Parcells/Belicheck want to forget Jets.(also mocked them)

Patriot Killa

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

We have the best football dynasty ever. It's so much fun. I whistle wherever I go.

It's not the "hate us cuz u ain't us" crap that massholes love to tout. It's the "I whistle wherever I go" that makes massholes like you unbearable.

Hey, the sports team that I root for because I happened to be born in the same state that they play in is a success, so that makes me a success too. And my inferiority complex is so uncontained that instead of being happy about my team playing in another super bowl, I need to "bath (sic) in others tears" at 3am on a rival team's internet discussion forum. Also, I'll bring up a third team that has nothing to do with the first two and call their fans conspiracy theorists even though my team was punished twice for cheating.

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

This is why I think Woody has been the root of our issues. 

Woody wasn’t the owner yet when all of this nonsense went down. 

IMO, the Jets franchise caught a bad break with the timing of Leon Hess’s death. He was not a successful owner through most of his tenure. He finally got it right when he hired Parcells in 1997, unfortunately he was already in his 80’s. Had he lived another 10 years in all likelihood Parcells would have stayed as HC a little longer then would have been succeeded by Belichick. Of course that is not a guarantee of success but I would take my chances.

The way I took the last segment regarding the Jets locker room was not a knock on the Jets. We all know Belicheck's disdain for the Jets and we all know the circumstances involving his departure. That is what caused the riff between the two Bill's. Why revisit a locker room that caused so much anger? The point of the interview was to show how they have moved past all that bad blood. Like Parcells said, "why bother".

27 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yes. To me, parcells was always a VaGiant. When announced as the Jets HC I seriously thought about walking away from this team for the first time. I still kept my season-tix and went to all the games but it was still there in the back of my mind. "the great parcells" was always a product of his coaching staff and stood on the shoulders of geniuses. It all fell apart when BB and parcells split. The guy never won a thing after that and is hailed as one of the greats. A pure creation of media hype and talk radio bullsh*t. Especially Francessa. That guy was so far up parcells azz you could see his feet hanging out Bill's big azz.

This could not be further from the truth.

That was a great watch and all but confirmed that Parcells ****ed this team so hard it's not even funny, harder than I thought before.  Between ******* us over with BB and the whole Manning debacle, Parcells might be the single worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.  His only saving grace is Curtis Martin.

And people treat him like a god around here.

Greatest Jets coach of all time?

Rex Ryan

20 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

IMO, the Jets franchise caught a bad break with the timing of Leon Hess’s death. He was not a successful owner through most of his tenure. He finally got it right when he hired Parcells in 1997, unfortunately he was already in his 80’s. Had he lived another 10 years in all likelihood Parcells would have stayed as HC a little longer then would have been succeeded by Belichick. Of course that is not a guarantee of success but I would take my chances.

Woody is an idiot but he had nothing to do with whatever happened in late ‘99

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

That was a great watch and all but confirmed that Parcells ****ed this team so hard it's not even funny, harder than I thought before.  Between ******* us over with BB and the whole Manning debacle, Parcells might be the single worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.  His only saving grace is Curtis Martin.

Rex Ryan

So you’re saying you preferred Manning over Farrior?

28 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Belichick left the Jets after Woody bought the team.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Since you weren’t alive during the Jets dark era you have no idea what it meant to get Bill Parcells in here.

Not only did he miraculously restore us to the playoffs in a year, he also set us on a course for a 20-year-run of competing for playoff spots and the most successful two decades in team history. 

Bill Parcells meant everything to this franchise, and it is disgusting that he would treat us with this type of disdain. 

SAR I

This exactly

What are these people talking about he was overrated

He changed everything overnight, was the only time I felt we had a scheme advantage going into a game

but yes he’s a scumbag, and a horrible person

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

Rex Ryan

Then he must be Savage's favorite!

18 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Belichick left the Jets after Woody bought the team.

Before. Woody took ownership a couple of weeks later. As a matter of fact back then one of the reasons Belichick gave for breaking his Jets contract was the uncertainty of the Jets ownership. It hadn’t been settled yet.

