Love Letter Mafia Game over Scum Wins!

Kaylee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also, if you're one of these roles, you have to reveal what you are in order to use your power:

• 1x King - Reveal this card at Day to swap it with another player's role card. Only one player may use this card per Day.
  • 2x Handmaid - You may reveal this card at Day if targeted by a Day ability in order to block the ability's effect. While holding the Handmaid, you are immune from the mafia nightkill.
  • 2x Priest - Reveal this card at Day to privately look at another player's role card.
  • 5x Guard - Reveal this card at Day to target a player and guess which role card they have. If you are correct, they must discard it and draw a new one from the deck. Each of the five Guard cards may only be activated once per game.

I already revealed as a Priest.  I get to look at another player's role card tonight.  So I'm like a cop, kind of.  

I'm Guard 3.  So at some point I need to target a player and guess their card?  

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm Guard 3.  So at some point I need to target a player and guess their card?  

This counts as activating since you're revealing the cards you have. Send your guess IN YOUR PM before end of Day1. 

If Scum NK's me, JiF, or Crusher, it likely means they have a Baron:

• 2x Baron - You may target a player each night. If their role card is a Priest or a Guard, they will die. If their role card is a Handmaid, Prince, King, Countess or Princess, you will die. If their role card is the other Baron, nothing happens.

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And Spoot, in order to use my power, I had to reveal it.  I figured why not use it tonight?

Fair enough.

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

These seem to be the roles where there's incentive to reveal: 

• 1x King - Reveal this card at Day to swap it with another player's role card. Only one player may use this card per Day.
  • 2x Handmaid - You may reveal this card at Day if targeted by a Day ability in order to block the ability's effect. While holding the Handmaid, you are immune from the mafia nightkill.
  • 2x Priest - Reveal this card at Day to privately look at another player's role card.
  • 5x Guard - Reveal this card at Day to target a player and guess which role card they have. If you are correct, they must discard it and draw a new one from the deck. Each of the five Guard cards may only be activated once per game.

If scum has a Baron, I will be a strong NK candidate.  

And I'd argue that these cards have heavy incentive to not reveal.

Princess - If you are ever forced to discard this card, you die. (If Scum has either a Prince or Guard, then they can kill anyone who holds this card.)

Handmaid - You may reveal this card at Day if targeted by a Day ability in order to block the ability's effect. While holding the Handmaid, you are immune from the mafia nightkill. (Why do you want to make it easier for Scum to know who to not target at night?)

Priest - Reveal this card at Day to privately look at another player's role card.

Guard - Reveal this card at Day to target a player and guess which role card they have. If you are correct, they must discard it and draw a new one from the deck. Each of the five Guard cards may only be activated once per game.

The Priest and Guard cards should only be revealed when they will be used (which is fair in your case). The Handmaid card should only be revealed if you need to block something. And the Princess card should never be revealed.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Fair enough.

And I'd argue that these cards have heavy incentive to not reveal.

Princess - If you are ever forced to discard this card, you die. (If Scum has either a Prince or Guard, then they can kill anyone who holds this card.)

Handmaid - You may reveal this card at Day if targeted by a Day ability in order to block the ability's effect. While holding the Handmaid, you are immune from the mafia nightkill. (Why do you want to make it easier for Scum to know who to not target at night?)

Priest - Reveal this card at Day to privately look at another player's role card.

Guard - Reveal this card at Day to target a player and guess which role card they have. If you are correct, they must discard it and draw a new one from the deck. Each of the five Guard cards may only be activated once per game.

The Priest and Guard cards should only be revealed when they will be used (which is fair in your case). The Handmaid card should only be revealed if you need to block something. And the Princess card should never be revealed.

Agreed. If you're a town Princess or Handmaid, lie lie lie about what you are if forced to reveal.  

Traditional run-em-up-and-reveal won't work in this game, since scum and certain town will have incentive to fake reveal.  But the rest of the game can definitely work together to try to get an idea of what is going on during night phases. 

And, of course, traditional scumhunting will be extremely valuable.  @JiF

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed. If you're a town Princess or Handmaid, lie lie lie about what you are if forced to reveal.  

Traditional run-em-up-and-reveal won't work in this game, since scum and certain town will have incentive to fake reveal.  But the rest of the game can definitely work together to try to get an idea of what is going on during night phases. 

And, of course, traditional scumhunting will be extremely valuable.  @JiF

@Dicetosser

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Scum NK's me, JiF, or Crusher, it likely means they have a Baron:

• 2x Baron - You may target a player each night. If their role card is a Priest or a Guard, they will die. If their role card is a Handmaid, Prince, King, Countess or Princess, you will die. If their role card is the other Baron, nothing happens.

I think that means if the Baron targets either a Priest or a Guard, then the Priest or Guard will die, and the Baron will die only if it's a Handmaid, Prince, king, Countess, or Princess.

So, if Scum has a Baron, then they are gonna use it on one of you three.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I think that means if the Baron targets either a Priest or a Guard, then the Priest or Guard will die, and the Baron will die only if it's a Handmaid, Prince, king, Countess, or Princess.

So, if Scum has a Baron, then they are gonna use it on one of you three.

Exactly.  And probably on me, since I have the more valuable role.

Worth the risk, IMO.  Only 2 Baron Cards out of 16, and the Baron might be town.  So there's only, what, a 1/16 chance I'm in danger tonight?

Check my math @CTM

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  And probably on me, since I have the more valuable role.

Worth the risk, IMO.  Only 2 Baron Cards out of 16, and the Baron might be town.  So there's only, what, a 1/16 chance I'm in danger tonight?

Check my math @CTM

Good point. Just as long as we don't have a Townie Baron who takes a risk with their card.

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Good point. Just as long as we don't have a Townie Baron who takes a risk with their card.

True.  Me, JiF, or Crusher could be telling the truth about our claims and also all be town, but to a townie Baron, any of us could just as easily be scum.  

Archived