Love Letter Mafia Game over Scum Wins!

Kaylee

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How so?

There'd been multiple reveals up to that point.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Scum NK's me, JiF, or Crusher, it likely means they have a Baron:

• 2x Baron - You may target a player each night. If their role card is a Priest or a Guard, they will die. If their role card is a Handmaid, Prince, King, Countess or Princess, you will die. If their role card is the other Baron, nothing happens.

I believe the mod said that the cards were available to either side, therefore why do you assume that a kill from a baron would only be by scum?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

There'd been multiple reveals up to that point.

I believe the mod said that the cards were available to either side, therefore why do you assume that a kill from a baron would only be by scum?

I shouldn't have spoken for JiF and Crusher, but I can speak for me:  Since  I know I'm town, if I get killed tonight, it's very likely by a Scum Baron.  

41 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

That's why people need to stop revealing. This is going to be a sh*t show.

Debatable.  Town collaboration is important too, and that might require some reveals.  

I imagine tomorrow will contain a LOT of discussion on what people did at night.  

Just now, Dicetosser said:

as i understand it the card is mbasically ure role/power but its possible for it to change.

That part I got but it doesn't seem like they do anything useful. My card allows me to guess someone elses card and if I guess right they get another card. If I guess wrong I become vanilla town. I guess I can guess someones card that already told me what card they had so I can brag about nothing all game like Pac does.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That part I got but it doesn't seem like they do anything useful. My card allows me to guess someone elses card and if I guess right they get another card. If I guess wrong I become vanilla town. I guess I can guess someones card that already told me what card they had so I can brag about nothing all game like Pac does.

i spose ures allows you to kinda be a roleblocker? like if someone says their a guard and u dont believe them you could make them redraw? so they might not be a "guard" anymore?? assuming they dont draw another guard card of course

8 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm Guard 3.  So at some point I need to target a player and guess their card?  

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Correct.

And based on the "3" I suppose there are 2 other Guards out there yet to reveal.  But they can be town OR scum.  

I think it's just to keep track of "which" card a player has. So he has Guard 3. Guard 1, Guard 2, Guard 4, and Guard 5 are unaccounted for. They could be in the game or they could still be in the deck.

That's how I'm reading it anyway.

We're pretending like we're dealing with real physical cards.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I guess you use it if you think someone has a dangerous card and they might be Scum. If you're right, then they lose that card.

Inversely, it also could be used by Scum to take away a card from a Townie. Which is another reason against revealing. Scum knows who's Town, so if you tell them who has what card, then you know who to target with the Guard card. Dangerous.

24 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

I just never understand why people insist on coming ITT and laying our work plans for scum.

If you're referring to my comment, I'll say that my philosophy is that Scum already know what to do, so it's better to speak up to keep Town from making it easier for them.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I think you'd draw a new card after using your power.  There are no vanilla townies.  Each player always has one of the 16 cards listed on the Wiki.  So, in a sense, you always have a role.  

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Fair enough. I usually give Scum more credit than Town.

Exactly.  They have a thread to talk through the game with.  And know who Town is.  And have the moderator present in the thread to answer questions. 

They already have an edge, so what choice have we but to talk things out in the game thread, in somewhat complicated games like these?

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think you'd draw a new card after using your power.  There are no vanilla townies.  Each player always has one of the 16 cards listed on the Wiki.  So, in a sense, you always have a role.  

Cards are only discarded when a role dictates. Basically some are 1x shot and others more. 

Archived