Parcells/Belicheck want to forget Jets.(also mocked them)

Patriot Killa

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so this was debunked.  Belichicks was a dis but not Parcells..

"Here's what happened," he said. "We'd been there for quite a while and we knew we were pretty much done with the interview. They were just wanting to get more footage. Bill had a car waiting for him and I was ready to go. I remember, he was anxious to go and so was I, really.

"It was like, 'Where are they taking us now?' That's when we realized they wanted to take us down there and we just didn't want to go. It wasn't anything against anything. It was just time."

"I never had a problem with the Jets," he said. "Listen, you know, I'm hoping Todd (Bowles) does well. He's one of my guys."

4 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

The two bills did not diss the Jets. They didn't want to head to the locker room because they didn't want to rehash the moment that created the fracture to their relationship.

It is THIS exactly. The story was about the relationship of the 2 Bills, and their recent coming together.

The rancor came from the Jet divorce. 

Some people look too hard sometimes. Make no mistake, BB hates the Jets, and I get that.

13 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

Keep your chin up, though. Even though we crush your dreams twice a year, you haven't been dealt Patriot derangement syndrome the worst in the league.

Bronco fans flew too close to the sun and now they're unhinged conspiracy theorists and huge cry babies. They hate us cuz they aint us

Be quiet or we'll call up that lab in Arizona and tell them to abuse Ted Williams' cryogenic head some more. 

Both Tuna and Belicheat failed the jets.  Plus that was the main rift between the two ( Tuna wanting Belicheat to take over as the Jets head coach but he totally screwed Tuna over by quitting on the first day).  I am not surprised by their response.  They fu`ked the jets not the other way around.  Worst part about it is the newbie owner (at the time) WJ let them do it and is probably the reason they did do it.  I'll let your imagination finish the sentence that I want to say about WJ, because if I type it I will surely get me banned from this messageboard.

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Since you weren’t alive during the Jets dark era you have no idea what it meant to get Bill Parcells in here.

Not only did he miraculously restore us to the playoffs in a year, he also set us on a course for a 20-year-run of competing for playoff spots and the most successful two decades in team history. 

Bill Parcells meant everything to this franchise, and it is disgusting that he would treat us with this type of disdain. 

SAR I

It's posts like this that make me upset you're defecting from the Jets.

7 hours ago, Pac said:

so this was debunked.  Belichicks was a dis but not Parcells..

"Here's what happened," he said. "We'd been there for quite a while and we knew we were pretty much done with the interview. They were just wanting to get more footage. Bill had a car waiting for him and I was ready to go. I remember, he was anxious to go and so was I, really.

"It was like, 'Where are they taking us now?' That's when we realized they wanted to take us down there and we just didn't want to go. It wasn't anything against anything. It was just time."

"I never had a problem with the Jets," he said. "Listen, you know, I'm hoping Todd (Bowles) does well. He's one of my guys."

Fwiw, Parcells did stay on as GM after he quit on us as HC.  And he did appoint BB as HC of the NYJ.  It's very possible this is all Woody Johnson's fault.

I often think that the NFL wants us to be one of the door mats of the league. Teams like the Jets, Browns and Lions are for stepping on and wiping dirty shoes. When the Giants went through a rough patch, they brought in Young to set it straight. We get Hess, Woody, Rex, Herm, Bowles. We are like the globetrotters opposition.

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's posts like this that make me upset you're defecting from the Jets.

SAR I isn't going anywhere.  Once a Jets fan, always a jets fan.  Hotel California anyone: " You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"  He knows that, I know that, we all know that.  I tried to give up the Jets for the last 30 years.

13 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

SAR I isn't going anywhere.  Once a Jets fan, always a jets fan.  Hotel California anyone: " You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"  He knows that, I know that, we all know that.  I tried to give up the Jets for the last 30 years.

Believe me I've thought about it too.  But it just wouldn't be the same.  Crazy thing is I was a Giants fan when I was very young but ended up a Jets fan (and not because of anyone else - just my own choosing).

