Jump to content

Cimini is drunk


kevinc855
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Ah ok thought you were against defense.

I think the Jets should take any of the QB's there besides Allen(and even Allen I could probably stomach). If not, pass rusher is the next most important position. 

Guards, safeties, interior defense- just no

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Matt39 said:

I think the Jets should take any of the QB's there besides Allen(and even Allen I could probably stomach). If not, pass rusher is the next most important position. 

Guards, safeties, interior defense- just no

agree on pass rusher, problem is after Chubb is gone no one else worth of 6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as this sounds crazy, it’s probably one of 3 choices.  If we sign Cousins, it’s going to come down to Barkley, Chubb, and Fitzpatrick.  Darnold and Rosen go 1 & 2.  Indy takes Chubb, Fitzpatrick, or Barkley.  Cle takes their pick of the other two.  Denver goes QB, and the Jets are left with who’s available.  IMO, Chubb is too great a prospect to fall past 3 or 4.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pcola said:

As much as this sounds crazy, it’s probably one of 3 choices.  If we sign Cousins, it’s going to come down to Barkley, Chubb, and Fitzpatrick.  Darnold and Rosen go 1 & 2.  Indy takes Chubb, Fitzpatrick, or Barkley.  Cle takes their pick of the other two.  Denver goes QB, and the Jets are left with who’s available.  IMO, Chubb is too great a prospect to fall past 3 or 4.

I mean, or we take the best LT in the draft and kick Beachum to RT, thus upgrading two positions on the line. 

#McGlinchey 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not at 6 but I hope maybe with one of the 2nd round picks 

Auden Tate*, WR, Florida State  
Height: 6-5. Weight: 225.  
Projected 40 Time: 4.56. 
Projected Round (2018): 1-3. 

2/10/18: Tate totaled 40 receptions for 548 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2017, but he was really impressive. The huge receiver is a mismatch weapon who gives defensive backs a lot of problems. He is very dangerous to win jump balls downfield and is a real red-zone weapon. Tate's numbers were held back in 2017 by playing with the backup quarterback, but Tate has huge potential and upside for the NFL. Some sources think that Tate should have returned to Florida State for 2018 and improved before going to the next level, but he decided to enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

 

I'll definitely look into him! but I'm not sure that has much to do with me asking about #6 haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think the Jets should take any of the QB's there besides Allen(and even Allen I could probably stomach). If not, pass rusher is the next most important position. 

Guards, safeties, interior defense- just no

Agreed Edge Rusher should be the top pick if not a QB, we'll have to see how it shakes out but I think Chubb will be gone by the time we pick.

I can see us wanting a CB if we aren't completely sold on Claiborne's health. If Nelson is as good as he's being hyped I have no problem taking him assuming Chubb is gone. OL to protect your new franchise QB would not be a bad move, I think Nelson is actually the best player in this draft. I don't believe interior defense will come into play at 6 or anywhere in the top 3 rounds.

I like Key and Davenport a lot but I like a lot of the pass rushers that should be available in round 2 so I won't be upset if we look elsewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jets need a Corner what would be issue . Secondary would be beastly if we could add young stud at CB.. to go along with the Young Safties . 

 

but it again this would only be okay if we landed QB like Cousins . Other than that I’m ready to pay the ransom to secure a QB in this draft 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

If we sign Cousins and this guy is the next Jalen Ramsey than sure 

He may end up being a very good corner, but his value seems in his ability to play safety as well. What makes Minkah worthy of the 6th pick is what makes him not a good fit for this team. We need an elite cover corner. Jalen Ramsey was a freak athlete with elite speed. Minkah is glorified Jamal Adams. 

Minkah would make our defense better, but we need to either address offense/find a shutdown corner(which Minkah is not)/or find an edge rusher...again, all assuming we sign Cousins and don't need to use the pick on a QB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, k-met57 said:

i dont see anything wrong with that pick...MF can be a lock down corner in the NFL. Anyone who watched him play at Bama, esp prior to him moving to safety knows how special he is. I rather him then Ward...who will prob run like a 4.35 40.

 

(edit) assuming we sign a QB in FA....otherwise draft BA QB

Except he's not a Corner, he's more Saftey. I know a first round ILB who ran a 4.4 but can't cover T.E's to save his life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Jets need a Corner what would be issue . Secondary would be beastly if we could add young stud at CB.. to go along with the Young Safties . 

 

but it again this would only be okay if we landed QB like Cousins . Other than that I’m ready to pay the ransom to secure a QB in this draft 

I have one issue with that, the secondary will have to cover for a very long time, since we have zero pass rush.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Mel Kiper 2018 NFL Mock Draft: Jets Take Minkah Fitzpatrick

139
By John B  
 

usa_today_10550719.0.jpgMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr. has released his first mock draft of the year. He has the Jets going defense once again.

