“I’m Gone Make Y’all Proud” - Robby Anderson

Ghost

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Jets WR Robby Anderson entered a written plea of not guilty today in Broward County (Florida) Court on nine... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0749768486250618622-4 

Jets WR Robby Anderson entered a written plea of not guilty today in Broward County (Florida) Court on nine charges stemming from his January 19 arrest. Three of the charges are felonies, including threatening to harm a public servant or family member. Anderson threatened to sexually assault the arresting officer's wife, according to the arrest report. The Jets have remained mum on Anderson. Coach Todd Bowles declined to speak with reporters last week at the Senior Bowl.

I hope he didn't write it himself.

I'd love to see what that written plea would look like. 

12 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Jets WR Robby Anderson entered a written plea of not guilty today in Broward County (Florida) Court on nine... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0749768486250618622-4 

Jets WR Robby Anderson entered a written plea of not guilty today in Broward County (Florida) Court on nine charges stemming from his January 19 arrest. Three of the charges are felonies, including threatening to harm a public servant or family member. Anderson threatened to sexually assault the arresting officer's wife, according to the arrest report. The Jets have remained mum on Anderson. Coach Todd Bowles declined to speak with reporters last week at the Senior Bowl.

nevermind

12 hours ago, rangerous said:

i'm with at you this point.  let's see what happens when the truth starts coming out.  i have no doubt the cop was just doing his job and arresting a knucklehead but still the charges about anderson threatening the cop's wife are a little over the top.  not that anderson didn't say some vile s&&t but that talk is cheap and it is very doubtful he would've acted on any of it.

right now, anderson is still a pretty valuable commodity.

Agreed. I wasn't there but I have a hard time believing that Anderson's threats were anymore than just an idiot spatting off at someone because he was mad. Look, Anderson is clearly a troubled guy and his comments were completely unacceptable, but it's like you said, talk is cheap. People say dumb stuff all the time in the moment that they regret later. I'd stick with him if I were the Jets. This is a league full of guys with legal problems who have done some bad stuff. It is what it is. 

New York Jets wide receiver Robby Andersonpled not guilty Monday to multiple crimes.

Daniel Popper of the New York Daily News cited Broward County Court documents stemming from a Jan. 19 arrest that saw Anderson charged with three felonies and nine crimes in total. The receiver sped away from police and was allegedly driving 105 mph in a 45 mph zone. He then "allegedly threatened to sexually assault the wife of the arresting officer," Popper noted.

According to Popper's report, Anderson was also arrested in May and charged with felony resisting arrest in Miami.

The three felonies he was charged with following the speeding arrest were second-degree felony harm to a public servant or family, third-degree felony eluding police and third-degree felony speeding, per Popper.

According to a TMZ Sports report on the incident, the harming a public servant charge has a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison. TMZ noted "Anderson is now demanding a jury trial" but granted a plea deal is still a possibility in this case.

The off-field trouble comes after Anderson turned a corner on the field for the Jets in 2017. He tallied career-highs of 63 catches, 941 receiving yards and seven touchdowns for New York during its 5-11 season.

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Anderson is 6’ 2” and 190lbs. He looks like Whoopi on a crack binge. He’s anything but scary  

You’re old enough to know size =/= scary, it’s all about levels of crazy and desperate.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

The three felonies he was charged with following the speeding arrest were second-degree felony harm to a public servant or family, third-degree felony eluding police and third-degree felony speeding, per Popper.

These are felonies? Sounds like he's simply guilty of being stupid. 

But the Jets are thin (no pun intended) at WR with him on the roster, you can't cut him over some non-violent, non-drug-related stupidity. Should probably take the keys away from him, though, and get him an Uber account. 

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

robby-anderson-ny-jets-6.jpg?w=600

He is one skinny dude.  I don't think Ive ever seen an NFL player that looks as emaciated.  Off-the-field issues aside, Anderson is going to get snapped like a twig one of these days.  He's a lock to wind up on IR at some point.  

16 hours ago, BigO said:

If he wants to make us proud he can go back to school and learn how to write basic English. How did this guy ever get into college? ?‍♂️

"..How did this guy ever get into college? "...

slide_9.jpg

48 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

People who look at him and think he can't be a tough sob have never seen the Diaz brothers fight.

Lol, Nick and Nate are huge in person. Nate walks around at well over 200. I have no idea how he's able to cut down to 155. Nick is legit one of the most intimidating dudes ever. How dare you.

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Lol, Nick and Nate are huge in person. Nate walks around at well over 200. I have no idea how he's able to cut down to 155. Nick is legit one of the most intimidating dudes ever. How dare you.

Dude? Really? In the ring he looks  like he is on the way to the methadone clinic and decided to get himself an UFC title belt to hold his pants up on the way there.

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dude? Really? In the ring he looks  like he is on the way to the methadone clinic and decided to get himself an UFC title belt to hold his pants up on the way there.

100%. Nate's stats have him listed at 6'0 but I'm 5'11 and he towers over me. And with both brothers, as soon as you meet them, one look at their faces and you can see immediately that they have been in some sh*t. Especially Nick.

Archived