11 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Before. Woody took ownership a couple of weeks later. As a matter of fact back then one of the reasons Belichick gave for breaking his Jets contract was the uncertainty of the Jets ownership. It hadn’t been settled yet.

I get not knowing who the owner will be is cause for concern but Belichick said he hadn't spoken with either Dolan or Woody, but he had issues with them. Anyone know why??? He seemed to want his chance at being HC and now he had it, why not just wait it out? And why care about an interview when you have your chance to be HC where you are already? 

Someone help a young Jet fan out because none of this makes sense to me. Because Parcells tried to hide the fax request from him he got all pissy? 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@SAR I  Why the laughter to my last post?  I mean it.  I relate to people who understand the Jets' "dark era" and what Parcells meant to us when he arrived.  If the Jets ever do turn this around, fans who endured that era should be here for it.

Sorry my friend..... I was laughing at the “defecting from the Jets” comment. I had a fun week pretending to join the Giants. ‘Twas not real. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sorry my friend..... I was laughing at the “defecting from the Jets” comment. I had a fun week pretending to join the Giants. ‘Twas not real. 

SAR I

You fool!!!  You should've left while you had one foot out the door!  You do realize the best QB current on the roster is Christian Hackenberg, don't you?

Anyway, good having you back in the saddle again!

Bill Parcells explains why he avoids Jets' locker room in ESPN film

11:25 AM ET
  • cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Does Bill Parcells have a beef with the New York Jets?

Those who watched the premiere of "The Two Bills" on Thursday night -- the ESPN documentary on the relationship between him and Bill Belichick -- may have come away with that impression. There's a scene in which both men, after sitting for a lengthy interview inside the New York Giants' locker room at MetLife Stadium, refuse the director's request to visit the Jets' locker room.

Belichick's angst is understandable, considering his acrimonious history with the Jets. But Parcells? That surprised some people, so I called him Friday morning for an explanation.

"Here's what happened," he said. "We'd been there for quite a while and we knew we were pretty much done with the interview. They were just wanting to get more footage. Bill had a car waiting for him and I was ready to go. I remember,he Bill was anxious to go and so was I, really.

Parcells spent four seasons with the Jets (1997 to 2000) -- three as the coach, one as the top football executive. He went 9-7, 12-4 and 8-8 as the coach and orchestrated the watershed 2000 draft, which included four first-round picks. Unlike Belichick, he didn't leave on bad terms.

The scene in question occurs after the interview and a nostalgic tour of the Giants' Legacy Club. When Parcells and Belichick find out director Ken Rodgers wants to shoot in the Jets' locker room, they protest.

"Not the Jets' locker room," Belichick says with disgust in his voice.

"I'm not going in there," Parcells says emphatically. "I don't want to go in there. What's the point?"

Parcells, who said he hasn't watched the documentary, reiterated that he harbors no ill will toward the Jets.

"I'm 76 years old, I'm not looking for any trouble," he said, laughing. "I caused enough when I was younger."

On 2/2/2018 at 2:47 AM, bla bla bla said:

This is why I think Woody has been the root of our issues. 

He is most definetly the problem. The Bills had a deal with Hess and there is no telling what Woody said after he took over the team that caused Belichick to bolt the way he did.

This is why I also feel Woody pushed Macc to give it one last shot with our remaining Vets and some free agent money. It worked in Macc's first year when we went 10-6 but in year 2 Woodys coveted vets promptly sh*t the bed forcing Macc into a full rebuild in year 3.

I think considering the circumstances, Macc did all he could and was able to turn the cap around fairly quickly and also grab some draft picks in the process. I know some still hold Macc responsible for what happened but I fully believe it was Woody pushing the buttons.

Now that Macc is past that mess, its time to evaluate him from last years draft moving forward. In that respect the first glaring mistake was not drafting Watson so lets see how Macc handles the QB situation this year cause it will most certainly define his tenure as Jets GM.

