Josh Allen Did Very Well

Grandy

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Didn’t you earn it last night when you found the website and saw the green glow of QBR? Plus an ESPN one too! Their QBR is different (not green?) you mentioned! 

You posted the fo link that was including the metric. I found ESPN and what was weird was the ratings were different between the two. And yes, no green on ESPNs page lol

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Did not know this but yeah - this is a pretty big deal. Jets should sign one of Hunter or Barr, those guys are good. 

Rationally speaking from a business perspective:

Minny with 56M this year and 62M next year will struggle to pay Cousins while keeping their core players. Please see above.

Denver with 28M this year. 31M next year. They would similarly implode. Frankly theyre not even close without cutting their best players.

Both Minny and Denver could get it done with Cousins but it would not be wise, beyond a year or 2, they'd be in trouble and it would be idiotic.

The Redskins - its been said that Kirk hates them. Feels disrespected, etc. There's a clear lack of faith in him. From the Skins' angle, the'yre already in hell regarding FA contracts coming due: theyve got 53M in space in 2018. Ryan Grant is a FA, Pryor is a FA. So is CB Bashaud Breeland, CB DeAngelo Hall, LB Zach Brown. In 2019, they have 67M and their FA include DL Ziggy Hood, LB Preston Smith, G Kouandijo, LB Spaight

Rationally speaking, Jets and Browns are probably the only teams that could absorb the hits over 4-5 years and continue to get better rather than self-destruct. That doesn't mean that the Jets/Browns are the only teams that could sign him, but they're the only ones that make sense.

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You posted the fo link that was including the metric. I found ESPN and what was weird was the ratings were different between the two. 

In that time timid curiosity with intent to troll became expert PhD casualol.

Green is a nice color THO, that green they use on FO is the bright one too. That makes it easy to read all about it and understand the highest importance given to it. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

In that time timid curiosity with intent to troll became expert PhD casualol.

Green is a nice color THO, that green they use on FO is the bright one too. That makes it easy to read all about it and understand the highest importance given to it. 

It's very bright!

On 1/27/2018 at 7:17 PM, Jetster said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Josh Allen will get picked B4 the Jets & turn into a franchise QB, running around, making plays like Carson Wentz, and every single f*cking know it all on this site that have been disparaging him will be here claiming Macc Bowles were f*cking fools for passing him up, and how could they make such a grevious mistake taking "Another pass knocked down" Mayfield. You just know it's gonna happen, go J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Fools for passing on Mahomes II last year!!!! 

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well this topic has suddenly taken a turn

Bart Scott and some announcer ex-NFL player(couldn't figure out who) were on the fan today lambasting about how great Allen is and that if you were smart, you'd know he's way better than Rosen. Scott went as far to say Jets should trade up with colts...if Allen were still there. And the other guy said Giants should take him at 2 if he(Allen) were still there. 

9 hours ago, SenorGato said:

CasuaLol I forget the sore losing thing. Get a chance to catch up on why he’s not taking a backloaded offer? 

We know senorita is in serious heat over cousins. It’s cute I guess ??. It’s time to put $$ on it.. Or not $$.. If Cousins doesn’t sign with jets, senorita is hit by 12 men with 8 bars of soap in their sock ? And senorita gets to choose his designated crow eating for us who thinks he he is little craz biach lol

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

Bart Scott and some announcer ex-NFL player(couldn't figure out who) were on the fan today lambasting about how great Allen is and that if you were smart, you'd know he's way better than Rosen. Scott went as far to say Jets should trade up with colts...if Allen were still there. And the other guy said Giants should take him at 2 if he(Allen) were still there. 

If we don’t get Cousins we actually should trade up to 3

• 4 weeks later...

I was reading through some of these posts and could not help buy join the site.

This is just one man's opinion on Josh Allen.

Here is a break down on Christian Hackenberg before he was drafted. They are very similar. We should stay away.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Prototypical size for pocket quarterback. Durable and tough. Willing to hang in and take the hit if he thinks a completion is pending. Took a pounding and never missed a start. Experienced in pro-style attack and played well in Bill O'Brien's scheme as a freshman. Able and willing to work through progressions when protected. Balls comes out of his hand with pro velocity. Can drive hips through his release for extra mustard. Can make all the throws, and has the arm talent to take shots to areas of the field that most quarterbacks can't. Underrated in touch throw department. Can float the ball over top of defenders and deliver it on a pillow. Decent athlete able to climb pocket while keeping his eyes downfield. Recognizes and points out late blitz movement pre-snap. Recognizes danger and able to avoid most baiting attempts. Dropped interception total from 15 in 2014 to just six in 2015. Twice voted team captain and has displayed leadership qualities from time he stepped on campus.

