With Jets Enunwa returning where would you play Robby Anderson?

SouthernJet

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Look, you're easily one of the more even-keeled posters here. Respect your work... 

With that said, I think you're living in lala land with your assessment.  Put your business cap on.

Are we really "planning" a future around on the return of Enunwa?... Anything we get from him is a bonus. Expecting more is sh*tty management. Later you said he doesn't have to be on the final depth chart, agreed, but your post suggested thats our WR corps for September. 

Secondly, fck Anderson. Guy hasn't even got paid yet and he's telling police he's going to nut in their wife's eye. You think that problem is going to better when he gets paid. I'll take him for 2018 (i guess), but man... he's a ticking time bomb. If i'm the GM, i'm looking for long term replacements.

Kearse played really well, agreed. He's above average. Good enough that i wouldn't entertain a replacement in FA, including Landry. 

Hansen and Stewart are total questions marks, and in Stewarts case, already disappointing.

You're confusing "writing off" with prudent management. What you're looking at there is one of the worst WR corpse in the NFL, next to present day SF, BUF, IND... as a manager, you cannot enter 2018 with that corps and be considered competent at your job. WSH's even in better shape than we are, hence the Cousins jab.

We should absolutely not act as if Enunwa is a full go. I understand what you are trying to say. But I don’t think replacing him with a player in FA would be the right move either. I would rather draft someone with a #1 WR’s build and skill set to bring the player along Incase Enunwa does wind up being fine in the long run. Anything else is kind of foolish. I wouldn’t throw around money to any of these FA guys.

Anderson? Yeah I mostly meant as a 2018/right now type of thing. He’s okay to stay off this year. And if he stays out of trouble from now on up to his contract’s experation date..and maintains good production...i’d give him a 3 year deal with some outs and not s lot of guaranteed money...I wouldn’t just dump him if he stays out of trouble and produces. It all depends on him from here on out. I’m willing to gamble with that situation.

Disagree on Washington having a better WR core.

their #1 WR is 5’9 and hasn’t put up great numbers at all. Doctson also hasn’t been very productive either. All of our WR’s had better years than those guys ... with JOSH MCCOWN throwing them the ball opposed to Cousins throwing WSH’s wide outs the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Q might not be the same after that neck injury, and I wouldn't just assume Anderson's suspension will be resolved and he'll continue with the team

Honestly he probably will continue with the team. That’s just honestly the truth of it all. He’s deal with  legal punishment and will be spared the league punishment as a result. Similar to Richardson.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Honestly he probably will continue with the team. That’s just honestly the truth of it all. He’s deal with  legal punishment and will be spared the league punishment as a result. Similar to Richardson.

I hope you're right. He's a good young receiver, although he could definitely use some more muscle. I'm worried that the dude's body will break in half every time he gets tackled.

4 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I hope you're right. He's a good young receiver, although he could definitely use some more muscle. I'm worried that the dude's body will break in half every time he gets tackled.

Agreed. Very skinny guy. Seems his body just built that way naturally. He needs muscle on his upper body. He can take a hard hit though. I’ll give him that.

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We should absolutely not act as if Enunwa is a full go. I understand what you are trying to say. But I don’t think replacing him with a player in FA would be the right move either. I would rather draft someone with a #1 WR’s build and skill set to bring the player along Incase Enunwa does wind up being fine in the long run. Anything else is kind of foolish. I wouldn’t throw around money to any of these FA guys.

Anderson? Yeah I mostly meant as a 2018/right now type of thing. He’s okay to stay off this year. And if he stays out of trouble from now on up to his contract’s experation date..and maintains good production...i’d give him a 3 year deal with some outs and not s lot of guaranteed money...I wouldn’t just dump him if he stays out of trouble and produces. It all depends on him from here on out. I’m willing to gamble with that situation.

Disagree on Washington having a better WR core.

their #1 WR is 5’9 and hasn’t put up great numbers at all. Doctson also hasn’t been very productive either. All of our WR’s had better years than those guys ... with JOSH MCCOWN throwing them the ball opposed to Cousins throwing WSH’s wide outs the ball. 

Doctson is injury prone, but even in limited time, was already better than anyone on our roster. Find me any GM who'd take Robbie Anderson over Doctson and I'll show you a liar... I just looked at their depth chart, Grant's a FA and so is Quick... so they're probably in the same universe of pain we are. 

These are NFL Receiver corps

• LAC: Allen, M Williams, T Williams, Benjamin
  • LAR: Watkins, Woods, Reynolds, Thomas, Austin
  • CIN: Green, LaFell, Boyd, Malone
  • TB: Evans, Jackson, Humphries
  • PHI: Jeffery, Agholor, Smith, Hollins

We have got get something going there and at TE. We are so deprived of playmakers right now, it's amazing Josh McCown did what he did. 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He has proved he can match up with #1 corners but he also can take advantage of the slot. Personally, I would like to see him line up across from Enunwa because of his ability to high point the jump ball so well. Kearse is best used as a slot over the middle. He did very well on crossing routes last year and picked up a ton of YAC.

Enunwa 

Anderson

Kearse 

Hansen

Stewert

if they do manage to get a true no 1 receiver they could be a scary good group.

