Alex Smith to Redskins [MERGED]

Lith

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Hey - how did this start again? 

Oh that's right, you misread my post and then awkwardly responded to something that I never actually wrote.

Thanks for reminding me, Newb!

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

But you did actually write exactly what I said you wrote. Just in a really poor manner. You literally had to show me pie graphs, break it down scientifically and pin point the direct cause for the Big Bang theory JUST to get your point across...because you suck.

Holy bickering spouses! You two need to take this inane back and forth and start your own thread for it. Stop addressing one another in this thread immediately.   We don’t allow personal attacks and namecalling only escalates and gets threads locked. Stop it now. Thanks. 

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy bickering spouses! You two need to take this inane back and forth and start your own thread for it. Stop addressing one another in this thread immediately.   We don’t allow personal attacks and namecalling only escalates and gets threads locked. Stop it now. Thanks. 

This was last night, Crush. We cool now.?

41 minutes ago, KRL said:

If Cousins is signed you can expect Maccagnan to trade down a couple of times to accumulate
extra picks.  Because with the size of Cousins contract you would need to balance the cap
going forward by having as many "cheap" rookie contracts as possible

the jets have nobody else to pay right now.  so i'd say if he traded down it wouldn't be b/c of money, it would be b/c he didn't like the value of the player he could get at 6.  

1 hour ago, KRL said:

I know it will never happen but Jet fans need to stop trying to have it both ways.  You can't
complain about never having a QB then when the opportunity presents itself you can't complain
about having to pay for him.  We have never had this amount of cap space and probably will
never have it again, for once why shouldn't we use it as a "weapon" and try to solve the QB
problem.  With Cousins hitting the market I think it's the first time since Brees left SD to
go to NO that this has happened

agreed not to mention QB's of Cousins caliber just don't normally become available, not saying he's an all-time great but he's a good QB who would immediately make this team better and set us up for the next 5-7 years at the position.  If we had a top 3 pick I would probably be against signing Cousins b/c I'd rather draft a guy and have him under my control at a much cheaper rate but with our draft position it's going to cost a fortune to trade up and now all you're doing is setting that young QB up to fail b/c you have no draft picks left to build around him.  The best plan right now is to sign Cousins and try to fill other holes through the draft and FA.  I mean if we were to sign Cousins and one of the young QB's were to fall in the draft it could be us in an even better position to trade that #6 pick and acquire even more picks. 

9 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

agreed not to mention QB's of Cousins caliber just don't normally become available, not saying he's an all-time great but he's a good QB who would immediately make this team better and set us up for the next 5-7 years at the position.  If we had a top 3 pick I would probably be against signing Cousins b/c I'd rather draft a guy and have him under my control at a much cheaper rate but with our draft position it's going to cost a fortune to trade up and now all you're doing is setting that young QB up to fail b/c you have no draft picks left to build around him.  The best plan right now is to sign Cousins and try to fill other holes through the draft and FA.  I mean if we were to sign Cousins and one of the young QB's were to fall in the draft it could be us in an even better position to trade that #6 pick and acquire even more picks. 

Probably the best scenario for us.

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

i can also see a scenario where the jets sign cousins and barkley falls to them.  it's not so improbable.  giants/browns take qbs, colts/browns then go defense and broncos go qb.  in a deep rb class i could see it happening.

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Browns are drafting Darnold or Allen

Like someone mentioned earlier now it’s between us and the Vikings

If I were Cousins I'd take a little less to go to Minnesota.  Great WRs and strong RBs. Revamped OL.  Outstanding defense.  They are one or two players away from a Championship and the run towards it has even started earlier than expected.  Also they have good coaching (we'll see how they do without Shurmur) while the Jets and Denver have a pair of  morons as head coaches.  Why in the world would Cousins choose the Jets?  I see not one single advantage over Minnesota.  No circus atmosphere there like the never ending circus here either.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

No Smith. No Cousins. 

We either trade our whole draft to get into the Top 3 or Josh McCown is our starter in September. 

SAR I

either way, McCown will be on the team and probably the initial 2018 starter.  Even if we draft a QB at the top of rd 1, Bowles will want the Veteran on the squad, which actually would be the right move.

Just now, Dcat said:

either way, McCown will be on the team and probably the initial 2018 starter.  Even if we draft a QB at the top of rd 1, Bowles will want the Veteran on the squad, which actually would be the right move.

he'll want it but with a new offensive system mccown won't have the same inherent advantage he had when he was with morton's WCO.

11 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Vikings would do it, but they have 3 young QBs right now. Would they scrap them all?

