Wentz, Foles or Cousins?

GATA

17 minutes ago, GATA said:

Foles just won the Superbowl, Wentz basically got them there and is a great player. Cousins is good and wouldn't cost us every pick.

Who would you pick and why?

Cousins, because he is the only one of the three who will be available.

The rest is mental masturbation.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wentz is going nowhere.

Cousins over Foles, regardless of the price tag for either. 

Next.

Foles has always played well, very well in fact . That is until Jeff Fisher got a hold of him. Then he comes back to Philly and promptly lights it up again. I'm not sure what else this guy needs to prove. I think it would be a close call for me between Cousins and Foles since I wanted Foles when Philly cut him the first time.

Foles is smart has a strong arm and stands tough in the pocket when he needs too. He is also capable to throw on the run and get out of the pocket when it breaks down. Very tough call between him and Cousins IMHO.

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cousins, because he is the only one of the three who will be available.

The rest is mental masturbation.

So you think Foles will just pass on his big payday to stay with the Eagles as a back up ?? Come on man even the Eagles know Foles needs to move on and get his payday

48 minutes ago, GATA said:

Foles just won the Superbowl, Wentz basically got them there and is a great player. Cousins is good and wouldn't cost us every pick.

No guarantee Wentz even gets to the SB Foles played lights out through out the playoffs no telling what Wentz would have done one bad play here or there could have easily changed everything. Wentz is capable of a bad game and Foles simply didn't have any bad games

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So you think Foles will just pass on his big payday to stay with the Eagles as a back up ?? Come on man even the Eagles know Foles needs to move on and get his payday

Foles in under contract to the Birds for 2018.  He has no choice

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Foles is under contract.  He's not getting a "big payday".  No, no one one "knows" that Foles needs to move on.  The Eagles would be absolutely retarded to LET him go and he just proved why.  

Even if, there is absolutely no reason for any other team to gives Foles a "big payday".  He has shown rather convincingly that he sucks huge smelly balls anywhere OTHER then in Philadelphia.  A team who gives him more than dedicated backup money is simply repeating the Neil O'Donnell/Scott Mitchell error in analysis.  

Foles was a backup quality QB prior to this (admitted great) run by his team, and he remains exactly that now.  He's no more worthy of a "big payday" than any other one-hit-wonder QB of Super Bowls past.

41 minutes ago, GATA said:

You never know a lot happens offseason

I don't know a lot, but I can say with confidence the Eagles will not be trading the guy they dealt a first-, third- and a fourth-round pick in 2016, a first-round pick in '17 and a second-round pick in '18 for. 

Wentz was the # 1 MVP candidate before he got hurt.  They don't get to the place they were without Wentz's contributions.  They had a playoff spot, and essentially homefield, locked up before he got hurt.  Absolute lunacy to think he's going anywhere. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Foles is under contract.  He's not getting a "big payday".  No, no one one "knows" that Foles needs to move on.  The Eagles would be absolutely retarded to LET him go and he just proved why.  

Even if, there is absolutely no reason for any other team to gives Foles a "big payday".  He has shown rather convincingly that he sucks huge smelly balls anywhere OTHER then in Philadelphia.  A team who gives him more than dedicated backup money is simply repeating the Neil O'Donnell/Scott Mitchell error in analysis.  

Foles was a backup quality QB prior to this (admitted great) run by his team, and he remains exactly that now.  He's no more worthy of a "big payday" than any other one-hit-wonder QB of Super Bowls past.

So let me get this straight the Eagles have a franchise QB in Wentz that we all know will be starting next year and when other teams offer the Eagles picks for Foles the eagles who are already a very well established team they will turn down those picks or trades so they can let Foles rot on the bench ?

Foles sucked under Jeff Fisher with the Rams. But so did every other QB including Goff look how both Goff and Foles turned out. BTW saying Foles sucks is about the dumbest statement anyone can make at this stage

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Foles in under contract to the Birds for 2018.  He has no choice

Its the Eagles choice and they will take a big trade if its offered and the team offering it in a QB driven league will pay Foles what he deserves.

Lets see how it plays out. 

Was my mistake on the contract I thought Foles was on a 1 year deal but I still think there is a good chance the Eagles get some nice trade offers they would be crazy to turn down if they are substantial

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Even if, there is absolutely no reason for any other team to gives Foles a "big payday".  He has shown rather convincingly that he sucks huge smelly balls anywhere OTHER then in Philadelphia.  A team who gives him more than dedicated backup money is simply repeated the Neil O'Donnell error in analysis.  

Agree with some of this - that he doesn't get a payday just because he's earned a SB MVP. Someone else would have to step up to fork over something serious or they're not letting go of Foles while Philly knows Wentz may not even be healthy for the 2018 opener.

The only place Foles truly sucked huge smelly balls was in St. Louis. Not coincidentally, I was in St. Louis that year and Dutch-oven'd him a few times after not showering for a couple weeks.

It looked that way in the first half of 2014 after getting clobbered on a weekly basis while playing behind 3/5 and 4/5 of a backup OL that couldn't just get away with repeated holding like NE.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

BTW how many "Backup" QB's took over late in the season played lights out through the playoffs and won the SB MVP ? I'll wait .

Dont say Doug Williams since he played 1 game and dont say Trent Dilfer since he was the actual starter

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So let me get this straight the Eagles have a franchise QB in Wentz that we all know will be starting next year and when other teams offer the Eagles picks for Foles the eagles who are already a very well established team they will turn down those picks or trades so they can let Foles rot on the bench ?

Foles sucked under Jeff Fisher with the Rams. But so did every other QB including Goff look how both Goff and Foles turned out. BTW saying Foles sucks is about the dumbest statement anyone can make at this stage

This. 

Foles isn't a flash in the pan. People seem to have forgotten that a few years ago he was the hottest QB in the league. He's a good QB. 

1 hour ago, GATA said:

Foles was OK in season, great in Playoffs. I dont want to give up picks for him. If Jets did that it has "Overpaying after Fitzpatrick had season of life" written all over it......

39 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

BTW how many "Backup" QB's took over late in the season played lights out through the playoffs and won the SB MVP ? I'll wait .

Dont say Doug Williams since he played 1 game and dont say Trent Dilfer since he was the actual starter

Probably doesn't matter. His timing was atrocious for cashing in. I mean, try to think of an offseason where Foles as a SB MVP QB could be in less demand.

• Houston/KC/Chicago are happy with the guys they drafted last year
  • SF already went with Garoppolo
  • Washington went with Alex Smith
  • Cleveland and NYG have the top 2 picks in a QB-rich draft
  • Denver and Jets also pick 5th & 6th, and one of them will probably end up with Cousins
  • This still leaves at least 1 QB left for another team (e.g. Buffalo, Minnesota) to trade up to get or let fall to them, among the 4 most heralded prospects. 
  • Then there are still at least a couple other QB prospects other than those 4 that will have at least 1 team look at and see a future stud, who may rise a lot in the combine.
  • Then you've got other experienced, starter veterans who will either be FAs, released outright, or are available for a price: Cousins (mentioned above), Keenum, Bradford, Eli, Taylor.

Compound all the above with Wentz's injury occurring so late in the season. While it's previously been reported as "realistic" for him to start opening day, it's also far from certain yet. The Eagles know they're contenders if they have a QB in place, so they may not want to risk the whole season on Wentz being 100% so soon after his injury.

Hey good for Foles, but his timing for this (in terms of cashing in) couldn't be worse. Unless someone is singularly infatuated with Foles in the "he's a winner" rationale - enough to trade a draft pick for him instead of just drafting one of the many prospects available this offseason - he'll be back in Philly again next year.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Probably doesn't matter. His timing was atrocious for cashing in. I mean, try to think of an offseason where Foles as a SB MVP QB could be in less demand.

• Houston/KC/Chicago are happy with the guys they drafted last year
  • SF already went with Garoppolo
  • Washington went with Alex Smith
  • Cleveland and NYG have the top 2 picks in a QB-rich draft
  • Denver and Jets also pick 5th & 6th, and one of them will probably end up with Cousins
  • This still leaves at least 1 QB left for another team (e.g. Buffalo) to trade up to get or let fall to them, among the 4 most heralded prospects. 
  • Then there are still at least a couple other QB prospects other than those 4 that will have at least 1 team look at and see a future stud, who may rise a lot in the combine.
  • Then you've got other experienced, starter veterans who will either be FAs, released outright, or are available for a price: Cousins, Keenum, Bradford, Eli, Taylor.

Compound all the above with Wentz's injury occurring so late in the season. While it's previously been reported as "realistic" for him to start opening day, it's also far from certain yet. The Eagles know they're contenders if they have a QB in place, so they may not want to risk the whole season on Wentz being 100% so soon after his injury.

Hey good for Foles, but his timing for this (in terms of cashing in) couldn't be worse. Unless someone is singularly infatuated with Foles in the "he's a winner" rationale - enough to trade a draft pick for him instead of just drafting one of the many prospects available this offseason - he'll be back in Philly again next year.

Yup. No freakin way eagles trade Foles as Wentz injury isnt always easy to be at 100% after a year... This keep eagles in hunt til lWentz fully healthy (if he even is, no one knows). It would take crazy offer from  a team for them to move him and you would have to question that teams mindset as Foles isnt exactly guaranteed consistent.

48 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I don't need to say anything.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d824fceed

Not exactly the first to ask this question.  

Listen, you want to self pleasure over Foles, have at it.  Who am I to say you can't.

But he won't be cut loose, and if he is, we sure as hell shouldn't sign him, he's a horrible fit here, where he would assuredly revert back to the pumpkin of JAG'dom he's been everywhere other than in Philadelphia.

Hey, I heard a high school kid in Topeka Kansas completed a pass, maybe we should start a thread pining for HIM this offseason too, since it seems the most enduring action of Jets fans is to want in some way shape or form EVERY SINGLE QB WHO ISN'T ALREADY A JET.

52 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I dont think this has actually happened.  The only other place you saw him play was in St. Louis under Fisher and watching what Foles, Goff and Keenum have done this year away from Fisher, I think there is a common denominator here and it's not Foles sucks huge smelly balls.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think this has actually happened.  The only other place you saw him play was in St. Louis under Fisher and watching what Foles, Goff and Keenum have done this year away from Fisher, I think there is a common denominator here and it's not Foles sucks huge smelly balls.

He was in KC too, but really, for ****s sake HE'S NOT A GOD DAMN FREE AGENT.

Why the hell are we even having this discussion?  What, you want to offer the Eagles 14 #1 picks for Foles?  GTFO, seriously.

The Eagles just won the title because they had Foles as a backup.  Foles is under contract.  Foles is a better option for them as #2 QB at this price than ANY POSSIBLE COMPENSATION they could get for him.

He's not going anywhere unless the Eagles are literally the dumbest run team in NFL history.

So I don't care what fantasies the same old Jets Fans Desperation crew have concocted today.  He failed in Phili as the #1.  He failed in LA.  He failed in KC.  And he's been a #2 in Phili in goround #2.  MVP of one game or not, he's not the Jets next QB.

So just stop.

53 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

This. 

Foles isn't a flash in the pan. People seem to have forgotten that a few years ago he was the hottest QB in the league. He's a good QB. 

I'll be honest. I hated him and figured that one great year in Philly with Chip Kelly was a fluke. But to his credit, he looked great in the playoffs. While the one bad year he had in 2015 was with Jeff Fisher who has proven to be the reverse QB whisperer. Every QB that looks awful under Fisher Goff/Keenum/Foles, looks great once they get away from that dope. 

I still don't want to trade for Foles unless it's to start ahead of a rookie like Josh Allen until the rookie is ready. 

16 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Yup. No freakin way eagles trade Foles as Wentz injury isnt always easy to be at 100% after a year... This keep eagles in hunt til lWentz fully healthy (if he even is, no one knows). It would take crazy offer from  a team for them to move him and you would have to question that teams mindset as Foles isnt exactly guaranteed consistent.

I could see it. Foles had 2 obvious failures: while getting killed behind a backup OL in the first half of 2014 - the same blockers that made McCoy look worse than ordinary - and while playing for Jeff Fisher with the Rams. 

A team could legitimately think they just need someone who is at least ok if most of the rest of the team's boxes are checked off, and who's capable of rising to the challenge when the team needs him to. It's not far-fetched for a team to think Foles fits that description. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He was in KC too, but really, for ****s sake HE'S NOT A GOD DAMN FREE AGENT.

Why the hell are we even having this discussion?  What, you want to offer the Eagles 14 #1 picks for Foles?  GTFO, seriously.

The Eagles just won the title because they had Foles as a backup.  Foles is under contract.  Foles is a better option for them as #2 QB at this price than ANY POSSIBLE COMPENSATION they could get for him.

He's not going anywhere unless the Eagles are literally the dumbest run team in NFL history.

So I don't care what fantasies the same old Jets Fans Desperation crew have concocted today.  He failed in Phili as the #1.  He failed in LA.  He failed in KC.  And he's been a #2 in Phili in goround #2.  MVP of one game or not, he's not the Jets next QB.

So just stop.

Foles was lights out in KC when given the chance to play.

I think we're having this conversation because someone started a thread about Wentz, Foles and Cousins and you decided to participate in said thread.

Like I pointed out, he actually only failed in St. Louis but again, I think we came to the conclusion that the common denominator was Jeff Fisher sucks since all 3 of his starting QB's made the playoffs this year.

Not sure why you're yelling at me.  If you didnt want to talk about it, you dont have to respond. 

Eagles OL PFF grade:

Vaitai 39.7 (But Peters 86.4)

Wisniewski 75.4

Kelce 91.5

Brooks 88

Johnson 85.3

Jets OL PFF grade:

Beachum 72.7

Carpenter 41.4

Johnson 31.3

Winters 36.9 

Shell 65.3