Robby Anderson has been charged with traffic-related violations on 10 occasions

Gas2No99

Robby Anderson has been charged with traffic-related violations on 10 occasions

New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson, who was charged with three felonies last month after allegedly fleeing police at 105 mph and threatening to sexually assault the arresting officer's wife, has a long history of problems on Florida's roadways.

Anderson has been charged with traffic-related violations on 10 different occasions in Broward and Orange counties since 2014, according to Florida court records. That includes five speeding tickets, with two in a 15-day span last spring.

While we're not talking about serious crimes, the pattern of behavior -- coupled with two arrests in the past nine months -- raises red flags.

Anderson's problems started in 2014, the year he was out of football. Because of bad grades, he was thrown out of Temple and went home to Florida, unsure of his future. Perhaps not coincidentally, he was charged in five separate traffic-related incidents in 2014, including one that resulted in misdemeanor charges for reckless driving and resisting arrest. The latter was eventually dropped. He paid a $401 fine and was required to attend driving school.

A few weeks later, on Aug. 28, 2014, Anderson was charged with speeding again (86 mph in a 65 mph zone) and his license was temporarily suspended. There was one non-traffic misdemeanor in 2014 -- disorderly conduct -- but that, too, was dropped.

Anderson returned to Temple in 2015 and despite an impressive year, he went undrafted in 2016. Off-the-field concerns hurt his draft stock, according to two opposing scouts. He wound up signing with the Jets as a free agent in April 2016. Since then, he has had five run-ins with police -- two speeding tickets, a seat belt violation and two arrests.

In fact, he was actually pulled over twice on the same day -- last March 29. At 11:25 a.m., he got hit with a seat belt infraction. At 10:57 p.m., he received a speeding ticket (86 mph in a 45).

On April 13, Anderson was nailed yet again for speeding (82 mph in a 45). As it turned out, the case was dismissed because the officer was a no-show in court.

Three weeks later, he made headlines for the wrong reason. On May 8, he was arrested at a music festival in Miami, where he was charged with resisting arrest with violence -- a felony. That case still is pending.

The most recent arrest happened in Sunrise, Florida, on Jan. 19, resulting in nine charges. He tried to elude police by speeding away and, once in custody, he resisted arrest, per court records. The most serious charge is threatening to harm a public servant or family member, a second-degree felony, stemming from his alleged comments about the officer's wife. Anderson pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Jets coach Todd Bowles still hasn't commented on Anderson's behavior or his status with the team. If the Jets wanted to cut him, they probably would've done it already. He's subject to league discipline under the personal-conduct policy and could be hit with a suspension. His Miami-based attorney, Edward O'Donnell, didn't return a call for comment.

Anderson, 24, who led the team in receiving yards and touchdowns last season, is an ascending player. The team recognizes he has maturity issues, but they appear willing to give him another chance.

Mug Shot #1:

Robby%20Anderson%20mugshot_1494268926022

#2 Mug Shot:

robby-anderson.jpg

I had my license suspended twice in my twenties.  I received tickets for multiple violations (speeding, seatbelts, brake lights) and then ignored the tickets associated at which point New York State suspended my license.  

I was young and irresponsible but not a bad guy.  Eventually, I learned my lesson - mainly because of the fines and my skyrocket high insurance.  

The real question here is the 'resisting arrest with violence' charge.  That's the only one that bothers me.  I don't care that he said something about a cop's wife; a lot of cops can be condescending as f*** in the moment.  The real question here is the 'resisting arrest' charge.  If that's real, his future here and generally in the NFL is on thin ice.  If it was blown out of proportion, then his suspension won't be so long and he can (hopefully) put the rest of this sh*t behind him.  

What he said about the cop's wife was a juvenile insult and hardly constitutes a true threat to the cop's family member. The speeding does need to be controlled, but is not really a major crime (hey, I just got a speeding ticket on the NJ Turnpike last week). On the bright side, maybe he can hit the weight room during his two game suspension?

18 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

People are always complaining that we don't have speedy receivers. Now they complain our receivers have too much speed. Make up your mind.

I don’t think it’s all Robby’s fault. The Jets have been telling him for a couple of years now to flash that speed. 