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

surprised. all I have read so far and heard from beat writers is Jets Dr's say he Enunwa looking good and will be fine by camp. maybe he had a setback I didnt hear about.

I had a cervical spinal fusion back in 2010 I have resumed my life a very physical job,competitve mens softball but I'm not playing in the NFL .

I wish Q all the luck in the world at a return to the NFL and a successful one. 

7 hours ago, Pcola said:

Next year is his last year under contract.  He’s not getting any kind of coin from any team at this point.  We might as well see what we have in Stewart and Hanson and use what resources would have been used on him to bring in another WR.

1st time you could chalk it up as a mistake, immature, and reckless behavior.

2nd time illustrates a pattern of poor choices with no consideration to the consequences.  If I’m not mistaken, It’s not like he was drunk so he can’t even blame the bad behavior on alcohol.

poor choices but like you said no addiction issues. No doubt it cost him money but you do not give up good players for nothing. Either you resign him on the cheap or a provision laden contract or trade him for a pick. But you do not give him up for nothing. With a qb that did not play to his strengths he almost had a 1000yrd season

19 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

You'd be comfortable going into 2018 with Sterling/Leggett/Tomlinson and their 26 combined career catches? ASF had that many catches in his first five weeks.

Even better, Leggett is the only one under contract.  Sterling and Tomlinson are both FA, though Sterling is RFA and Tomlinson exclusive rights. 

11 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

what is story w/Leggett? Do Jets have hope for him?

Well we have a HC who is disgusted by passing the football, no QB on the roster capable of doing so anyway, and a player who has shown no willingness or ability, on any level, to block for the running game.

Some future quotes we can expect from Todd Bowles on Leggett:

"He's not THAT bad" 

"He just needs to play" (while refusing to play him)

"Why do I need to see him out there? I saw him in the Spring of 2017. I know what he can do."

12 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

what is story w/Leggett? Do Jets have hope for him?

Who can tell?  He hurt his knee in the preseason.  He was supposed to be day-to-day, but it swelled and he never saw the field. They kept him on roster until Halloween when they finally cut bait and stashed him on IR and signed Xavier Cooper.  I don't recall him having surgery and it is kind of odd to sit a guy for the year just to rest it.  Maybe he got scoped and I missed it, maybe he sucked and needed development time.  Either way, nothing to be too optimistic about. 

I have no faith in Hansen or Stewart and Enunwa is a huge question mark. The Jets have to add at least one WR in FA and one in the draft. Preferably with one of the 2nd rounders. If the Jets sign Cousins the first 3 picks need to be OL RB WR in any order depending on what's available. If they don't sign him then a QB in the first and the next three need to be offense. Anything else is unacceptable. 

42 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

They have two pretty different skill sets I don't see how one coming back effects the other

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

They do, but it is still an interesting question.  People generally looked at slot WR as smaller shiftier guys, but a good OC will move players around to find favorable matchups.  Gailey used bigger guys like Decker and Enunwa in the slot because they could get a size mismatch on smaller slot CBs.  They stuck Anderson in the slot some because it can help a skinny guy like him get off the line without letting a stronger DB get his hands on Anderson. 

They do, but it is still an interesting question.  People generally looked at slot WR as smaller shiftier guys, but a good OC will move players around to find favorable matchups.  Gailey used bigger guys like Decker and Enunwa in the slot because they could get a size mismatch on smaller slot CBs.  They stuck Anderson in the slot some because it can help a skinny guy like him get off the line without letting a stronger DB get his hands on Anderson. 
Enunwa has proven himself as a great blocking receiver it would be foolish to not play the guy to his strength. If the new oc doesn't see value in that we should look to trade enunwa.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who can tell?  He hurt his knee in the preseason.  He was supposed to be day-to-day, but it swelled and he never saw the field. They kept him on roster until Halloween when they finally cut bait and stashed him on IR and signed Xavier Cooper.  I don't recall him having surgery and it is kind of odd to sit a guy for the year just to rest it.  Maybe he got scoped and I missed it, maybe he sucked and needed development time.  Either way, nothing to be too optimistic about. 

He had surgery in November. Don’t know anything else besides that. 

On 2/8/2018 at 5:00 PM, rangerous said:

if they do manage to get a true no 1 receiver they could be a scary good group.

If they can all be healthy and not get suspended they can be good. Throw in a guy like Landry or Robinson, they can be very good. Add in a dynamic guy like Michel in the draft and watch out! 

Or Enunwa could be done. Anderson gets cut or arrested again. Leaving us with Kearse, Stewart and Hansen and probably tavon Austin. Then lord help us. 

11 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If they can all be healthy and not get suspended they can be good. Throw in a guy like Landry or Robinson, they can be very good. Add in a dynamic guy like Michel in the draft and watch out! 

Or Enunwa could be done. Anderson gets cut or arrested again. Leaving us with Kearse, Stewart and Hansen and probably tavon Austin. Then lord help us. 

yep. i think that goes without saying.

I hope we find a true #1 through draft. There isn’t much on FA that I see. Take 1 in 2nd round. If we get cousins and a qb is still on the board at 6, we could trade down and pick up another second. Mid round 1st and 3 2nd round picks would be nice. 3 of them better be offense. Robbie can fight for 2, or 2b

Archived