6 Possible QB Scenarios

Sarge4Tide

Rate these 6 possible Jets QB Scenarios........  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Jets Sign Free Agent QB Kirk Cousins to an outlandishly expensive contract........

• GREAT MOVE.......I STRONGLY APPROVE OF THIS MOVE!!!!!
    • Very Good Move!
    • All things considered, probably a good move
    • All things considered, probably a bad move
    • Very Bad Move!
    • HORRIBLE MOVE......HOW CAN ANY TEAM BE THIS STUPID!!!!
  2. 2. Jets trade up to draft USC QB Sam Darnold with a Top 5 pick........

• Very Good Move!
    • Very Bad Move!
  3. 3. Jets trade up to draft UCLA QB Josh Rosen with a Top 5 pick........

• Very Good Move!
    • Very Bad Move!
  4. 4. Jets draft Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield with the 6th pick........

• Very Good Move!
    • Very Bad Move!
  5. 5. Jets draft Wyoming QB Josh Allen with the 6th pick........

• Very Good Move!
    • Very Bad Move!
  6. 6. Jets trade down to draft Louisville QB Lamar Jackson with a mid-1st round pick......

• Very Good Move!
    • Very Bad Move!

1 minute ago, JetsHex said:

I would actually love Fitzpatrick on this team. We sign another #1 CB like Trumaine J. on top of that and the Jets just might have the best defensive backfield in the game. But yeah, Jetsville would crumble but I'd rather have the dbs

Oh my

In a draft that is pretty much regarded as a deep QB class, your good with another S?

OK

Just now, flgreen said:

Oh my

In a draft that is pretty much regarded as a deep QB class, your good with another S?

OK

I'm good with Fitzpatrick who will play outside CB in the NFL. Any other S, absolutely not.

But that was just this scenario. What I want is to sign T. Johnson and Breeland and draft Mayfield. 

But like you said, this is a deep QB draft and a very good QB is going to drop to the 2nd. 

I'm also not a fan of Darnold and Rosen playing in NY. Those So Cal boys don't understand how cold, rainy and windy it gets in the winter and that is when some of the most important games are played toward the end of the season. 

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

What is hard is having to commit to Cousins before we know how the draft will fall.  If we sign Cousins and Darnold falls to us at 6, there is going to be a lot of hand-wringing in Jetsville.  

or trading down for  boatload of picks

13 hours ago, rangerous said:

wentz signed for about 26.7, trubitsky for about 29.  so it looks like the first round salaries are increasing.  so maybe this year's top pick won't get 36 for 4 years but something around 32-33 isn't out of the question.

"this!" button - agree it's getting out of control again - owners need another rule to protect them from themselves

These new rookie QB contracts are fully guaranteed! Chicago is on the hook for all $29m if they cut trubisky tomorrow - a big gamble with the 50/50 bust and/or injury potential for a top 5 QB...  plus it's only a four year contract

https://overthecap.com/player/mitchell-trubisky/5586/

if you are lucky enough to find a good franchise QB in the draft,  he could holding out in year 3 

10 hours ago, JetsHex said:

I'm good with Fitzpatrick who will play outside CB in the NFL. Any other S, absolutely not.

But that was just this scenario. What I want is to sign T. Johnson and Breeland and draft Mayfield. 

But like you said, this is a deep QB draft and a very good QB is going to drop to the 2nd. 

I'm also not a fan of Darnold and Rosen playing in NY. Those So Cal boys don't understand how cold, rainy and windy it gets in the winter and that is when some of the most important games are played toward the end of the season. 

I guess time will tell, but I really don't see Fitzpatrick as a lock down outside CB, who is worth the pick at 6.  IMO, he is a FS, with decent cover skills.  He has played the slot as a CB, but to my knowledge he hasn't played outside CB regularly in college.

Doesn't make much sense to me to draft a guy at 6, then change his position.  If he Jets hadn't drafted 2 S's last year I would consider him as a cover S.  Not as a starting outside guy. 

As far as the QB's go I think there are 4 very good prospects at QB in this draft.  After that they are multi years projects.  Maybe one of the guys will turn out OK, but it's not what a GM that is desperate for a starter NOW to keep is job needs.

No S's at 6 

12 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Cousins/Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield I'm fine with any of these even if that means trading up.

Allen at 6 if everyone else goes in the top 5 and we like him. I don't want to take someone just to take them.

Jackson I'd be excited but I hope he goes to an NFC team so I can watch him but not worry about him.

Exactly. We can bash this kid all we want but god knows how good he'll be if he learns quickly how to take advantage of NFL rules. He's gonna be SCARY outside the pocket and unlike that idiot Geno Smith, might be way smarter when it comes to throwing the ball away or knowing when to take off & run and most importantly when to slide down! 

There were MANY Jets fans wanting Tyrod Taylor for god sakes but are busting on Jackson? Lamar Jackson is Tyrod Taylor on steroids & could end up a Randall Cunningham type of phenom in the NFL. His all around team compared to someone like Baker Mayfield was NIGHT & DAY! Switch teams & put Mayfield on Louisville & Jackson on Oklahoma.

That is why grading QB prospects in college is so difficult. You have to try to imagine Josh Allen playing on Georgia, or Oklahoma, or LSU, Alabama? Because when these guys get into the NFL, they'll be playing with the BEST OF THE BEST.

11 hours ago, JetsHex said:

I would actually love Fitzpatrick on this team. We sign another #1 CB like Trumaine J. on top of that and the Jets just might have the best defensive backfield in the game. But yeah, Jetsville would crumble but I'd rather have the dbs

This with Cousins? Sign me the f*ck up! Trumaine Johnson- Jamal Adams-Marcus Maye- Minkah Fitzpatrick? Add Jensen & Norwell! With 2 picks in the 2nd round & a 3rd still to come!

Free Agent signings- Cousins/Johnson//Jensen/Norwell

Resign- Clairborne (cut Skrine), ASJ (if reasonable), Damario Davis

Draft Minkah, Michel, Guice or Jones (BRBA) with 1st 2nd rounder, 2nd second rounder best pass rusher OLB, 3rd round BPA (out of OT/CB/WR/ or if a really good RB falls double up & cut Powell who just isn't explosive anymore after his roid suspension.

Bottom line is even if Cousins is expensive that pick at 6 will be a stud starter. 

Archived