• Luke Falk
    • Kurt Benkert
    • Mike White
    • AJ McCarron
    • Tyrod Taylor
    • Case Keenun
    • Sam Bradford
    • Teddy Bridgewater

If it’s not Kirk Cousins, Sam Darnold or josh Rosen than I am officially off the Mike Mac bandwagon. 

Baker Mayfield maybe.

theres no excuse to lose cousins- you fd up the tank- were in limbo at 6, we have the most money to spend and the biggest need- back up the brinks, give him $40 mill year one and that market value the rest.

7 minutes ago, David Harris said:

If it’s not Kirk Cousins, Sam Darnold or josh Rosen than I am officially off the Mike Mac bandwagon. 

Baker Mayfield maybe.

theres no excuse to lose cousins- you fd up the tank- were in limbo at 6, we have the most money to spend and the biggest need- back up the brinks, give him $40 mill year one and that market value the rest.

Usually a FA's wife has a big say (especially if they have school age kids) on where they go. Jets need to show the nice Jersey suburbs/schools where they can live cause many folks have that "NJ Turnpike is what all of NJ looks like" attitude.

1 hour ago, freestater said:

That's the only pass I could qualify for. ?

I just got the feeling that we go into next year with a Bradford/McCown, or a Rudolf/Falk halfassing of the qb position. Haven't had any evidence fromthis regime to expect anything else.

If they do you would have to think it’s the beginning of the end for them. Jets already giving PSL discounts. If for nothing but appearance I would hope they would go harder than that. Then again the Jets will Jets. 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why would you say such a thing!?

i actually think Sam Bradford will be out of the league in a year or two. That fluid in his knee was no joke and this has just happened way too much in his career...if Minnesota doesn’t sign him as a back up..I think he’ll have trouble finding a team and will retire.

though I could be wrong. Teams really value back ups. But what good is a back up who can’t play when needed?

MacCagnan and Bowles love retreads.

I can't shake this feeling that come next summer, it's going to be Baker Mayfield under center. Personally would probably lean more towards Rosen and Darnold if i had a choice, but I love me some Baker.

I dunno. I can't explain it but I just feel like it's going to play out like that. 

I truly believe it’ll be Cousins

Macc and Bowles know they’re as good as gone within 11 months if they don’t get a legit QB behind center.

I think they decided weeks if not months ago that they were going to make Kirk their #1 target and basically do whatever it takes to land him. Hell, they’re already basically predicating their entire offense around the guy by promoting Bates and bringing in Dennison. 

Even if it takes $140 million with $100 million guaranteed (which it probably will) I think they’ll bite the bullet and do it.

2 hours ago, peebag said:

Mac and Bowels need to make a splash - they either go all in and trade up for QB of their choosing or they go after Cousins.

This season is their last gasp.

That's what I said last season.  They have a lifetime contract.  Nobody knows it yet.  More ticket price drops to come.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think they decided weeks if not months ago that they were going to make Kirk their #1 target and basically do whatever it takes to land him. Hell, they’re already basically predicating their entire offense around the guy by promoting Bates and bringing in Dennison. 

Even if it takes $140 million with $100 million guaranteed (which it probably will) I think they’ll bite the bullet and do it.

and how is that going to look when cousins signs somewhere else and the jets hired their offensive staff to lure him?

bottom line, mac is going to have to either fix the qb thing with his own draft pick, or the jets are drafting top 5 again next year and a new gm is drafting a qb.  

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

and how is that going to look when cousins signs somewhere else and the jets hired their offensive staff to lure him?

bottom line, mac is going to have to either fix the qb thing with his own draft pick, or the jets are drafting top 5 again next year and a new gm is drafting a qb.  

Don’t care. Maccagnan can worry about that.

If the Jets were in position to land Darnold, I wouldn’t give two sh*ts about Cousins and I don’t think the Jets really would either.

But we’re not 

If Macc and Bowles are willing to stake their jobs on a 6’0 Mayfield or a two year project like Allen, then you might as well consider them gone already.

They’ll literally back up a Brinks truck to Cousins’ front door in addition to selling him on Bates/Dennison and telling him that they’ll use every resource at their disposal to improve the team around him. Even allowing him to give serious input as to who he wants the Jets to bring in additionally.

They’re going to do literally everything within their power to reel Cousins in. You’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If Macc and Bowles are willing to stake their jobs on a 6’0 Mayfield or a two year project like Allen, then you might as well consider them gone already.

They’ll literally back up a Brinks truck to Cousins’ front door in addition to selling him on Bates/Dennison and telling him that they’ll use every resource at their disposal to improve the team around him. Even allowing him to give serious input as to who he wants the Jets to bring in additionally.

