Does Reich Take A QB 3rd, FA or Luck?

New York Mick

53 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

We have more ammo than anyone in the draft, I'd be pissed if we are outbid for that pick. One thing we do have going for us is that I think the Colts want Chubb so if Denver or the Jets want to trade up to 3 they could probably still land him at 5 or 6. 

QBs want to have a chance of winning and living through the season on top of getting paid. 

Anyone know who’s in charge of drafting in Indy? GM, HC, combo etc?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

QBs want to have a chance of winning and living through the season on top of getting paid. 

Anyone know who’s in charge of drafting in Indy? GM, HC, combo etc?

I think you quoted the wrong person I'm not sure what that had to do with my response haha

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sticks with Luck.

also, this week’s reminder that Rex Ryan will never get another HC job again.

Either Luck is done or Belicheat is hanging them up soon.  McDaniels knows something that we don't.  Franchise QB, top 3 QB, a division that's up for grabs every year.  What else is he waiting for to come along?

Okay, maybe Irsay is that much of a clown.

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm not sure Luck isn't done, his shoulder sounds like it's not good.

I can see the Colts taking a QB which will Fook up our plans. If Luck is ok I'd move up to the Colts pick to get In front of the Broncs, if they don't sign Cousins.

I’m pretty sure the Colts won’t go after Josh McCown leaving Todd Bowles plan safe.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rex took the Bills job because no one else would hire him. He avoided taking a TV gig because he think he’s above it, and he’s terrible at it as a result. And he’s burned three GMs who lost their jobs after working “with” him and who were lit up by “anonymous sources” in the media for not giving Rex what he “needed” to win, and now he can’t get an interview as a result. 

He’ll probably get a top job at Dr. Scholls. 

15 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm not sure Luck isn't done, his shoulder sounds like it's not good.

I can see the Colts taking a QB which will Fook up our plans. If Luck is ok I'd move up to the Colts pick to get In front of the Broncs, if they don't sign Cousins.

There is zero chance the colts take a QB, they have too much invested in Luck, and need to take a run with an actual team around him.  Grigson has a horrendous GM, who gave Luck no help whatsoever.

I think if Im Ballard/Reich, as the QB drama unfolds once Darnold and Rosen start to work out, Im going public that 3 is for sale, and take whatever ransom you can get.  If teams think the price is "too high" and guys like Bridgewater and Case get paid to be bridge starters, then thats fine, the colts take Barkley or Chubb and move on.

Its a good situation to be picking at 3 in this draft and NOT needing a QB

This is a VERY real concern.  With Luck's shoulder, they may want to take a QB.  IF they do, that will be 4 out of top 5 taking QB'S probably.

However, if this was the way it played out, AND we were to get Cousins, could that leave us the opportunity to draft Bradley Chubb?

That would be an interesting option if we do not go QB.  Starting QB, best pass rusher we would have since John Abraham.  Not a bad start....

12 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

This is a VERY real concern.  With Luck's shoulder, they may want to take a QB.  IF they do, that will be 4 out of top 5 taking QB'S probably.

However, if this was the way it played out, AND we were to get Cousins, could that leave us the opportunity to draft Bradley Chubb?

That would be an interesting option if we do not go QB.  Starting QB, best pass rusher we would have since John Abraham.  Not a bad start....

I hope the **** not. I want nothing to do with him. If we get a QB in FA get Nelson or Barkley. If not take a ******* QB. 

15 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

With Cousins in the fold this draft could be an all timer. At 6? Chubb or Minkah? At 37? Price/Daniels/Michel/Jones/Guice? At 49? Anyone left in the 37 group? 

You come out of this draft with a stud CB or Pass Rusher, Stud Center, Stud RB, that's a helluva start with your high 3rd still to go, where I see a LB. 

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I hope the **** not. I want nothing to do with him. If we get a QB in FA get Nelson or Barkley. If not take a ******* QB. 

What do you know about Chubb that guys like Kiper, Mayock, Jeremiah, Brooks don't know? They all have Bradley Chubb as the best pass rusher coming out? Not being facetious, I don't follow college ball.

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rex took the Bills job because no one else would hire him. He avoided taking a TV gig because he think he’s above it, and he’s terrible at it as a result. And he’s burned three GMs who lost their jobs after working “with” him and who were lit up by “anonymous sources” in the media for not giving Rex what he “needed” to win, and now he can’t get an interview as a result. 