All 3 are UFA's.  None of the 3 are under contract.  two of them have serious histories of season ending injuries.  Maybe the keep Keenum as backup to Cousins.  Maybe not.  Maybe they keep Bridgewater as #3 QB.  Maybe not.  Cousins is way ahead of any of them.  Not even close.

Fact of the matter is that, because of one or two meaningless victories in a year that was supposed to be a rebuilding year, the Jets are NOT assured better QB play in 2018.

I am glad we did not get Smith.

I am terrified of Josh Rosen.  I think he plummets.  He is not the type of player football guys want to coach.  

We could get Cousins.  We could get Allen.  We could get Bridgewater.  We will not get Darnold or Mayfield. 

Minnesota, Cleveland, Denver and Arizona. If he goes to Denver or Az it's because he wants to because both teams would have to move some pieces around to make it work. Taking Washington out of the equation really helps the Jets more than I realized.

if the Jets don't land him they either really muffed the meeting/neg or Cousins was personally set on a certain team above for whatever reasons.

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

If what I have heard is true, it will come down to us and Denver.  Minnesota is, in fact, a dark horse but they would prefer to pay their own, roll with Teddy, and go from there.

no they won't.  Or at least they shouldn't.  Minny is a bonafide contender.  They are not going to risk this window of opportunity (they are rare you know) on an unproven QB that's a hit away from a wheelchair.

30 minutes ago, prime21 said:

100% agree. 

If the Jets land Cousins I truly believe they need to try and trade down even if Barkley or Chubb or a QB like Allen/Mayfield/Jackson falls to them. 

They have too many holes and need more young talent on both offense and defense. Especially since the Cousins deal will cost them a lot in cap space and they will need to cut Wilk and probably let a number of other FAs walk. 

You already have 2 second rounders- you trade down, maybe add another, maybe add a pick next year, maybe add a 3rd and 5th. 

26 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

he'll want it but with a new offensive system mccown won't have the same inherent advantage he had when he was with morton's WCO.

McCown was with the Bears when Bates was their QB coach...Reportedly Bates played a major part in developing the game plans this past season. Bates and Morton coached together at USC. I'd guess the Jets O was a combination of both Bates & Morton 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

They lost all leverage. Teams would just simply not engage in talks and let the move fall apart.

True, but it just takes 1 owner to want cousins to cut his GMs legs out and talk to the press. 

23 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Big surprise that you’d prefer Bridgewater over Cousins. Tyrod Taylor as well, right?

What’s wrong with preferring Bridgewater over Cousins? He’s younger, cheaper and has more upside. I’d take Cousins over Tyrod though. 

58 minutes ago, PepPep said:

100% agree. 

If the Jets land Cousins I truly believe they need to try and trade down even if Barkley or Chubb or a QB like Allen/Mayfield/Jackson falls to them. 

They have too many holes and need more young talent on both offense and defense. Especially since the Cousins deal will cost them a lot in cap space and they will need to cut Wilk and probably let a number of other FAs walk. 

You already have 2 second rounders- you trade down, maybe add another, maybe add a pick next year, maybe add a 3rd and 5th. 

Before doing the full analysis, other than a QB, the players that you need to get that high are EDGE and LT.  If there are one of those available, the Jets should pick him rather than trade down.  If its a G or S, trade down, for whatever you can get.  

Kendall Fuller‏ Verified account @KeFu11er 

Replying to @MccloughanScot

My guy! Preciate you having faith in me even with the injury! Nothing but love and respect for youu!

Scot Mccloughan‏ Verified account @MccloughanScot

Take it as a compliment, one of the best coaches wants you. You're a good player & person & that's why I drafted you.

56 minutes ago, August said:

What’s wrong with preferring Bridgewater over Cousins? He’s younger, cheaper and has more upside. I’d take Cousins over Tyrod though. 

He's implying that you'd prefer QBs of a certain hue (that's why he threw Tyrod Taylor's name out there)

2 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

I don't know - $30+ million in the cap space you'll save can go a long way to help build a team around a young QB.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

100% agree. 

If you could sign Cousins and Landry (or Robinson) and then draft Barkley the offense would go from pathetic to top 10 overnight. Accumulating picks is nice, but not at the expense of passing on elite players. 

Plus, we still have 2 second round picks, a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. 

If the BPA is Nelson, then I would agree on trading down because you can't waste a high pick on Guard, no matter how good he is projected to become. 

1 hour ago, August said:

If we go the veteran quarterback route then I’d prefer Bridgewater who’s younger and has more upside than Cousins and he’d be cheaper. 

How the hell does Bridgewater have more upside than Cousins?

Bridgewater was nothing more than a gamemanager before he completely shredded his knee. 

His best season? 3200 yards, 14 TD’s and 9 INT’s in 16 games.

You’ve gotta be sh*ttin me with this.

Archived