Parcells/Belicheck want to forget Jets.(also mocked them)

Patriot Killa

16 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Which part of it?.. Parcellls was a great coach before the salary cap when the Mara's could buy him all the goods. After the advent of the cap he jumped form bad team to bad team so he could be construed as a white knight , but he could never finish the deal because he couldn't stockpile the roster with all his players , then when the cap got tight he'd bail out for another franchise. Classic POS egomaniac. 

He couldn't finish the deal b/c he never wanted to stay, if he stayed in NE they would have won, if he stayed here we would have won.  Remember, this was a guy after the giants won SB XXI in January of 1987 that made a deal w/ Atlanta to become their HC.  The league vetoed it or he would have been gone then, then he walked away from the giants after winning a 2nd SB, walked away from NE after leading them to SB.  He loved rebuilding teams more than anything else.

13 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

He built the Giants roster that won two Super Bowls. He built the patriots roster that went to four and won three. He built the jets roster that brought them to the doorstep and changed a losing culture for the next 20 years. He rebuilt the Cowboys roster. He failed with the Dolphins. 

He was a great coach in my opinion, one of the best ever.  His blueprint for success has been copied by the great belicheck, Sean Payton and Tom coughlin. Not bad. 

George Young built the 2 Giants SB winning rosters, Parcells built the Pats roster that made the SB and gave them a core of guys around Brady for the early dynasty but he never built a SB champion.

The Jets roster was mostly built by the previous regimes, Parcells added a few key pieces in FA.

He built a cowboys roster than never won a PO game for him.

In Miami he took over a 1-15 team and they won a div title year 1.  I wouldn't say he failed there.

he's an all time great HC(I believe better than belichick) but he has been a very mediocre GM type. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He couldn't finish the deal b/c he never wanted to stay, if he stayed in NE they would have won, if he stayed here we would have won.  Remember, this was a guy after the giants won SB XXI in January of 1987 that made a deal w/ Atlanta to become their HC.  The league vetoed it or he would have been gone then, then he walked away from the giants after winning a 2nd SB, walked away from NE after leading them to SB.  He loved rebuilding teams more than anything else.

George Young built the 2 Giants SB winning rosters, Parcells built the Pats roster that made the SB and gave them a core of guys around Brady for the early dynasty but he never built a SB champion.

The Jets roster was mostly built by the previous regimes, Parcells added a few key pieces in FA.

In Miami he took over a 1-15 team and they won a div title year 1.  I wouldn't say he failed there.

he's an all time great HC(I believe better than belichick) but he has been a very mediocre GM type. 

It was??

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

George Young followed Parcells orders. You need to read the Parcells book and you will know his complete history. Great read.

You also need to go back and re visit the Jets 96 97 and 98 roster to see how much they changed.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was??

Parcells inherited:

O'Donnell

Murrell

Keyshawn

Chrebet

Brady

O'Dwyer

Jumbo

Graham

Hugh Douglas

Marvin Jones

Mo

Glenn

Mickens

Green

Anderson

Cascadden

Coleman

That's a pretty good group to start with.  He also inherited the #1 pick(and wasted it) in each round his first year and was able to trade away others for picks such as Hugh Douglas and Adrian Murrell.

21 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

George Young followed Parcells orders. You need to read the Parcells book and you will know his complete history. Great read.

You also need to go back and re visit the Jets 96 97 and 98 roster to see how much they changed.

George Young took over in 1979, Bill Parcells wouldn't become HC until 1983 and was almost fired after 1983 so please tell me how much he was listening to Parcells?  Simms, LT, Morris, Benson, Ard, Nelson, Martin, Marshall, Burt, Carson, Williams, Hill, Kinard were all starters in 1986 and all acquired before BP ever coached a game.  a bunch came in 1984 and I doubt he had any power in 1984 after that 1983 season.

he inherited a boatload of talent w/ us, many stayed and contributed but others were traded and he inherited the #1 overall pick which he traded away and got very little in return as the #1 pick became a HOFer. 