Remember when you said he would never get a head coaching job again and weeks later he signed with Buffalo?  

Rex return to the Jets in 2020 will be triumphant and a glorious day for Jets fans everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

What do you know about Chubb that guys like Kiper, Mayock, Jeremiah, Brooks don't know? They all have Bradley Chubb as the best pass rusher coming out? Not being facetious, I don't follow college ball.

I know he plays defense and the Jets need to fix their ******* offense for once. 

this is a ridiculous topic...they may get some insurance but are you kidding me? you dont give up on a franchise QB unless his arm literally falls off. they are not in any shape or form not handing the job to luck if he is healthy, or bringing in a heir apparent. 

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

this is a ridiculous topic...they may get some insurance but are you kidding me? you dont give up on a franchise QB unless his arm literally falls off. they are not in any shape or form not handing the job to luck if he is healthy, or bringing in a heir apparent. 

I think that's the point here - there are rumors that he might not be able to play again this year.

If they believe he's going to be out this year again - you could very easily see them picking a QB.  

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I think that's the point here - there are rumors that he might not be able to play again this year.

If they believe he's going to be out this year again - you could very easily see them picking a QB.  

there isnt anything i read of heard that would indicate that he would miss playing this season, but that aside...i still dont think they would ever draft a QB at 3. If you draft a guy at 3, or sign Cousins or do any of those things...thats a commitment to move on from Luck...and they are not doing that. the smart play would be to parley the fact that they were so bad this year into players to help luck, and these guys are not dumb.

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

there isnt anything i read of heard that would indicate that he would miss playing this season, but that aside...i still dont think they would ever draft a QB at 3. If you draft a guy at 3, or sign Cousins or do any of those things...thats a commitment to move on from Luck...and they are not doing that. the smart play would be to parley the fact that they were so bad this year into players to help luck, and these guys are not dumb.

I hear ya...I do think it's unlikely but not out of the question - A new HC isn't going to throw away another year waiting for him to be healthy in 2019.

Most sources say he'll be ready but I've heard it a couple of times that he might not be.

Not a reliable source - but there are concerns....

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2018/02/10/what-happens-andrew-luck-healthy/

On 2/11/2018 at 1:39 PM, BurnleyJet said:

Agreed, I can see the Colts go QB. If Luck can't go.

On 2/11/2018 at 2:31 PM, New York Mick said:

Reich still might get his own QB. Obviously hypothetically but he could trade Luck (Assuming he’s healthy and tradable) get his own QB, get extra picks and build his team. 

Taking a QB as insurance wouldn't be a dumb move.  Given the value of the position, it is still currency going forward should Luck bounce back at 100%. If he doesn't fully recover, Reich avoids being a bigger hole after his first season.

17 hours ago, Philc1 said:

We haven’t had a real pass rusher since Mangina traded away Abe in 2006

Offense wins in the modern NFL in the regular season. Our D needs to be solid and with all of our picks already used up on our D and via free agency we should be OK. Points win AND make for a more exciting team. Ground and pound is dead. We need some exciting players on offense and a solid O-line. But I guess if the Jets wanted to be an exciting team they wouldn't have hired Bowles. I would go O-line or Barkley in the first round. I just don't think a pass rusher is our missing piece on D. This team with a solid pass rusher will still find a way to underperform on D. We have more missing pieces on offense than defense because we've neglected it 10 years.

On 2/12/2018 at 5:18 AM, The Walrus said:

Once again, Indy seem to land on their feet and get a really good prospect, this time in Frank Reich as coach. One Superbowl win just isn't enough output for what they seem to have land at their feet.

And when we fire Bowles next year we'll get our pick of Chuck Pagano and Jeff Fisher.

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Offense wins in the modern NFL in the regular season. Our D needs to be solid and with all of our picks already used up on our D and via free agency we should be OK. Points win AND make for a more exciting team. Ground and pound is dead. We need some exciting players on offense and a solid O-line. But I guess if the Jets wanted to be an exciting team they wouldn't have hired Bowles. I would go O-line or Barkley in the first round. I just don't think a pass rusher is our missing piece on D. This team with a solid pass rusher will still find a way to underperform on D. We have more missing pieces on offense than defense because we've neglected it 10 years.

I agree the neglect on offense by the past several regimes has been egregious but our defense cannot sniff the qb that’s a massive problem 

Archived