Does Reich Take A QB 3rd, FA or Luck?

New York Mick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Walrus said:

Once again, Indy seem to land on their feet and get a really good prospect, this time in Frank Reich as coach. One Superbowl win just isn't enough output for what they seem to have land at their feet.

Agreed. We are a Colts/Jets household, and have expected far more from the past 2 decades.

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sticks with Luck.

also, this week’s reminder that Rex Ryan will never get another HC job again.

IMO, Rex made a mistake taking the Bills job. Had he gone to tv and waited a season or two he would be in getting interest  now. 

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

IMO, Rex made a mistake taking the Bills job. Had he gone to tv and waited a season or two he would be in getting interest  now. 

Rex took the Bills job because no one else would hire him. He avoided taking a TV gig because he think he’s above it, and he’s terrible at it as a result. And he’s burned three GMs who lost their jobs after working “with” him and who were lit up by “anonymous sources” in the media for not giving Rex what he “needed” to win, and now he can’t get an interview as a result. 

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

That colt pick worries me the most for dying for a qb will offer a king's ransom for it.

Honestly they should get a king’s ransom for it.  To move down, they would be passing on Chubb and Barkley, both major game changers.  

IMO, if Darnold and Rosen go 1 & 2 as expected, there is zero reason to move up for a QB.  

40 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Does Frank Reich becoming the HC of the Colts affect us getting a QB?

Does he stick with Luck or go else where? 

This could definitely change things. 

Depends how bold Indy and Reich want to be.

They could simply decide that a good QB is going to be at #3 and Luck's future status is a risk and decide to cut bait and have the courage of conviction.

But the same applies in reverse, they can have the courage of conviction and commit to Luck come what may with injuries.

Being first time HC, I would say you go with Luck. No one is going to criticize you if you stick with Luck and he never gets back.

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm not sure Luck isn't done, his shoulder sounds like it's not good.

I can see the Colts taking a QB which will Fook up our plans. If Luck is ok I'd move up to the Colts pick to get In front of the Broncs, if they don't sign Cousins.

Luck’s father is a former NFL QB who played for awful teams who is smart and isn’t gonna let Luck step foot on an NFL field until he’s 100%.

I have no idea on his QB intentions, but I do have a funny Frank Reich anectdote.  Well really it's a funny(pathetic) HawkeyeJet anectdote.

Back in the 90s in the cornfields of Iowa, young HawkeyeJet took a liking to hip hop music.  I was probably 13-14 at the time, and didn't know what 90% of it meant, but I liked the beats.

Anyway, when Hypnotize came out by Biggie, I was 100% sure one of the lyrics in the song was "Frank Reich push the six".  I thought he was talking about Reich throwing a TD or something.  I had no idea why or why Fran Reich, but I thought that was the lyric for years.

It wasn't.  Every time I see or hear his name I sing my version in my head and chuckle internally at myself. 

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have no idea on his QB intentions, but I do have a funny Frank Reich anectdote.  Well really it's a funny(pathetic) HawkeyeJet anectdote.

Back in the 90s in the cornfields of Iowa, young HawkeyeJet took a liking to hip hop music.  I was probably 13-14 at the time, and didn't know what 90% of it meant, but I liked the beats.

Anyway, when Hypnotize came out by Biggie, I was 100% sure one of the lyrics in the song was "Frank Reich push the six".  I thought he was talking about Reich throwing a TD or something.  I had no idea why or why Fran Reich, but I thought that was the lyric for years.

It wasn't.  Every time I see or hear his name I sing my version in my head and chuckle internally at myself. 

Sounds like the script of Whiteboyz

3 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

That colt pick worries me the most for dying for a qb will offer a king's ransom for it.

We have more ammo than anyone in the draft, I'd be pissed if we are outbid for that pick. One thing we do have going for us is that I think the Colts want Chubb so if Denver or the Jets want to trade up to 3 they could probably still land him at 5 or 6. 

I remember Reich beating our butts a few times as a backup for the Bills. Call me crazy,but the Colts dodged bullet when McBelicheat back out. I personally think that Riech is going to make a damn fine head coach in the NFL for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived