***The Official Super Bowl Thread***

joewilly12

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like 99% of us I'm a Jets fan first and a Patriots hater second. 1 and 1A. The rest of the teams I don't care about although I have my unfavorites including any Phily team. It goes back for me to the Broad Street Bullies, talk about cheaters (on the ice). I can add the Raiders and a few other choice teams. The Giants are not high on my list of teams to hate but I obviously still root against them. So hopefully the Eagles will take the pedal to the metal and not try like others to sit on a lead with them. Pederson apparently isn't one to do that. I think they have a shot. Eagles 24 Patriots 21. 

32 minutes ago, section314 said:

Don't know any Philly fans, I guess? Most despicable characters on earth.

I know plenty, sadly, they are very much like JETS fans.  Been beaten down over the years, many blue collar fans but many not.  I think they are painted poorly but I am an Eagles fan today. 

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I know plenty, sadly, they are very much like JETS fans.  Been beaten down over the years, many blue collar fans but many not.  I think they are painted poorly but I am an Eagles fan today. 

The thing that makes me laugh about Eagle fans is that for a team that has NEVER won squat, they talk and act like they have won multiple Super Bowls. 

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Compared to us.... that’s not hard to understand.   They are a bitter bunch though. 

Indeed. On a more pleasant note, My friends and I still talk about the great time you and the Charlotte Jets Fan Club showed us a few years back. We came with DR.Ted and Karen Thompson, who we saw this year at a game. They live outside Charleston now. Ted got a nice work gig down there. What are you doing for the game today.....is the club doing something at one of the bars?

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Indeed. On a more pleasant note, My friends and I still talk about the great time you and the Charlotte Jets Fan Club showed us a few years back. We came with DR.Ted and Karen Thompson, who we saw this year at a game. They live outside Charleston now. Ted got a nice work gig down there. What are you doing for the game today.....is the club doing something at one of the bars?

Hmmm  I forgot that we met.  No, the club has gotten a bit smaller as the JETS now officially suck.  Im not doing a thing, gonna watch later tonite maybe bits and pieces.

16 minutes ago, section314 said:

The thing that makes me laugh about Eagle fans is that for a team that has NEVER won squat, they talk and act like they have won multiple Super Bowls. 

That is true, of some, but they have a better history of winning than the Jets, and have played in a much, much more difficult division for a much greater period of time than the Jets.

My sons are having friends over and Mrs Crusher is putting out her Super Bowl Sunday spread. Hot wings, Jalapeño poppers,Barbecue Sliders, devil eggs w/bacon, assorted trays and dip finished off with the chocolate fountain with everything from fruit to Rice crispies.

I honestly have not invited a single person because this match up makes me miserable and I don’t plan on talking about the game at all. I’m going to sit with my back to the TV eat myself numb and wait for that little Justin Timberlake to come out and create the next great Super Bowl half timeshow.

Then I will turn my back to the TV and do my best to make sure there are no  left overs for anyone to take home. “This my house Gus.”

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My sons are having friends over and Mrs Crusher is putting out her Super Bowl Sunday spread. Hot wings, Jalapeño poppers,Barbecue Sliders, devil eggs w/bacon, assorted trays and dip finished off with the chocolate fountain with everything from fruit to Rice crispies.

I honestly have not invited a single person because this match up makes me miserable and I don’t plan on talking about the game at all. I’m going to sit with my back to the TV eat myself numb and wait for that little Justin Timberlake to come out and create the next great Super Bowl half timeshow.

Then I will turn my back to the TV and do my best to make sure there are no  left overs for anyone to take home. “This my house Gus.”

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

:D Awesome! You just don't get the respect you've earned around here.

Archived