in my opinion. If you don't impress in college, I'm not going to fall in love with you based on a senior bowl performance.

Two players that have started the "rise" process are Mike White (QB) and
Marcus Davenport (OLB).  It won't surprise me if Davenport ends up in the
top 6 after the pre-draft process.  And Mike White is going to send the
scouts back to review his tape because he's had an outstanding week.  He's
doing everything Josh Allen should be doing.  Will he be in the first 2 rounds?

Truer words never been spoken:

Nobody’s shocked South QBs are performing & North QBs look Lost. The South guys are being coached by Bill O’Brien- a highly competent play caller and head coach. The North guys are stuck with Vance Joseph- an incompetent head coach & probably not even a qualified D Coordinator.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bah i missed most of the 1st half.  The bit that I just watched was ugly.  Olineman getting whipped on every play.

Yup.  Me too.  Wife and daughter leave the house.  Nice and quiet, all set to watch the game, lay down on the couch, and my Saturday afternoon nap reflex kicked in.  Next thing I know there are two minutes left in the half and I missed both Baker and Allen.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Truer words never been spoken:

Nobody’s shocked South QBs are performing & North QBs look Lost. The South guys are being coached by Bill O’Brien- a highly competent play caller and head coach. The North guys are stuck with Vance Joseph- an incompetent head coach & probably not even a qualified D Coordinator.

Yeah Bill O'Brien has been so good with any QB not named Deshaun watson.  Most overrated coach in the league these days and it isn;t even close.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Me too.  Wife and daughter leave the house.  Nice and quiet, all set to watch the game, lay down on the couch, and my Saturday afternoon nap reflex kicked in.  Next thing I know there are two minutes left in the half and I missed both Baker and Allen.

Hah!  I was also napping but didn't want to admit it.   :P

First half hot takes:

- Penny looked good running the ball. Still what holds him back is the passing game.

- Darren Williams is solid and well rounded. I’d live him as the #3 back in a completely rebuilt RB group

- Davenport’s the best athlete on this field

- Fred Ward and Darrius Leonard are holding up as non-rush LBs pre-combine

- Ballage Is better than I thought

- Brian O’Neill was not as good as I hoped

- Alex Cappa at LG 

- LSU WR was all over

- Outside of Mayfield, meh on the QBs if that much 

Archived