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Parcells inherited:

O'Donnell

Murrell

Keyshawn

Chrebet

Brady

O'Dwyer

Jumbo

Graham

Hugh Douglas

Marvin Jones

Mo

Glenn

Mickens

Green

Anderson

Cascadden

Coleman

That's a pretty good group to start with.  He also inherited the #1 pick(and wasted it) in each round his first year and was able to trade away others for picks such as Hugh Douglas and Adrian Murrell.

George Young took over in 1979, Bill Parcells wouldn't become HC until 1983 and was almost fired after 1983 so please tell me how much he was listening to Parcells?  Simms, LT, Morris, Benson, Ard, Nelson, Martin, Marshall, Burt, Carson, Williams, Hill, Kinard were all starters in 1986 and all acquired before BP ever coached a game.  a bunch came in 1984 and I doubt he had any power in 1984 after that 1983 season.

he inherited a boatload of talent w/ us, many stayed and contributed but others were traded and he inherited the #1 overall pick which he traded away and got very little in return as the #1 pick became a HOFer. 

I lived through the Jets years, I remember the roster well. You can list the players, go back and look at the change.

You need to read the Parcells book, it will answer your questions.

14 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I lived through the Jets years, I remember the roster well. You can list the players, go back and look at the change.

You need to read the Parcells book, it will answer your questions.

I was there, I saw it.  I would love to read this book but many things are written in books that are not true. Parcells also told us all how Al groh was in charge of the draft and personnel after he hired him, he put all the heat on groh for the Key trade and making the 4 1st rd picks.  years later after it looked like it worked out(though it didn't) Parcells was taking bows for the moves.  Pardon me if I don't trust BP to ever tell the truth.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:54 AM, nyjunc said:

I was there, I saw it.  I would love to read this book but many things are written in books that are not true. Parcells also told us all how Al groh was in charge of the draft and personnel after he hired him, he put all the heat on groh for the Key trade and making the 4 1st rd picks.  years later after it looked like it worked out(though it didn't) Parcells was taking bows for the moves.  Pardon me if I don't trust BP to ever tell the truth.

Just to add to your roster from yesterday, these are the starters that Bill brought in for the 98' season. Some were from 97'.

Testaverde, Martin, Byars, Mawae, Fabini, Lyle, Ferguson ,Logan, Pleasant, Johnson, Cox, Smith, Henderson, Hall, and L. Johnson.  That's 5 offensive starters, 8 defensive starters, 2 special teams .

14 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Just to add to your roster from yesterday, these are the starters that Bill brought in for the 98' season. Some were from 97'.

Testaverde, Martin, Byars, Mawae, Fabini, Lyle, Ferguson ,Logan, Pleasant, Johnson, Cox, Smith, Henderson, Hall, and L. Johnson.  That's 5 offensive starters, 8 defensive starters, 2 special teams .

you are neglecting inheriting the #1 overall pick and wasting it as well as trading former players to acquire new ones and picks. he walked into a great situation in 1997, a talented roster that had underachieved which would be an easy fix.  He wasn't stupid, he knew what we had. He got lucky w/ Vinny, no one could have predicted he'd have the greatest season in franchise history for a QB(remember a leftover started that season), he got lucky w/ Cox who most thought was just going to be backup player.  we also lost an old Jet to injury in preseason(Marvin Jones). 

Just caught the 30 for 30 last night.  was it just me or did Belichick come off way better than Parcells?  He seemed more grateful and kinder.  Pacels seemed to have a chip on his shoulder.

Parcells is a great coach but as I said on another thread, he is responsible for screwing our franchise for the past 20 years.  He should have spoke with Belichick before just resigning.  He screwed us by not getting word to Peyton that he would be drafted 1st.   Who knows what would have happened but knowing that Belichick should have been our coach with Peyton as the QB is mind boggling.  FU Bill(s)

On 2/2/2018 at 6:31 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fwiw, Parcells did stay on as GM after he quit on us as HC.  And he did appoint BB as HC of the NYJ.  It's very possible this is all Woody Johnson's fault.

Ownership wasn't settled.  The story I've heard is BB didn't like Johnson that much, no one likes Dolan, and he had a good relationship with Kraft, so he left.

11 hours ago, chirorob said:

Ownership wasn't settled.  The story I've heard is BB didn't like Johnson that much, no one likes Dolan, and he had a good relationship with Kraft, so he left.

he didn't know Woody, that was his excuse.  he left because of Parcells not ownership. BP knew he was leaving and wouldn't let BB know so BB made his own deal. 

16 hours ago, prime21 said:

Just caught the 30 for 30 last night.  was it just me or did Belichick come off way better than Parcells?  He seemed more grateful and kinder.  Pacels seemed to have a chip on his shoulder.

Parcells is a great coach but as I said on another thread, he is responsible for screwing our franchise for the past 20 years.  He should have spoke with Belichick before just resigning.  He screwed us by not getting word to Peyton that he would be drafted 1st.   Who knows what would have happened but knowing that Belichick should have been our coach with Peyton as the QB is mind boggling.  FU Bill(s)

BB should have been our HC w/ Brady which obviously would have been even better, this dynasty should be our dynasty.  assuming he has the same staff in place here that he had in NE chances are he would have drafted Brady.  BP did amazing things as a coach to turn our franchise around and had a few great moves in FA(Mawae, Curtis) but as a GM type he really hurt us longterm w/ some of his decisions.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

BB should have been our HC w/ Brady which obviously would have been even better, this dynasty should be our dynasty.  assuming he has the same staff in place here that he had in NE chances are he would have drafted Brady.  BP did amazing things as a coach to turn our franchise around and had a few great moves in FA(Mawae, Curtis) but as a GM type he really hurt us longterm w/ some of his decisions.

If Hess was alive during the transition there's a good chance BB does stay on as HC of the NYJ and Brady ends up a Jet (Pioli was already with the Jets btw).  I really believe we let the greatest dynasty (up to now) in NFL history slip through our fingers. 

Thanks Woody!

If Hess was alive during the transition there's a good chance BB does stay on as HC of the NYJ and Brady ends up a Jet (Pioli was already with the Jets btw).  I really believe we let the greatest dynasty (up to now) in NFL history slip through our fingers. 

Thanks Woody!

maybe but hess dying has nothing to do w/ Woody.  This was all about Parcells.

What was all about Parcells?  

BB leaving.  Parcells knew he wasn't coming back in 2000 but he was going to make BB sweat, then he got word Kraft was trying to get him and he immediately resigned triggering the clause in BB's contract that he became HC.  If BP is just up front w/ him and let him know he wasn't coming back he never gets a chance to talk to Kraft.

51 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

BB leaving.  Parcells knew he wasn't coming back in 2000 but he was going to make BB sweat, then he got word Kraft was trying to get him and he immediately resigned triggering the clause in BB's contract that he became HC.  If BP is just up front w/ him and let him know he wasn't coming back he never gets a chance to talk to Kraft.

No that’s a complete assumption on your part. FWIW he said it was due to uncertainties related to ownership. 

The Parcells name isn't what it used to be and Belichick just lost a Superbowl because he decided to bench his starting cornerback for "football" (not ego...) reasons.

We already know we're not one of the class organizations in the league.  We're an underdog and most of the league chuckles at us behind our backs.  F*** 'em.  You're not changing your allegiance now anyway, so just get used to it.  The Eagles just won their first Superbowl ever.  Good things can happen.  

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No that’s a complete assumption on your part. FWIW he said it was due to uncertainties related to ownership. 

That's not an assumption, it's reality.  You can believe what you want to believe. If Parcells just lets him know what is going on he's our coach.  If he doesn't get Brady he coaches us for a few years then gets fired but if he picks Brady here then it's our dynasty.

54 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

That's not an assumption, it's reality.  You can believe what you want to believe. If Parcells just lets him know what is going on he's our coach.  If he doesn't get Brady he coaches us for a few years then gets fired but if he picks Brady here then it's our dynasty.

What you wrote is a complete assumption.

Archived