Ziggy Ansah please

Philc1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Says the guy who wants to give Leveon Bell $100 million after screaming for Wilk to get $100 million 2 years ago

I know numbers other than 0 or 1 are just random letters Philbot but Wilkerson’s at $60 million after he gets cut!

I am totally in favor of Ansah as well.

In fa you simply rarely get even a whiff of players if they are clean.  LT, QB, pass rusher, CB if they are really good and clean with no issues they rarely become available.

Lawrence is an option as well but Dallas knows his value. 

Oh yeah, people need to quit basing our whole off season on getting cousins, that is a real long shot imo.

Beware of Ansah, he's going to be 29 before next season starts and even
though he had 12 sacks 9 of them came in 3 games.  One of those games
was against the NYG, then when he was making a late salary push he got
6 in the final two games of the season.  Also why did he do nothing in
2016?  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/15785/ezekiel-ansah

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

2016?  

I want no part of him, to old very inconsistent, and very expensive.

Why do we want to throw $16-18 million a year at a 29 year old, 280 lb passrusher who has no experience playing OLB?

Let him go to San Fran/Cleveland

Jets should use the bulk of their cap space on Cousins, a legit #1 CB like Johnson or Butler, and at least one of Norwell/Richburg/Jensen to add to the OL.

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly. He plays in the 4-3 .... it won’t work!

at least Demarcus Lawrence is younger and plays the 3-4.

Lawrence is intriguing, but I doubt Dallas let’s him go. Probably slap the franchise tag on him.

I’m not completely sold on him either.

He’s been injury prone over the course of his career and prior to having a monster showing in a contract year last season, he only had 9 sacks in his previous 3 years combined.

If we’re looking to add a FA passrusher, I’d look at guys like Trent Murphy and Alex Okafor.

Sure, they’re both coming off season ending injuries, but neither will break the bank and are rock solid at getting after the QB. Okafor also played for Bowles in Arizona.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Lawrence is intriguing, but I doubt Dallas let’s him go.

I’m not completely sold on him either.

He’s been injury prone over the course of his career and prior to having a monster showing in a contract year last season, he only had 9 sacks in his previous 3 years combined.

If we’re looking to add a FA passrusher, I’d look at guys likely Trent Murphy and Alex Okafor.

Sure, they’re both coming off season ending injuries, but neither will break the bank and are rock solid at getting after the QB. Okafor also played for Bowles in Arizona.

He came into the league 3 years ago. First year I believe he didn’t play much. Second he got 8 sacks, next year he was hurt and the year after 14.5 sacks .. seems like when he’s available he’s a beast. Yes, he has been injured but only twice and he is still young. His body probably heals better than someone like Ansah.

32 minutes ago, KRL said:

2016?  

He missed 4 games and had a bad ankle. Beast mode in the playoff game though...in 2016. 

I wouldn't mind Ansah for 3-4 years while they rebuild the offense.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

He came into the league 3 years ago. First year I believe he didn’t play much. Second he got 8 sacks, next year he was hurt and the year after 14.5 sacks .. seems like when he’s available he’s a beast. Yes, he has been injured but only twice and he is still young. His body probably heals better than someone like Ansah.

5 years ago. 8 sacks first and second year

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I wouldn’t be against going after him. Hell, to me he’s the only passrusher worth the big price tag, at least for the Jets.

But I can’t see Dallas letting him hit the market. He’s probably getting the franchise tag.

Archived