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Bill Parcells explains why he avoids Jets' locker room in ESPN film

11:25 AM ET
  • cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Does Bill Parcells have a beef with the New York Jets?

Those who watched the premiere of "The Two Bills" on Thursday night -- the ESPN documentary on the relationship between him and Bill Belichick -- may have come away with that impression. There's a scene in which both men, after sitting for a lengthy interview inside the New York Giants' locker room at MetLife Stadium, refuse the director's request to visit the Jets' locker room.

Belichick's angst is understandable, considering his acrimonious history with the Jets. But Parcells? That surprised some people, so I called him Friday morning for an explanation.

"Here's what happened," he said. "We'd been there for quite a while and we knew we were pretty much done with the interview. They were just wanting to get more footage. Bill had a car waiting for him and I was ready to go. I remember,he Bill was anxious to go and so was I, really.

Parcells spent four seasons with the Jets (1997 to 2000) -- three as the coach, one as the top football executive. He went 9-7, 12-4 and 8-8 as the coach and orchestrated the watershed 2000 draft, which included four first-round picks. Unlike Belichick, he didn't leave on bad terms.

The scene in question occurs after the interview and a nostalgic tour of the Giants' Legacy Club. When Parcells and Belichick find out director Ken Rodgers wants to shoot in the Jets' locker room, they protest.

"Not the Jets' locker room," Belichick says with disgust in his voice.

"I'm not going in there," Parcells says emphatically. "I don't want to go in there. What's the point?"

Parcells, who said he hasn't watched the documentary, reiterated that he harbors no ill will toward the Jets.

"I'm 76 years old, I'm not looking for any trouble," he said, laughing. "I caused enough when I was younger."

This is 100 % on Woody not the Jets in General. Woody made the decisions and those decisions pushed those guys away from the Jets 

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I think considering the circumstances, Macc did all he could and was able to turn the cap around fairly quickly and also grab some draft picks in the process. I know some still hold Macc responsible for what happened but I fully believe it was Woody pushing the buttons.

Now that Macc is past that mess, its time to evaluate him from last years draft moving forward. In that respect the first glaring mistake was not drafting Watson so lets see how Macc handles the QB situation this year cause it will most certainly define his tenure as Jets GM.

I agree with the first part of this but I disagree with the bolded. The league was pretty confident that Cousins was going to be a free agent in 2018 once the Skins fired Scot McCloughan because Kirk asked for a trade in March. I think not selecting Watson had more to do with teams not knowing what to make of him, wanting to see Bryce/Hack play, and wanting to give them the best chance to succeed by selecting the BPA. I think the added benefit of that thought process was likely that we'd have more than enough cap to sign Kirk if both QBs failed and the crop of QBs in the 2018 class looked loaded. 

I think if he knew what we had in Hack or if he felt strong enough that Watson was going to be a good QB we would have taken him, unfortunately I don't think we knew what Hack was until after preseason.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:44 AM, NYJ37/12 said:

This could not be further from the truth.

Which part of it?.. Parcellls was a great coach before the salary cap when the Mara's could buy him all the goods. After the advent of the cap he jumped form bad team to bad team so he could be construed as a white knight , but he could never finish the deal because he couldn't stockpile the roster with all his players , then when the cap got tight he'd bail out for another franchise. Classic POS egomaniac. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Which part of it?.. Parcellls was a great coach before the salary cap when the Mara's could buy him all the goods. After the advent of the cap he jumped form bad team to bad team so he could be construed as a white knight , but he could never finish the deal because he couldn't stockpile the roster with all his players , then when the cap got tight he'd bail out for another franchise. Classic POS egomaniac. 

He built the Giants roster that won two Super Bowls. He built the patriots roster that went to four and won three. He built the jets roster that brought them to the doorstep and changed a losing culture for the next 20 years. He rebuilt the Cowboys roster. He failed with the Dolphins. 

He was a great coach in my opinion, one of the best ever.  His blueprint for success has been copied by the great belicheck, Sean Payton and Tom coughlin. Not bad. 

Archived