Alex Smith to Redskins [MERGED]

Lith

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If only you took the time to properly read what I wrote . . . you wouldn't be mad. 

If only you knew how hard you have been arguing for the last 35 minutes instead of realizing how hard you have been getting trolled over poor articulation for the last 35.

......Well, you would be even more mad but still.

hey newbs are going to newb at the end of the day.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

If only you knew how hard you have been arguing for the last 35 minutes instead of realizing how hard you have been getting trolled over poor articulation

......Well, you would be even more mad but still.

hey newbs are going to newb at the end of the day.

Hey - how did this start again? 

Oh that's right, you misread my post and then awkwardly responded to something that I never actually wrote.

Thanks for reminding me, Newb!

Just now, slimjasi said:

4 years, 94 M? 

These contracts are outrageous. 

Blame the many willing to spend massive amounts on going to games, building stadiums, buyung the merch and concessions, paying crazy money to broadcast games and air commercials, so on so forth. Don’t be outraged by the players, hate game! 

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Agreed.  If you had the option, would you prefer Cousins at 30 mil per or Drafting Mayfield at 6?

Personally I would take mayfield for a whole host of reasons. The important one being that i think baker gives you what some think they're getting in Cousins..

Regardless, I've already accepted the Cousins fate if it plays out like that. Still... lotta god damn money.

Question to rest of posters in the thread: Why are you so concerned about how much money the Jets throw at Cousins? Every QB up for a new contract will always be the "highest paid QB" until the next QB signs his deal. Plus, unless your last name is Johnson, it really doesn't matter how much he gets as long as it doesn't put us right up against the cap to the point we can't sign desired FA or resign our own guys. 

Tanny's major downfall was restructuring contracts and pushing money down the road until we ran out of room. One of the best things that Mac does (even his detractors have to give him this point) is consistently shown he creates "outs" for the team to avoid similar pitfalls. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Hey - how did this start again? 

Oh that's right, you misread my post and then awkwardly responded to something that I never actually wrote.

Thanks for reminding me, Newb!

But you did actually write exactly what I said you wrote. Just in a really poor manner. You literally had to show me pie graphs, break it down scientifically and pin point the direct cause for the Big Bang theory JUST to get your point across...because you suck.

4 years, 94 M? 

These contracts are outrageous. 

That's only 23.5 per which was what Cousins got franchised for last year. There are people here who want to give him like 140 over 5 guaranteed. It's pretty crazy how desperate some teams..or fans are for a QB. 

I am too. I'm not sure Cousins is worth it. Washington didn't think so last year which is where the negotiations broke down. Not sure what to think of that. 

But how many offers were there back and forth prior to that? Who the hell knows? Ok, so things broke down after two years of negotiating. That's very different from the notion that Cousins was always unwilling to negotiate with Washington and wanted out. 

I never said that though, I said "Kirk wanted out since last summer when he refused to negotiate" it doesn't matter what happen before that because that was the point where everyone knew he was going to be available. If Kirk wanted to stay in a Washington he would have counter offered.

Your whole point is that Washington just let him walk so he must not be a franchise QB when I just showed you proof that they tried to make him the 2nd highest paid QB last year and Kirk didn't even try to negotiate after the offer. Kirk decided last summer that he no longer wanted to be a Redskin and it's plain as day to see it.

Just now, HessStation said:

That's only 23.5 per which was what Cousins got franchised for last year. There are people here who want to give him like 140 over 5 guaranteed. It's pretty crazy how desperate some teams..or fans are for a QB. 

I am too. I'm not sure Cousins is worth it. Washington didn't think so last year which is where the negotiations broke down. Not sure what to think of that. 

Glad Washington is an organization we can put our trust in judging decisions on players. Thank god for them setting the example.

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Really hard to tell if you are a master troll or legit mentally disabled. 

Actually, what's really hard to tell is how many of you Cousins Stans can actually read English above a 3rd grade level. 

What I asked corroboration for was the statement that Cousins refused to negotiate with Washington and what I got was a CBS sports article which noted that Cousins turned down a 50+ million dollar contract offer, opting instead for a franchise tag. If you think that proves that Cousins was always dead set against ever negotiating with Washington, then I'm not sure what to tell you. They had been negotiating for well over a year by then. 

Btw, a few months earlier, Peter King said in an interview with WFAN that he was told that Washington was prepared to franchise Cousins if his demands didn't "come back down to earth." 

So we're about throw down a 5-6 year 120-130 million dollar deal Kirk's way I think. This organization would love to have the stability he brings to the position, and shouldn't be afraid to lay down the cash to land a big fish.

I think they'll do everything in their power to make it work too, including adding a complimentary offensive system and a free agent center and offensive weapon to boot.

Its really only a matter of "What will Denver offer financially."

Just now, slimjasi said:

Actually, what's really hard to tell is how many of you Cousins Stans can actually read English above a 3rd grade level. 

What I asked corroboration for was the statement that Cousins refused to negotiate with Washington and what I got was a CBS sports article which noted that Cousins turned down a 50+ million dollar contract offer, opting instead for a franchise tag. If you think that proves that Cousins was always dead set against ever negotiating with Washington, then I'm not sure what to tell you. They had been negotiating for well over a year by then. 

Btw, a few months earlier, Peter King said in an interview with WFAN that he was told that Washington was prepared to franchise Cousins if his demands didn't "come back down to earth." 

99% of this board doesn’t understand what this even means because they don’t listen to Eminem.

everyone here is 55 years old.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Glad Washington is an organization we can put our trust in judging decisions on players. Thank god for them setting the example.

