Senior Bowl

SenorGato

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Nicely done Lauletta and LSU WR who keeps getting open 

Looking at Lauletta wouldn’t be surprised if he had the highest spin rate among today’s QBs (outside of Mayfield who is tight consistently). That lends to things like accuracy and touch. 

I know nothing about this guy but he throws a really nice ball.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Lumping him next to Hackenberg probably isn't fair to Allen... but when you've been endured the Hack-attack and his accuracy issues, one can't be surprised if the fanbase is not feeling it when another QB who's had well-documented problems with consistency/accuracy.

100pct. But the vast majority of 2nd round QBs don't pan out. Hack just sucked worse than most, but in the end, you're either a franchise QB or not. It's like some people wished Hack was bad, instead of pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

What?  What else did you want White to do? 

He played well too. Couple of those throws were pretty telegraphed and easy - didn't blow me away. I wasn't even interested in White prior to, but i'm curious now - so yea good for him. 

interesting you should bring that up... i wasn't sure if it was the complete opposite. He was dismissing the Mayfied stuff and talking Allen.... I wonder where Elway sits after getting snake bitten by Paxton -- feels his priority would be 1a Kirk Cousins, 1b Mayfield

I just dont believe that Elway’s boy who would also have insider knowledge from Elway would give that information to a live TV audience. Elway asked him to push the Allen to Denver narrative and TD did exactly that. I think it means Mayfield all the way for Denver.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So far I am not a fan of the backs, even though they have been getting yards.  I see no one cutting in.  All are trying to outrun people to the outside.  That sh*t don;t wash in the NFL.

Now that you say it I agree. For sure neither is one of the first ten backs I’d draft in this deep class. I hoped for more out of Penny in the passing game. Ballage is better than I expected maybe but overall that doesn’t mean so much. 

I am 100% beyond fed up with sideline reports and the endless drivel of interviews.  Who decides this is a good idea?  It annoys the living hell out of me.  Not just this game but in ALL sporing events.
NEVER do interviews during the play!!!!!

Hahaha, exactly, especially even the fcken Reeces Pieces mascot, WTF!?!?

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt)

1/27/18, 5:06 PM

A lot of people were telling me about Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta going into this week. I now see why. All-time school leader in pass yards despite playing for 4 different OCs.

He looks like a WCO QB.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

First half hot takes:

- Penny looked good running the ball. Still what holds him back is the passing game.

- Darren Williams is solid and well rounded. I’d live him as the #3 back in a completely rebuilt RB group

- Davenport’s the best athlete on this field

- Fred Ward and Darrius Leonard are holding up as non-rush LBs pre-combine

- Ballage Is better than I thought

- Brian O’Neill is not as good as I hoped

- Alex Cappa at LG 

- LSU WR was all over

- Outside of Mayfield, meh on the QBs if that much 

If you mean Darrel Williams from LSU , I agree with you. He basically remade his body going into this season . He was more of a big body short yardage back prior but came into practices this year extremely slimmed down.  He pretty much outplayed Derrius Guice this season and was named co mvp of the LSU team. To be fair though Guice was injured early on and didn't get his game going until mid season . But Williams was much a more complete dynamic back this season. 

I'd rather watch them interview the Reece's pieces mascot than Vance Joseph.

Amazingly, Joseph is the guy that was an unknown rookie free agent back in the day and Kotite threw him into a Mon Nite game to cover Tim Brown, we were ridiculed all game as Brown burned him all night. Ahhh, those wonderful Jet memories warm the heart

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

If you mean Darrel Williams from LSU , I agree with you. He basically remade his body going into this season . He was more of a big body short yardage back prior but came into practices this year extremely slimmed down.  He pretty much outplayed Derrius Guice this season and was named co mvp of the LSU team. To be fair though Guice was injured early on and didn't get his game going until mid season . But Williams was much a more complete dynamic back this season. 

Yeah, Darrell

I like his patience and multiple skills - useful in the passing game. 

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So far I am not a fan of the backs, even though they have been getting yards.  I see no one cutting in.  All are trying to outrun people to the outside.  That sh*t don;t wash in the NFL.

that looks like they are protecting themselves so they dont get hurt in this otherwise meaningless game

6 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Amazingly, Joseph is the guy that was an unknown rookie free agent back in the day and Kotite threw him into a Mon Nite game to cover Tim Brown, we were ridiculed all game as Brown burned him all night. Ahhh, those wonderful Jet memories warm the heart

Completely forgot about that nightmare.

Archived