Alex Smith to Redskins [MERGED]

Lith

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol we really are arguing about two different things tho and you made it this way because you couldn’t counter my first argument. His legacy as a whole is trashed. No one said anything about his first three albums because indeed they were great. Very great. He changed. His syllable count on his bars stretch past the proper amount of time and so it forces his flows out of place, naturally. That’s what happens when you over do a rhyme scheme. It then won’t properly fit between the BPM of the instrumental. He has corny outdated punchlines and he structures his set ups very poorly. I mean, I am an artist myself, I’m not just talking out of my ass. I don’t think you know half as much as you should to be having this debate with me. 

Do you even know what a double time flow is without googling it? Stop playing with me. You don’t know sh*t.

What does any of this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Cool, you're an artist. Congrats. And?

I pointed out that the Marshall Mathers LP was dope AF and you responded with gibberish about Eminem having ruined his legacy. True? Probably. Relevant to the brilliance of the Marshall Mathers LP? Absolutely not

And now you're asking me what a double time flow is? K. LOL. 

Again, nice try. 

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

At the end of the day, the offense's job is to score points.  If your offense scores 30 points per game and your team has a losing record, it's not your QB that's the problem.  Roethlisberger said that every game, the Steelers offense goes out there and tries to score 30 points.  He says if they do that, they should win.  And he's right.  The defense has to do its job, too.  The Redskins did a pretty good job of scoring points with Cousins as the QB.  It's way too easy and simplistic to blame the QB for the mediocre record.  At the end of the day, they're a trash organization and they were total sh*t before Cousins took over.  

I agree with all of this, which is why I wrote that I think we could  build a winner around Cousins, but again, I was just pointing out that I don't think he's a guy we should give crazy money to. 

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

That’s a huge plus for the Jets. Cousin or not at least we now know we aren’t getting Alex Smith. I honestly thinks Bowles and Macc weep at this trade .

This means Denver signs cousins. Jets now will get option of Allen or mayfield, and possibly Danold or Rosen if Allen and/or mayfield are picked ahead of them?

5 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

send a 3rd to Washington now, sign Cousins and let the game begin!

I did wonder the same sjit when I heard about this trade... If the Jets REALLY want him then send a damn pick over there and give him the contract he wants. Because the jets are the kind of team that will miss out on their guy over pennies in a bidding war. 

5 hours ago, Lith said:

But, in order to trade him, the Skins would have to franchise him first.  And after taking on Smith's contract, they probably won't have the cap space to do that.  Are they going to cut some guys just so they can franchise Cousins to get a 3rd round pick, when they likely can get a 3rd rounder next season as a comp pick if they let him walk.

how the hell you know all this stuff bro... Sometimes I REALLY wish you worked for the Jets... instead of whatevr it is you do lol 

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

Yeah, I've been on record ok if they signed Cousins. Would prefer to draft a QB. Having to give up picks for him to boot would be disappointing. 

The whole thing is weird, the redskins are weird. The way they've handled this situation last few years with the franchise tag and then this trade. It'll be interesting to compare the contracts. But, so the Redskons think Alex Smith is that much better than Cousins to even give up picks for him?

My guess is there was no way Cousins is staying there with the bad blood and so they traded for Smith, knowing he won't be a complete dumpster fire and they REALLY look like a bunch of clowns. They already got rotten egg on the face. This is an attempt to lessen the fallout 

Washington not tagging Cousins has its pros and cons for the Jets. The big positive is that the tag was going to be the biggest impediment to the Jets landing Cousins. With the franchise tag it was over, and they'd've hung the transition tag with an intent to match. 

On the negative side, the Jets had an advantage with the transition tag over other suitors because, with their cap room, they were in a good position to write a tougher offer for Washington to match. Without that tag, they're on a level playing field with every other team who can afford him, and now must sell him this front office/head coach/roster as the place he should want to sign. Without a tag, more teams will be involved, too. 

8 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

If my choices are Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins, I take Smith 10 times out of 10.

This does not even factor in the exorbitant contract Cousins will get. 

in that case it would be pretty interesting to know if the jets were also pursuing a trade for smith.  at this point i wouldn't be surprised.  smith is a pretty good qb who knows how to play the game.  but the bright side is cousins will be cut loose to find his own deal.

1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

And News like this helps every Jets and Giants fan get oner the fact that there is a Patriots/Eagles SB.  We all have something to talk about again.

Rooting for the eagles.  I have no beef with that team or their fans the fact that they are the giants’ rival makes me like them more

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

When Mark Sanchez throws for over 4000 yards, 27 TDs & 13 INT to new WRs, an injured TE, an Oline because of injury that had the 2nd most shuffled line in the NFL, let me know.

Ridiculous that Jet fans are poo pooing signing Kirk Cousins! Actually MIND BOGGLING after the SH*T I've been watching all these years! 

The Redskins are the Jets in maroon uniforms. 

We’ve already seen what Kirk Cousins would look like here; it doesn’t end well. 

SAR I

6 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Really THO - Mark Sanchez is and was a horrendous, decade ruining QB

Mark Sanchez 2010 wasn’t, he was among the very best at his position in franchise history. 

More importantly, using Mark Sanchez as a comparator to justify Kirk Cousins speaks volumes about how mediocre Kirk Cousins is. 

SAR I

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

This thread is weird. I feel like I'm 20 again at a frat party. 

The reason why is that we have a poster under the age of 18 who can’t stop posting 100x a day and doesn’t understand the difference between a discussion forum and Twitter.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The reason why is that we have a poster under the age of 18 who can’t stop posting 100x a day and doesn’t understand the difference between a discussion forum and Twitter.

