“I’m Gone Make Y’all Proud” - Robby Anderson

Ghost

7 hours ago, Pac said:

Lawyer saying was a misunderstanding... Neither he nor Robbie notified they were supposed to appear.  Will be cleared up Thursday.

Yup.  Lets see how this plays out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/warrant-issued-jets-wr-robby-anderson-arrest-article-1.3968734?utm_content=buffer05b59&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

Quote from his lawyer:

"I received no notice," Anderson's attorney, Ed O'Donnell told the Daily News Wednesday night. "Robby received no notice. And the bondsman received no notice. A written plea of Not Guilty was filed on January 29th. Since that date, we've never gotten any notice to be in court for this matter. I intend to take care of this (Thursday)…. First I got to figure out where it is. I didn't even know who issued the warrant for non-appearance…. Craziness. Craziness."

"Robby did not do anything wrong," O'Donnell added. "It's not like he just said, 'No, I'm not going to court.' Believe me. I didn't go to court, either. Because nobody knew to be there."

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/29/2018 at 4:15 PM, Ghost said:

I reached out to him on Instagram today and he actually responded. I went ahead and took a screenshot of our convo. Hopefully this guy learns, because he is truly a special talent. 

3CC7F3A0-BBC2-4E29-80B3-F9BC820233BB.png

Wish him a lot of luck this year...If it doesn't work out, he can always fall back on a career as an english teacher.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Lets see how this plays out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/warrant-issued-jets-wr-robby-anderson-arrest-article-1.3968734?utm_content=buffer05b59&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

Quote from his lawyer:

"I received no notice," Anderson's attorney, Ed O'Donnell told the Daily News Wednesday night. "Robby received no notice. And the bondsman received no notice. A written plea of Not Guilty was filed on January 29th. Since that date, we've never gotten any notice to be in court for this matter. I intend to take care of this (Thursday)…. First I got to figure out where it is. I didn't even know who issued the warrant for non-appearance…. Craziness. Craziness."

"Robby did not do anything wrong," O'Donnell added. "It's not like he just said, 'No, I'm not going to court.' Believe me. I didn't go to court, either. Because nobody knew to be there."

If felony charges were dropped on April 3 there had to be some kind of notice. Why not pay the speeding citation and end the case in April?

Cimini:

Robby Anderson’s arrest warrant, issued yesterday after he didn’t show for an arraignment, has been set aside, according to his attorney, Ed O’Donnell. New court date is July 19. Charge is misdemeanor reckless driving. #Jets

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Cimini:

Robby Anderson’s arrest warrant, issued yesterday after he didn’t show for an arraignment, has been set aside, according to his attorney, Ed O’Donnell. New court date is July 19. Charge is misdemeanor reckless driving. #Jets

Cut this bum. Only thugs have miscommunications.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Seems like you cant cut the courts. And of course they dont care if you call out their thugish clerical errors. lol

“Only thugs have miscommunications” sounds like a serious statement to you?

On one had he is clearly and knucklehead. On the other, entirely possible a clerk screwed up the date. Usually at the end of every court date EVERYBODY-DA, judge and defense counsel agree on the adjourned to date. But the court clerk or staff doesn't put it into the database until later. Only way that gets screwed up is in fact a clerk makes the wrong entry into the computer system. And that does happen. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Seems like you cant cut the courts. And of course they dont care if you call out their thugish clerical errors. lol

If only we drafted Baker the happy hours these two would have had together

Just now, Jojo's jets said:

Yes cut him now because he will do it again. He has more arrests than TD

Uh yeah Mac doesn’t care his best WR who has almost a league minimum salary is going nowhere until he kills someone

13 hours ago, Pac said:

Lawyer saying was a misunderstanding... Neither he nor Robbie notified they were supposed to appear.  Will be cleared up Thursday.

Was just going to post this.  Heard it on the local radio.  Supposedly The clerk of court messed up and didn't notify him or his attorney of the new court date after the felony was dropped.  At least that is what his attorney is saying.

Guess we'll see how it all plays out in a day or so 

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Uh yeah Mac doesn’t care his best WR who has almost a league minimum salary is going nowhere until he kills someone

How many games will he play next year? Because there is a good chance the league will suspend him

Just now, Jojo's jets said:

How many games will he play next year? Because there is a good chance the league will suspend him

Currently he has only a reckless driving charge so we are looking at 1-2 games max

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

On one had he is clearly and knucklehead. On the other, entirely possible a clerk screwed up the date. Usually at the end of every court date EVERYBODY-DA, judge and defense counsel agree on the adjourned to date. But the court clerk or staff doesn't put it into the database until later. Only way that gets screwed up is in fact a clerk makes the wrong entry into the computer system. And that does happen. 

Props.

"Jets WR Robby Anderson’s arrest warrant lifted after clerical error by court"

58 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Currently he has only a reckless driving charge so we are looking at 1-2 games max

Does reckless driving ticket/charge carry a 1 - 2 game suspension by the league?  Is there a precedent for it?

What I'm trying to ask is has any player in the NFL ever gotten suspended a game or more for reckless driving before? (I don't know what Sheldon's exact charge was).

This is good news.  The arrest warrant was a mistake, a clerical error.  Robby did nothing wrong.  At least not yesterday.

This is good news for Anderson.  This is good news for the Jets.  He is under team control at way below market rates for his production for 2 more years.  Lets see how those 2 years play out. 

I get that the kid has lost the benefit of the doubt with multiple arrests in the past year.  As a Jet fan, i want this kid to stay out of trouble, grow the f*ck up, get in the lineup and stay there.  He has the potential to be a dynamic playmaker for years to come.  Would I want a guy like this to date my daughter, hell no.  If he can stay out of trouble, do I want him on my football team, absolutely.

25 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Robbie Anderson is productive, but totally expendable. Why waste the reps and development on a guy who's gonna work his way out of the NFL

Pretty much

If we woke up tomorrow and Anderson had gotten into more stupid bullsh*t off the field...who would be even the least bit surprised?

The Jets have spent the last 2 years trying to weed out these kinds of dickbags and change the culture here. I don’t care if he’s talented. So was Sheldon. So was Wilkerson. But they proved to be more trouble than they were worth.

And Anderson’s negative baggage outweighs his ability to run a go-route IMO.

We should’ve signed Hurns in addition to Pryor and told Robby to kick rocks 6 weeks ago.

On 1/30/2018 at 11:01 AM, Dcat said:

He is one skinny dude.  I don't think Ive ever seen an NFL player that looks as emaciated.  Off-the-field issues aside, Anderson is going to get snapped like a twig one of these days.  He's a lock to wind up on IR at some point.  

you apparently have never seen Marvin Harrison... 

BXDmSQbCIAAxR_8.jpg

Some guys are just naturally thin and wiry and the funny thing is it seems they are rarely injured.  

48 minutes ago, j4jets said:

“Clerical error” is just playing the blame game. 

The kid wants to go to the pro-bowl. How about you go to your damn court date first?

Really Dude?  Do you not get that he HAD NO COURT DATE;  THE CLERK MADE A MISTAKE!  Yeesh, I can't with some you guys.... 

Just now, JetBlue said:

you apparently have never seen Marvin Harrison... 

BXDmSQbCIAAxR_8.jpg

Some guys are just naturally thin and wiry and the funny thing is it seems they are rarely injured.  

Marvin is the Hulk compared to Robby

The dude was listed at 6’3 162 on his police report after the traffic incident where he said all of that sh*t about the cops wife.

That’s damn anorexic for a normal dude that height, much less a professional football player.

Archived