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/02/02/bill-belichick-bill-parcells-would-like-to-forget-jets-in-espn-doc/amp/

Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells would like to forget Jets in ESPN doc

“The Two Bills,” ESPN’s latest “30-for-30” documentary is as much about the relationship between Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick as a look at how each man’s decisions influenced the other’s career path. 

The most intriguing of those instances revolves around Parcells’ move from the Patriots to the Jets in 1997 and Belichick’s skipping out on Gang Green to become the head coach in New England. The Jets are not shown in the best of lights in either situation. 

Near the end of film, which aired Thursday, the two are shown about to be taken to the Jets’ locker room at MetLife Stadium — an idea neither man is keen on.

“I think [director Ken Rodgers] wants to take us to the Jets locker room because of our relationship with the Jets,” a disgusted Belichick tells Parcells. “The Jets because of our connection with the Jets. … Not the Jets locker room.”

Parcells responds: “We’re not going in there. No, I’m not going in there. I don’t want to go in there. What’s the point?”

It is their history with the Jets, that might be their most infamous connection.

When Parcells left New England for the Jets, he apparently wanted Belichick to succeed him. Patriots owner Robert Kraft, however, said he was so upset with the circumstances under which Parcells left for New York that he “had to clean the house of the whole Parcells Era.” He even claimed the NFL had a hand in making sure Parcells go to the Jets, for whom he originally was hired as a consultant with Belichick the head coach (Belichick remains the only two-time head coach of the Jets to never coach a game for the team).

Belichick and Parcells hilariously mock the Jets. Get these two a reality show ASAP. pic.twitter.com/PNUhlhYJih

Kraft shouldn't bitch, he somehow has the refs on his side through his homosexual relationship with Roger Goodell

This whole Parcells cost us Manning has been a folklore of fabrication. Manning wasn’t ready to come out. Two of the select few people Manning told about his retirement prior to disclosing it publically was Bill Parcells and Belichick.  

“ I wanted to call all the people who’ve been a big part of my football life,’’ Manning said this week. “My head coaches—Jim Mora through Gary Kubiak. Some assistant coaches. Some coaches I competed against—Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Andy Reid. Teammates. And Mort. He’s been a part of my football life.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/24/chris-mortensen-throat-cancer-recovery

You think Manning would even consider calling the guy who wouldn’t draft him? Manning wasn’t mentally ready to be a #1 pick, so he stayed in school. The rest is conjured up by angry Jets fan who need someone to blame for the fact our franchise is eddie mush. No luck at all. We had Parcells as a GM, with Belichick to be the HC, and thag coaching staff and front office. Dynasty in place. Hess dies and it all goes away. Its just bad luck.

7 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

Was up reading Superbowl news. Brady is playing in his 8th. Crazy, man. What a ride.

We have the best football dynasty ever. It's so much fun. I whistle wherever I go.

Now this is some sorry ass sh*t right here.

You want to be all uppity because you root for a team that has great success. Success that you had zero hand in. Pats would have rolled on with you six feet under or if you were blind deaf and dumb. 

You realize that's equivalent to you bragging about your neighbor who invented a longer lasting light bulb.

You probably got a hand down your pants when reading about the pats at 3 in the morning. You should be happy you're not blind and deaf but just dumb

7 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

Was up reading Superbowl news. Brady is playing in his 8th. Crazy, man. What a ride.

Now this is some sorry ass sh*t right here.

You want to be all uppity because you root for a team that has great success. Success that you had zero hand in. Pats would have rolled on with you six feet under or if you were blind deaf and dumb. 

You realize that's equivalent to you bragging about your neighbor who invented a longer lasting light bulb.

You probably got a hand down your pants when reading about the pats at 3 in the morning. You should be happy you're not blind and deaf but just dumb

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

A lot of people claim he was our best coach. I beg to differ. 

He helped to rid the team of the stench of Rich Kotite and gave the Jets respectability, but left us all in the lurch at the end. He was a lousy personnel guy and really screwed up by not making a commitment to Peyton Manning. 

Archived