They’re going to do literally everything within their power to reel Cousins in. You’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

i agree with you.  i just don't think it will work.  i think cousins still signs somewhere else.  

the problem is, the jets in the past decade have ignored offense.  they haven't drafted an offensive player in the first round in a decade.  their 2nd round picks on offense have sucked, from vlad to devin to hack.  as a result, they've had to import quarterbacks (fitz/mccown), left tackles (beachum, clady), wide receivers (braylon/holmes/decker) and running backs (jones/forte) rather than develop their own.  then you throw in a head coach who can't even produce a decent defense with all those #1 picks.

in sum, there is absolutely no reason for cousins to believe mccagnan if he promises that he'll really, really spend on offense and really, really invest draft capital on offense.  b/c we all know that if the jets sign cousins and throw more money at the OL they will draft defense in the first round again.

somewhat interesting article about spending a ton of money and the superbowl at sbnation.  basically no team has ever spent more than 21.6% of the cap on two players and most spend 16% or so.  cousins at 30m would leave about 8.5m for the next highest player.  the jets would be above the threshold at the current level.  but there are ways around this by front loading cousins contract and decreasing the cap number as the seasons go by.  the point is they shouldn't be too scared of cousins projected contract.

but , of course whatever happens depends on whether or not cousins wants to come to the jets.  he could take a lesser offer from a better team or certainly one without such a high tax burden.

A few mocks I've seen have Josh Rosen falling to the broncos at 5, now if Kirk Cousins goes to the Broncos, then we get whatever QB they would have taken, I'd say the Jets take Rosen if he falls past 3 (and the Broncos sign Cousins). Would be ideal... he's the best pure passer in the draft, very accurate. 

12 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

A few mocks I've seen have Josh Rosen falling to the broncos at 5, now if Kirk Cousins goes to the Broncos, then we get whatever QB they would have taken, I'd say the Jets take Rosen if he falls past 3 (and the Broncos sign Cousins). Would be ideal... he's the best pure passer in the draft, very accurate. 

ya your point taken to me i smainly in the Cousins Sweepstakes if Jet sdont get him, the Jets are pulling for Broncos to get him because they cockblock us at #5 in draft.

McClown will be the QB in 2018 and 2019. Mayfield will be our pick and the only thing he throws is a fit in week 2 since Bowles tells him he’s not ready and won’t be for some time. He then goes out with Robbie Anderson and both get arrested in NJ and held without bail until 2019. 

32 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I have a weird feeling about Rosen. Have for awhile now. 

It could be that I just really want him, Idk. 

I like he and Mayfield over others, but I prefer Cousins as he allows us to keep all our draft picks and/or use 6th pick on a non QB position.

If Jets rebuild our OffLine thru draft and Free Agency we are not far off to having meaningful Dec. games which means we 'may'e sneak into 2018 playoffs and be a legit team in 2019 that can make a decent run. Cousins hopefully is sold that strategy by Mac. We are close and NY best place for you to be to enhance your Brand for post NFL career moves.

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I like he and Mayfield over others, but I prefer Cousins as he allows us to keep all our draft picks and/or use 6th pick on a non QB position.

If Jets rebuild our OffLine thru draft and Free Agency we are not far off to having meaningful Dec. games which means we 'may'e sneak into 2018 playoffs and be a legit team in 2019 that can make a decent run. Cousins hopefully is sold that strategy by Mac. We are close and NY best place for you to be to enhance your Brand for post NFL career moves.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with the bolded, but your perspective is reasonable. 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not entirely sure I agree with the bolded, but your perspective is reasonable. 

when I say close I mean "meaningful Dec. games which means we 'may' sneak into 2018 playoffs and be a more legit team in 2019" I can see us w/Cousins and rebuilt OffLine have games meaningful in 2018 Dec (not eliminated yet 1st 2 weeks of Dec) which means you may luck into a WC spot aka Bills in 2017.

The fact in Poll at top is that McCown comes in 2nd to Cousins is scary as it implies we may strike out w/both Cousins and the draft. if we pick a QB at #6 he starts Week 1. trust me cause the rebuild started last year and Mac wont go QB at #6 and sit him another year. It will be 'go play' and learn as you go.

3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

when I say close I mean "meaningful Dec. games which means we 'may' sneak into 2018 playoffs and be a more legit team in 2019" I can see us w/Cousins and rebuilt OffLine have games meaningful in 2018 Dec (not eliminated yet 1st 2 weeks of Dec) which means you may luck into a WC spot aka Bills in 2017.

I could see that. The offensive line is the key to me.

19 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

If the Broncos land Cousins, look for them to be very aggressive in trading down and getting more picks. Wouldn't be hard for them, as other QB hungry teams would be eager to move ahead of the QB starved Jets. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I could see that. The offensive line is the key to me.

100% agree. It is now and has been since Football started. You fix OffLine w/young talent for 6-10 year run wherew they are cohesive as a unit SO MANY things change for a Offense, AND for Defense as less 3 and outs and Defense can rest once in awhile.

On 2/2/2018 at 3:11 PM, slats said:

If the Broncos land Cousins, look for them to be very aggressive in trading down and getting more picks. Wouldn't be hard for them, as other QB hungry teams would be eager to move ahead of the QB starved Jets. 

sadly Jets stuck between rock and hard place if Broncs get Cousins.... Broncs could hold us hostage if 1 guy we like is left at 5th pick

Archived