Seriously. Posters are acting like the Redskins org has massive amounts of information regarding Cousins that we don't. Do people realize that we can actually watch every game he has started in the NFL right? It actually is possible to form an opinion on his talents of playing QB without relying on the Redskins. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'm not sure Cousins is worth it. Washington didn't think so last year which is where the negotiations broke down. Not sure what to think of that. 

Washington tried to make him the 2nd highest paid player in the league last year, Cousins didn't counter offer so the Redskins have no idea what he wanted. Negotiations broke down because Kirk didn't want to be there not because the Redskins didn't try to keep him.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Washington tried to make him the 2nd highest paid player in the league last year, Cousins didn't counter offer so the Redskins have no idea what he wanted. Negotiations broke down because Kirk didn't want to be there not because the Redskins didn't try to keep him.

And this is all that needs to be said, period.

you will keep getting responses with the same sh*t because no one can let go of their pride they have placed inside their stance.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No one said always dead set on leaving. You are the only one claiming someone said that. Cousins was set on leaving AFTER that contract offer.

edit - Anyone with half a brain could have told you the Redskins were not going to franchise Cousins for $34.5M because he would have signed that deal before it hit the table. Kirk wants to test Free Agency, signing the franchise tag would have guaranteed him that ability next year.

1 minute ago, Tony MaC said:

So we're about throw down a 5-6 year 120-130 million dollar deal Kirk's way I think. This organization would love to have the stability he brings to the position, and shouldn't be afraid to lay down the cash to land a big fish.

I think they'll do everything in their power to make it work too, including adding a complimentary offensive system and a free agent center and offensive weapon to boot.

Its really only a matter of "What will Denver offer financially."

My guess is you're gonna have 2 or 3 other players too. Don't know Arz cap for example but they've been mentioned. Cleveland, Minnesota etc

Just now, bla bla bla said:

No one said always dead set on leaving. You are the only one claiming someone said that. Cousins was set on leaving AFTER that contract offer.

But that's after almost two years of negotiating . . . which clearly means that they couldn't agree on a number. Again, if Washington wanted to lock him up, they could have. That's the point. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

That's not my problem. 

Expand your horizons, people. Marshall Mathers LP ftw. 

Yea, and hasn’t put a single good track out since 2009. 

I’m just saying.

I religiously studied him and the the hip hop genre my entire life to an unhealthy point..he sucks now...like your articulation skillzz lulz.

Just now, HessStation said:

My guess is you're gonna have 2 or 3 other players too. Don't know Arz cap for example but they've been mentioned. Cleveland, Minnesota etc

I think Minny tags Case and maybe even keeps Teddy around.

Arizona has a tight cap situation.

Cleveland... well, they aren't tight on space but they have the number one and four overall picks, how much are they gonna commit to Kirk?

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yeah, again, I think you are not accounting for the timing of it all. If there was only one off-season to go by and things transpired as they did in that single off-season, then I think you would be on to something. But, this has been a long drawn out process with conflicting reports (see Peter King interview on WFAN circa late spring/early summer of last year)

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yea, and hasn’t put a single good track out since 2009. 

I’m just saying.

I religiously studied him and the the hip hop genre my entire life to an unhealthy point..he sucks now...like your articulation skillzz lulz.

So what? The Rolling Stones suck now, too. That doesn't mean they aren't an all-time great rock band. 

Appreciate history, Newb. 

So what? The Rolling Stones suck now, too. That doesn't mean they aren't an all-time great rock band. 

Appreciate history, Newb. 

The Rolling Stones also don’t put out music that is ruining their legacy. That’s the newbiest possible thing you could of newbed out of your newb hole, bro.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Cleveland is still a mess so I don't think he'll go there. 

The broncos are a team on the decline. 

Arizona is interesting since they play in good weather and have cap space and David Johnson returning.

But Minny is the real Challenger here IF they want him. They have cap space (although they may need some of that to current players up for new deals or close to it) and have a team on the cusp of a super bowl.

I think the Jets are big time players in the Cousins sweepstakes but that's assuming they're even interested. For all we know, they are all in on one of the kids in the draft. 

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, sorry, I don't buy that. As I wrote above, teams don't let stud QBs even get to free agency, let alone actually sign with another team, without injury concerns. You can explain it away with Redskin incompetence. That's a fair assessment. 

My take is that they know him better than anyone else in the league and they don't love him . . . and I happen to think they are right. 

They just gave up a second round pick for a soon-to-be 34 year old QB and gave him what, $24 million per year?  After giving Kirk Cousins close to $50 million for the last two years.  Do the Redskins have ANY idea what they're doing?

But that's after almost two years of negotiating . . . which clearly means that they couldn't agree on a number. Again, if Washington wanted to lock him up, they could have. That's the point. 

Yes, the Redskins tried last season to sign Kirk to a long term deal. The year before that they placed the franchise tag on him to make sure he could duplicate his performance. The offer they last made to him was to pay him the 2nd highest contract in league history, what part of that leads you to believe they didn't want him? Kirk is the one that didn't sign the deal or try to work towards common ground. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Rolling Stones also don’t put out music that is ruining their legacy. That’s the newbiest possible thing you could of newbed out of your newb hole, bro.

The Rolling Stones are still touring and released an album in 2017 of old radio recordings and unreleased material. 

Try again, Newb. 

12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Washington tried to make him the 2nd highest paid player in the league last year

Doesn’t matter bruh, as he did not sign and Washington traded for Alex Smith there is a mountain of evidence that real experts believe he sucks. 

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

What's sorta getting blurred is guaranteed vs not. Reading the article, I think it's two separate things, 53mm guaranteed and then 2nd most money per...if you added the other 2 or 3 non guarantee years. As in, the first two years would be guaranteed (53mm) and then maybe another 2 or 3 not. I think he'd have wanted more years guaranteed thus more total money guaranteed even if it were less rate per year. 

Archived