Josh Allen Did Very Well

Grandy

1 hour ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

Darnold and Rosen are getting lost in all the hype for Mayfield and Allen. In any case we should land one of the big 4. 

Some really nice 2nd-3rd round RB's available too. Thanks to Sheldumb we can reload baby!

Rumors are Sony Michel will go late in the first round. Who’s the next best option?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, SenorGato said:

There is also this angle I expect:

Oh so you Allen Haters point to stats when it supports your argument, but when he puts up good stats you do not care? 

Then repeat the whole expert/know it all thing while also repeating how we know for sure about Allen’s super high ceiling upside development potential because of his size.

All Star Games are a joke.  Yes, you see the guy, but he is throwing to strangers in a week old offensive system.  I watched a little. He has a howitzer.  He is huge and athletic.  That is what I found out. I liked the guy.

7 hours ago, Pac said:

The stats don't mean a ton in a game where blitzing is prohibited, defensive schemes are kept elementary, and the players on the field barely know each other. However, Allen put his talent on display for everyone who wanted to see it in Mobile, Ala., strengthening his supporters' claims that he'll be the first name called when the NFL draft commences in three months.

The announcers were all over him in the 1st half for running up field and not throwing the wr’s open. They constantly chastised him saying you can’t be doing this in the NFL. It’s abundantly clear this guy is a long term PROJECT who may develop over the coming years.  But it won’t happen overnight.  He is as raw as they come. We can’t afford to wait for Allen to turn into Carson Wentz.  

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If Guice is there at 37 then I want him but I'm worried he may go round 1

I’d also like to have Guice. Similar player to his predecessor, Fournette. Sony Michel is my main preference though. I have a gut feeling we wind up with someone like Penny or Wadley though ..which wouldn’t be bad either. I would like a 3 down work horse either way though.

Just now, Fantasy Island said:

Sad but true.  Our CS doesn't know squat about offense............or defense for that matter.

Macc-Bowles has shown they strongly prioritize Defense.

They have shown they strongly believe in BAP regardless of position or need,....especially for defending defensive picks.

We're horrible at #1 CB.  

A CB legitimately is going to (potentially) be sitting at #6 with a BAP-grade higher than 6.

And the QB's available by #6 will not be graded #6 overall (Mayfield, perhaps, Allen, perhaps, the rest).

Feels like an easy analysis of Bowles and Macc here, they go with the CB.

Small chance if the RB Barkley falls to us, they go there too.

7 hours ago, Pac said:

On 1/23/2018 at 5:13 AM, dbatesman said:

BOLD PREDICTION: Josh Allen is going to go 6/10 on Saturday, and the absolute stupidest people in the world are going to hop on here and say things like “hmm I wonder where are all the geniouses who say he couldnt complete 60% of his passes :rolleyes:

964D9089-69F3-4AFF-AAEA-3AB8ACF2DC1E.gif

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

They have shown they strongly believe in BAP regardless of position or need,....especially for defending defensive picks.

We're horrible at #1 CB.  

A CB legitimately is going to (potentially) be sitting at #6 with a BAP-grade higher than 6.

And the QB's available by #6 will not be graded #6 overall (Mayfield, perhaps, Allen, perhaps, the rest).

I was just going by our history and lack of forethought.  Barkley would be a good pick. The QB spot being addressed in the 4th round strategy is not going to cut it unless they go with an upper tier FA QB signing.  We are in free fall.

Allen finished the contest 9-for-13 for 158 yards and two touchdowns, and was named Most Outstanding Player for the North team.

The stats don't mean a ton in a game where blitzing is prohibited, defensive schemes are kept elementary, and the players on the field barely know each other.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We're horrible at #1 CB.  

I think there is a very real possibility that we land a CB at 6 and I don't think it should be looked at as crazy. Claiborne has been injury prone so it isn't that far fetched. Purely all hypotheticals here but let's say we get Cousins, Jensen, and Gaines in FA plus resigning our own. Then the draft falls:

QB

QB

QB (Broncos move up)

Barkley

Chubb (Colts)

Then who do you pick at 6 if trading back isn't in the cards? My preference would be Nelson in this situation but I could see a argument for Fitzpatrick as well. My biggest argument against Fitzpatrick is that I will have to hear all year how much this regime loves safeties. 

Now if we do something stupid like not landing Cousins and pass on Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Barkley or Chubb then by all means fire away but we shouldn't dismiss CB just because we took safeties high last year.

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

His production was inflated by a weak schedule. I’m not sure on Adams either because the oline was so freaking good. 

I’m speaking purely from an ability standpoint inside of that production. Wha he did during those big gains impressed me. Cuts, vision, lateral movement, ect. Lots of other prospects to like too though.

How about this, can we all be happy that there might actually be 4 QBs worthy of a top 6 pick this year?

My personal preference:

1. Mayfield
  2. Darnold
  3. Rosen
  4. Allen

But it's looking like all 4 are franchise worthy QBs.

I tell you what though......Mayfield is the only one that would make me consider buying season tickets and flying back for 8 plus games a year.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

We're horrible at #1 CB.  

Mean while Minkah Fitzpatrick the Corner-Saftey tweener, gets ran over in the run game, and burnt like toast in coverage. While The New class of 83. Kicks ass and produces 4 franchise QB's.

If this happened Macc and Bowles won't last the season, the whole Idizk billboard thing will look like some one eatting cucumber sandwiches incorrectly in an etiquette class in comparision.

Even those two chumps aren't stupid enough to go into 2018 season without a first round QB or Kirk Cousins.   