........Maybe he just misinterpreted what that meant. 

Listen,
He was stupid to run his mouth, black,white, male,female, young or old, “Yes sir or Ma’am or no sir or ma’am should be the only words coming out of your mouth
I have run in to some serious “anal retentive penises” with weapons and badges who are on power trips and have forgotten long ago who the work for. There is just no winning with these folks and they treat you like the enemy.
I have also run into many great police officers who if you treat them with respect you get it right back and often times you drive away with just a warning.
Robby is a young dumb ass who likes to go fast. There are many out there like him,age wise.
Being a young black man, he should know acting this way in this country at this time is life treating.
Down here there are many places where he can go and drive as fast as he dare,Legally!!!!
I would tell him any more incidents like this and his speedy butt can go stock groceries at Publix.
Grow up sir and realize God has given you a great talent. It can allow you to take care of your family for a life time, with responsible planning.
Or you can continue to be stupid and lose it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't think this changes anything, he'll play here this year and possibly next year as a RFA but I don't see use handing him a long term deal.

The kid is a “ I don’t give a F” moron.... it’s pretty simple really 

34 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

The kid is a “ I don’t give a F” moron.... it’s pretty simple really 

Did this report change how you felt about him?

Probably not, I'm sure the Jets knew about all these issues. I stand by my point of him not lasting longer than a year or two with us.

Whats alarming is that the seriousness of the infractions is escalating. Another alarming factor is there is no mention of alcohol or drugs being involved. Maybe he has a medical condition that needs to be addressed. Maybe he has something in his past that is eating him up inside. Maybe he's just an a-hole. The thing is the guy needs to get his sh*t together and not just for playing football but for his life. Sooner or later he is going to wind up hurting himself or someone else. Hopefully he figures it out or gets help before that happens.

Young and dumb...so was I at that age. Hopefully this can be a life lesson for the kid and he can learn how to control his emotions and start understanding what is important in his life. It's time to cut those dreads, improve vocabulary and re-orient priorites.  Every mistake and failure is a lesson learned.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Did this report change how you felt about him?

Probably not, I'm sure the Jets knew about all these issues. I stand by my point of him not lasting longer than a year or two with us.

Not much that would change my opinion of this kid....has “some” talent, makes some plays... is he worth the headaches? Wait 2-6 games next year for him???? 

2 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

Not much that would change my opinion of this kid....has “some” talent, makes some plays... is he worth the headaches? Wait 2-6 games next year for him???? 

Much like with Revis, Sheldon, and ASJ I think they let the situation play out. We may get a suspension this year if his first arrest sticks but we likely won't see an outcome to his most recent arrest until he is a RFA.

20 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Much like with Revis, Sheldon, and ASJ I think they let the situation play out. We may get a suspension this year if his first arrest sticks but we likely won't see an outcome to his most recent arrest until he is a RFA.

Is this kid worth the headache though?  I lean towards no....you?

2 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

Is this kid worth the headache though?  I lean towards no....you?

If he was a headache to deal with I think they'd have cut him already but I really don't think this will be a big deal come game 1. I think we will look at WR in FA now or possibly the 2-4 rounds in the draft, I don't think that was a priority prior to Robby's arrest. 

If he couldnt run fast and catch a football at the same time he would be standing around with his pants falling off with the other jackasses from his High School days. Who can say with any certainty but so many times kids like this have been let down by poor role models / parents.

13 hours ago, JetPotato said:

What an idiot.

You're rich. Get a driver. Call an Uber. Stay home.

Moron.

He’s not rich and he’s never going to be rich if he doesn’t grow the f up.  At a minimum he should lose his license.  Then maybe he should stay the hell out of FL.

He's just misunderstood...  This will be his plea to the judge

Dear, dear, dear kindly Sergeant Krupke you gotta understand
It's just our bringin' up-ke that gets us out of hand
Our mothers all are junkies, our fathers all are drunks
Golly Moses, naturally we're punks

Gee, Officer Krupke we're very upset
We never had the love that every child oughta get
We ain't no delinquents, we're misunderstood
Deep down inside us there is good

There is good, there is good
There is good, there is untapped good
Like inside the worst of us is good