Non-first RBs

SenorGato

Assuming Barkley, Michel, and Guice work out well at the combine and go in the first round here. If you could build a 3 back platoon with any other three players, who? Pre-combine!

I go with Kerryon Johnson as the feature, John Kelly as the understudy, and Nyheim Hines.

Hines started as a WR, was an impact kick returner, and is going to test really well at the combine. 

Kelly wasn’t as versatile as Kamara at Tennessee but shows a little of everything and looks like a guy who will test well at the combine. 

Johnson has feature back potential. He can run, I keep thinking Thomas Jones there, but it’s that he’s involved in the passing game including 2 TD last year in 24 receptions and pass protection too: 

GqlYe5.gif

I like Kerryon.  He's got some Bell to his game.

I like Ron Jones too.  He's got that shiftiness to him with some power.  He could be a solid NFL RB.

Freeman to a certain extent too.  I know he battled injuries this year but he's a big boy who can carry the load and do a little bit of everything.

My sleeper is Ralph Webb.  Natural born RB.  Kid can play.  Has some wiggle, has speed, has power, can catch and he shows up vs. really good SEC D's and does it with very little help from the passing game.

Sweet topic...  I'm not convinced any RB besides Barkley goes in rnd 1, but i'll play along

RB1- Ronald Jones... homerun hitter. He and Sony are neck and neck in my books.

RB2/COP - Kalen Ballage (arz state)... i'm ridding the popular hand here, but i see a dynamic weapon with Ballage. He can catch the ball as good as anyone, but I also like him in the lost art of a 4th quarter back. DAL was the last team to use Marion Barber in this capacity and it was very successful.

RB3/passing down back - Chase Edmonds, Fordham.... when i watch him i see L. Tomlinson lite. Same vision/decisive running style. Love his upside in that role. Will make McGuire an afterthought. 

Wildcards in all of this? The JORDANS.... Jordan Chunn (troy) is a true banger that would make a great short yardage north/south. He might be better as COP back... and of course, my gator Jordan Scarlett. I would be tempted to take UDFA flyer on him and see where it goes for a year. He has 3 down back potential but jaded history. Crowell 2.0?

Two RBs from opposite ends of the spectrum:
Josh Adams 6'2" 225 Notre Dame
Positives: Big back, big play ability. 6.7 yards per carry career average. Good hands. Effective one-cut back.
Negatives:  Upright runner, great line in front of him. Acceleration is ok, not great.  Poor lateral movement
Compared to Tevin Coleman, Demarco Murray, and Matt Forte.
First saw him: Destroy USC last year (2016) 17 carries, 180 yards.  Followed that up this year with 19 carries, 191 yards and 3 TDs against USC.

Martez "Mr Excitement" Cater 5'9" 205 Grambling State
Positive: Good balance. Good power for size.  6.6 yards per carry career average. 30 Tds. Great route running, great hands. 74 rec / 966 yards/ 9 TDs over four years.  Kick / Punt returner abilities. Shifty.
Negatives: Size. Competition.
Compared to Traik Cohen, MJD, Darren Sproles
First saw him: Read an article about him on theundefeated.com back in November.  Good story.

21 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Assuming Barkley, Michel, and Guice work out well at the combine and go in the first round here. If you could build a 3 back platoon with any other three players, who? Pre-combine!

I go with Kerryon Johnson as the feature, John Kelly as the understudy, and Nyheim Hines.

Hines started as a WR, was an impact kick returner, and is going to test really well at the combine. 

Kelly wasn’t as versatile as Kamara at Tennessee but shows a little of everything and looks like a guy who will test well at the combine. 

Johnson has feature back potential. He can run, I keep thinking Thomas Jones there, but it’s that he’s involved in the passing game including 2 TD last year in 24 receptions and pass protection too: 

GqlYe5.gif

Kerryon Johnson stays hurt.

Archived