12 hours ago, Jetster said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Josh Allen will get picked B4 the Jets & turn into a franchise QB, running around, making plays like Carson Wentz, and every single f*cking know it all on this site that have been disparaging him will be here claiming Macc Bowles were f*cking fools for passing him up, and how could they make such a grevious mistake taking "Another pass knocked down" Mayfield. You just know it's gonna happen, go J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Another pass knocked down is better than an interception :)

4 hours ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

Darnold and Rosen are getting lost in all the hype for Mayfield and Allen. In any case we should land one of the big 4. 

Some really nice 2nd-3rd round RB's available too. Thanks to Sheldumb we can reload baby!

Long way to the draft.  All the scribes have been touting Mayfield and Allen because of the Senior Bowl.  It'll all balance out as the combine approaches.  Though Allen should still rise at the combine.  Guy is a monster for a QB.  

This is all good for the Jets, think they are going to go after Cousins big time.  Much safer route then one of the rookies.

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Long way to the draft.  All the scribes have been touting Mayfield and Allen because of the Senior Bowl.  It'll all balance out as the combine approaches.  Though Allen should still rise at the combine.  Guy is a monster for a QB.  

This is all good for the Jets, think they are going to go after Cousins big time.  Much safer route then one of the rookies.

I've said this before. All signs point to Cousins. Bowles job is on the line. He went from Fitz to McCown, this tiger won't change his stripes. Cousins easily has 7 good years in him, especially if you give him a decent Oline & running game. Every single one of those rookies is a big ?!

Im trying to think of a time in NFL history where a QB of Cousins talent MIGHT become available because his team burn't too many bridges with the player & his agent? This is unprecedented. Bradfords been passed around because of injury. 4 years with over 4000 yards passing. With maybe 105 million to front load a contract, if the NY JETS are NOT showing interest in Cousins after what we've witnessed at QB in our lifetimes, Chris Johnson needs to fire the whole lot of them & start all over again. This is a strange opportunity that isn't even close to signing Neil O'Donnell.

The 1st time Cousins wins a game as a Jet & walks through through the tunnel saying "YOU LIKE THAT!", Cousins Jersys sell out in 24hrs. This is a QB STARVED franchise!

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I've said this before. All signs point to Cousins. Bowles job is on the line. He went from Fitz to McCown, this tiger won't change his stripes. Cousins easily has 7 good years in him, especially if you give him a decent Oline & running game. Every single one of those rookies is a big ?!

Im trying to think of a time in NFL history where a QB of Cousins talent MIGHT become available because his team burn't too many bridges with the player & his agent? This is unprecedented. Bradfords been passed around because of injury. 4 years with over 4000 yards passing. With maybe 105 million to front load a contract, if the NY JETS are NOT showing interest in Cousins after what we've witnessed at QB in our lifetimes, Chris Johnson needs to fire the whole lot of them & start all over again. This is a strange opportunity that isn't even close to signing Neil O'Donnell.

The 1st time Cousins wins a game as a Jet & walks through through the tunnel saying "YOU LIKE THAT!", Cousins Jersys sell out in 24hrs. This is a QB STARVED franchise!

Agree

Not to mention if the Jets sign Cousins, and 4 QB's go in front of the Jets, It is very possible that Barkley falls to 6.  Use some of that $100 M on OL , and the Jets have a scary O.  Macc and Bowles will be extended another 5 years LOL

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

If this happened Macc and Bowles won't last the season, the whole Idizk billboard thing will look like some one eatting cucumber sandwiches incorrectly in an etiquette class in comparision.

I don't find this in any way comforting.  I WANT success, not failure.

I feel you all on Josh Allen. The kid did improve in 4 days at a freaking bowl game. Wait till he gets his combine coach and goes through his pro day. There is a lot more to see, but the kid could have folded after a shi##y first half. But he didn’t. Here is what I am Not saying. I’m confident he won’t be another Hack. Baker Mayfield can’t win for us and I hate his attitude. Just the opposite. But I also will rip the tv off the wall if he turns into the next Matt Ryan , Big Ben or Phillip Rivers.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

14 hours ago, SenorGato said:

O.M.G. this thread is so judgemental. He finally got weaponized and immediately played to his potential ceiling afforded by being large. He proved himself. 

Do you know more than Mayock? Mayock was talking 1st overall. That’s talent and an expert saw it. God you think you are such an expert who can just go around sharing your opinions on an open forum?  

God such a know it all. Allen’s ceiling upside potential is massive, see his measurements for proof Mr. Knows All Sees All.

You're right.

Overthrowing 5 yd routes by 20 yards will be an important defensive asset.

12 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Penny boy was accurate 

Hacc is not. Hack has been in the league two years and has only dressed for three games. Let’s get a smart accurate QB and build an offense around him he can succeed in. If not you end up with someone’s grandfather QBing the team.. again. 

37 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hacc is not. Hack has been in the league two years and has only dressed for three games. Let’s get a smart accurate QB and build an offense around him he can succeed in. If not you end up with someone’s grandfather QBing the team.. again. 

Chad Pennington 

15 hours ago, Jetster said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Josh Allen will get picked B4 the Jets & turn into a franchise QB, running around, making plays like Carson Wentz, and every single f*cking know it all on this site that have been disparaging him will be here claiming Macc Bowles were f*cking fools for passing him up, and how could they make such a grevious mistake taking "Another pass knocked down" Mayfield. You just know it's gonna happen, go J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Or he sits next to Hacc on the bench for another two years wearing khakis and a polo shirt, both making the cover of the L L Bean spring catalogue. We get to watch J McCiwn play into his twilight Years  pursuing the all elusive 8-8 season. Upside is the limitless  @SAR I threads stating  the fact  Sanchez made the GQ  cover instead insures his induction into  the Jets ring of honor. 

Archived