So much for "Defense wins Championships"

ASH1962

11 hours ago, rbstern said:

The NFL needs to dial back the offense-friendly rules.  It's getting out of hand.  We're now at the point where premium defenses are ineffective at stopping any offense led by a capable QB.

Very true. What we watched last night was not football. They used a football and dressed like football players, but that is not football. 1100 yards of offense most of which was passing. What, one punt I think? No tackling. ZERO defense.

Change the five yard chuck rule to ten yards. Eliminate the PI spot foul, make it 15 yards. Of course this will not happen because we need to appease the fantasy playing audience.

11 hours ago, King P said:

Nobody said that. But to act like defense doesn't matter is foolish.

The league might have bastardized it to the point that people think it's obsolete. But it's not

I wouldn't waste my breath, Defense does win championships, points win games.

10 hours ago, jetsons said:

So much for "Defense wins Championships"

actually it did... It was Grahams strip sack that gave the Eagles the win.

yes you are right, but 1000 yards, 73 points..2 punts the whole game I think hardly proves defense wins LOL, but we can let Todd Bowles think he can win a SB with defense .. LOOLLLL

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Probably from an emotional sense but in terms of academia, I think the forced fumble was bigger.

Nothing emotional, it won the game. NE had just scored and were set up for their famous double dip ( score at the end of the first half then get the ball in the second). That TD won the game. The strip sack was great, but you if it didnt happen, who knows if they score? Regardless, ONE defensive play all game, ONE!!! Its terrible football.

4 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Nothing emotional, it won the game. NE had just scored and were set up for their famous double dip ( score at the end of the first half then get the ball in the second). That TD won the game. The strip sack was great, but you if it didnt happen, who knows if they score? Regardless, ONE defensive play all game, ONE!!! Its terrible football.

I actually thought it was a good game... best of all... even the cheatriots couldn't overcome their favorable calls.

14 hours ago, Bugg said:

But they had to score about 40 points to win. Keep pretending you can win scoring 17 points a game. 

The offenses dominated and the D did just enough to win; now, that's the recipe in today's NFL. They had 1 sack, but it was when they needed it most. The defense stepped up when it mattered and that's all that matters in this game.

Archived