SAR I

I’m 22 .. and I can post on this discussion board and discuss how Mark Sanchez is garbage all day long if I please. Get yourself a clue and discuss back. Don’t get butt hurt. You’d literally have zero angle if you didn’t know my age so with all things considered, you really don’t have anything good to say.

Has anyone thought that the reason Cousins never agreed to terms with Washington is because he didn't want to be in Washington? Washington has more or less been a disaster since Snyder got there and there is no reason to believe Snyder is going to sell the team anytime soon. Maybe the only reason Cousins hasn't left before is because he kept getting tagged. 

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Has anyone thought that the reason Cousins never agreed to terms with Washington is because he didn't want to be in Washington? Washington has more or less been a disaster since Snyder got there and there is no reason to believe Snyder is going to sell the team anytime soon. Maybe the only reason Cousins hasn't left before is because he kept getting tagged. 

That’s the exact reason behind it and I don’t know how people can create these made up scenarios other wise. He didn’t even counter offer after the last attempt Washington made. What does that tell you? He finally got fed up with being low balled, him and his shanty put their foots down and nothing ever got better. It’s really that simple.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Redskins thought so much of Cousins that they parted with draft picks and a player for the rights to the walking definition of a mediocre quarterback, and the Jets are going to try and give the QB whom just lost his job to Alex Smith $180 million dollars.

NpOGKcon.jpg

19 minutes ago, maury77 said:

This. 

And it’s also exactly why he’s not coming to the Jets. He wants quality of life for his family, a chance to consistently go to the playoffs, and a non-dysfunctional front office. 

We are Washington North. It’s not happening. We exist to drive his FA pricetag, nothing more. 

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Your age isn’t the issue. You post too much and almost all of it is of inferior quality.  You post for the sake of posting, trying to run up a post count, not to make a decent contribution. This isn’t Twitter.  

SAR I

I can post as much as I want to SAR. I don’t think you really have the position to question the volume in which I post. Secondly, most the threads I create are pretty informing articles because I constantly am catching Jets news first. You just sound salty because you don’t like the things I post. I guess that is why there is an ignore button, right? Use it and stop complaining. 

Edit: what does ‘running up a post count’ even do for me from a beneficial standpoint? Why would I feel inclined to do so? LMAO. For looks when all da peeps come check my profile out?

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

salary cap causalities for the next 5 years, check.

Good point

However this team is not Jax.... w all that young talent yes there would be salary cap casualties signing Cousins

What player on this team would be considered a casualty if not resigned? L Williams....... maybe 

This. 
And it’s also exactly why he’s not coming to the Jets. He wants quality of life for his family, a chance to consistently go to the playoffs, and a non-dysfunctional front office. 
We are Washington North. It’s not happening. We exist to drive his FA pricetag, nothing more. 
SAR I

With all due respect you are belittling another poster for the quantity of his posts, yet you’ve literally posted this exact post 10 times now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/football/jets/kirk-cousins-answer-jets-neverending-qb-search-article-1.3789488

Kirk Cousins is the answer to Jets’ never-ending quarterback search

The football gods delivered a clear message to the Jets Tuesday night, a four-word directive that simply should not be ignored by this star-crossed franchise: GO GET KIRK COUSINS.

Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles should have done backflips up and down the halls on One Jets Drive upon hearing the news that Washington agreed in principle to trade for Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith.

The fallout: Cousins will be a free agent in March.

The Jets, who have stumbled, bumbled and fumbled matters pertaining to the sport’s most important position for the better part of five decades, have the need — and ammunition — to land the clear-cut best signal caller on the market. There’s no reason for Gang Green's brain trust to out-think itself.

Pay the man.

Cousins, who will turn 30 this summer and is only now entering his prime, has always made the most sense for the Jets. The time is now to finally stop plugging the most pivotal hole on the roster with short-term fixes. Cousins has at least five top-end seasons left in his right arm. He’s smart, polished and ready to go from Day One.

He is the best answer to this organization’s most maddening issue.

Cousins would be an ideal fit for presumptive offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates, who will employ many elements of mentor Mike Shanahan’s scheme. Cousins’ and Bates’ paths crossed during the signal caller’s pre-draft visit to Chicago when Bates was the quarterbacks coach in 2012.

Shanahan, in case you forgot, discovered and drafted Cousins six years ago. A Bates-Cousins combo platter would be a solid foundation for an offense that will look very different than a year ago, when it languished in the bottom third of nearly every meaningful statistical category.

“I just think he’s a good football mind,” Cousins told WFAN during his series of interviews on radio row in Minnesota on Tuesday. “He’s about ball and that’s what matters to him. Everybody I talked to who knows him loves him. I think it was a smart hire by the Jets and I wish him well in what he does.”

The Jets have the loot to lure Cousins, who is 24-24-1 with 82 touchdown passes, 36 interceptions and a 67% completion rate in three seasons as the full-time starter. Maccagnan & Co. will have about $100 million in salary-cap space to re-shape the roster. The team’s preference all along has been to add a plug-and-play starter for the upcoming season.

The Jets, of course, won’t be Cousins’ lone suitor. The Broncos, Bills, Browns, Cardinals and Jaguars might also be in play for the prized free agent, prompting some to wonder whether Gang Green will actually break the bank this time for a free-agent QB. How much real guaranteed money will the Jets be willing to dole out?

Real talk: They don’t have a choice, given the state of the franchise. The time is now.

Archived