WEAKNESSES

Debilitating accuracy issues with atrocious 51.5 percent adjusted completion total (throws beyond line of scrimmage). Turns receivers into goalies. Even simple throws can be coin-flippers in accuracy department. Release point can vary greatly and he is still looking for repeatable footwork, mechanics and release. Will throw a spiral followed by wobbler. Ball patting and wind-up slows release and can obstruct timing. Extra air under deep balls combined with marginal timing allows safeties time to race into the play. Busted internal clock. Allows pressure to overtake him rather than getting catchable throw out a shade early. Sacked 82 times over last two years. Iffy accuracy and ball placement falls off map when defenses send pressure. Completed just 44.2 percent against five rushers and 41.9 percent against six. Pocket feel a work in progress. Will climb pocket into trouble unnecessarily."

Josh Allen and Hack is a disgraceful lazy comparison. One was more of a Duel threat while the other is a statue pocket passer who was hopeless if his WRs we're not open. Allen has the athleticism to improvise if nothing is there for him. Hack on the other hand has to throw it away or take the sack. Yes the are both inaccurate but so we're Favre and Dan Marino. That doesn't mean any of them are similar prospects because of their percentages. It's just lazy comparison. 

Just a heads up, Marino (who I hated as a rival) was a 59.4 career completion percentage and Favre was at 62% for their NFL careers.

If you look throughout the history of the NFL, more often than not, if the QB is below 60% completion rate, he is a bad QB.

It is rare for a college QB to come into the league and improve upon his completion percentage. 

Anyway, was my comparison a little lazy? maybe. But my point was made. They are both big QB's with strong arms that can make any throw in the game, but only a little over half the time. We need an accurate passer period. We need a guy that is a leader. We need a guy that is a gym and film rat. We need a guy that wins games. We need a guy that has played at least 3 years of college ball and has won regularly.

Bill Parcells has a hand full of rules he preaches about selecting a young QB out of the draft. One of his rules is to make sure he had an over 60% completion rate during his entire college career. 

This is a quote on whether that rule holds up from the year 2000 to the present. The quote is from John B. of GangGreenNation.

"

The rule holds up. The greatest quarterbacks since 2000 who never threw for 60 percent in any of their college seasons: Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor, Shaun Hill, Derek Anderson, Brian Hoyer, and Kyle Boller. This rule doesn’t suggest to you that anyone who completes 61 percent of his passes in a season will be a star, but it does help you eliminate a wide swath of rough so you can keep sifting for diamonds.

From 2000 to 2017, the best quarterbacks to complete their college career with a completion percentage of less than 58 were Ken Dorsey, J.P. Losman, Jay Cutler, Kyle Boller, Matthew Stafford, Patrick Ramsey, and Tyrod Taylor. Most of these quarterbacks improved their completion percentage year-over-year and finished with a season near or above the magical 60 percent threshold.

Allen only started two seasons before entering the NFL Draft, and he saw his percentage tick from 56.0 to 56.3 in that time. For comparison’s sake, Lamar Jackson, another controversial prospect in this draft, also has a career completion percentage below 58 percent. But in three seasons, he’s improved from 54.7 to 56.2 to 60.4.

Some may suggest that Allen’s numbers are depressed in 2017 because of a weakened supporting cast (most of his top targets graduated after 2016). It’s true that he’s playing with several freshmen, but in terms of drop rate, Allen’s receivers only dropped 4.8 percent of his passes this season."

Anyway, I hope that was a little more insightful.

I'm aware of that article along with a bunch of others that construct stats to suit their argument. There's other articles that are the opposite. But I rather go off my opinion on the film watching his game play (the tape). 

As for Marino and Farve, they threw piss poor completion wise in college as well. If you were an Analytics guy they would for sure be off your draft board. 

On 1/31/2018 at 12:34 AM, HessStation said:

Maybe they’re right

On 3/2/2018 at 9:47 AM, Dunnie said:

If we take Baker Mayfield over Darnold or Rosen ... I will literally run my car into a brick wall.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That would make O’Brien over Marino look smart in comparison 

Archived