6. New York Jets

*Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama

Fitzpatrick is the top cornerback and safety in this draft. He could play either position. He was primarily a safety at Alabama, but he covered receivers in the slot and on the outside, and he consistently made plays. New York took safeties with its top two picks last year (Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye), so Fitzpatrick would be a corner for the Jets, who have an opening with Morris Claiborne a free agent this offseason. This is another spot to watch for one of the top quarterbacks.

As Kiper notes, Fitzpatrick could project to either cornerback or safety. Presumably the Jets would take him to play at corner.

At this early point, I can’t say I’d be wild about it. While Fitzpatrick did play some corner at Alabama, he did bounce around the Alabama secondary. His ability to play corner in the NFL would be as much projection as solid evidence on film. While I’m not necessarily opposed to that in theory, it would take some convincing for me to buy a projection player as high as 6. At this early point, I’m not a big fan of the corner class for this year.

In this particular mock Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Bradley Chubb, Saquon Barkley, and Sam Darnold are the first five players off the board.

People overreacting over headlines on the internet yet again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Jets need a Corner what would be issue . Secondary would be beastly if we could add young stud at CB.. to go along with the Young Safties . 

 

but it again this would only be okay if we landed QB like Cousins . Other than that I’m ready to pay the ransom to secure a QB in this draft 

Pats' DBs are forever castoffs, late rounders and Rutgers guys. The Jets forever overvalue the living sh~t out of defense generally and DBs especially. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Pats' DBs are forever castoffs, late rounders and Rutgers guys. The Jets forever overvalue the living sh~t out of defense generally and DBs especially. 

Yea, and how did that work out in the Super Bowl? They have Tom Brady who usually leads them to a top 3 offense every year. Their defense GOT SMOKED and they probably would have won the game if BB didn't sit Butler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We need another versatile guy at CB unless you guys want to watch Buster Skrine get abused again. We'll have 100 million, we have Tom Brady & the Pats in our division. Even the great Eagles defensive line couldn't get them to punt the ball.

If Chubb is gone, and we have signed Cousins I have no problem taking the best CB in the draft. In fact I would resign Claiborne if the price is right & also go after a CB like Fuller in free agency. 

We still would have 2 seconds & a high 3rd. I think Oline will be fixed in free agency & with one of our 2nd round picks. All I see here is everyone harping on the most important spots for high picks, LT, CB, QB & pass rusher. Beachum is under contract, he's not going anywhere, Shell is the RT & he's not going anywhere. So, Carpenters Guard spot & Center are the only areas they will look to upgrade. That leaves QB, CB & Pass Rusher. So if we've already signed Cousins, and Chubb is gone, Minkah is a good pick because the 2nd best pass rusher (Davenport?) is a small school project. No way am I passing on the best CB for that so I can see the Fitzpatrick pick panning out & why Kiper has him as our pick.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

someone who will acually sit the QB on his ass?

Agreed, which would mean defense no? That's the point I was trying to get across more than anything else. I like a few of the pass rushers that will be there in round 2 so I'd be okay with a different position at 6 if Chubb is gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We need another versatile guy at CB unless you guys want to watch Buster Skrine get abused again. We'll have 100 million, we have Tom Brady & the Pats in our division. Even the great Eagles defensive line couldn't get them to punt the ball.

If Chubb is gone, and we have signed Cousins I have no problem taking the best CB in the draft. In fact I would resign Claiborne if the price is right & also go after a CB like Fuller in free agency. 

We still would have 2 seconds & a high 3rd. I think Oline will be fixed in free agency & with one of our 2nd round picks. All I see here is everyone harping on the most important spots for high picks, LT, CB, QB & pass rusher. Beachum is under contract, he's not going anywhere, Shell is the RT & he's not going anywhere. So, Carpenters Guard spot & Center are the only areas they will look to upgrade. That leaves QB, CB & Pass Rusher. So if we've already signed Cousins, and Chubb is gone, Minkah is a good pick because the 2nd best pass rusher (Davenport?) is a small school project. No way am I passing on the best CB for that so I can see the Fitzpatrick pick panning out & why Kiper has him as our pick.

 

This is a great post, people want to get their panties in a twist just cause it feels good. Still lots of time before the draft so rankings will change but I completely agree with your assessment. Outside of QB I see our big board looking like

Chubb

Barkley

Nelson

Fitzpatrick

 

I like Key so if he rises then he would be ahead of Nelson and Fitzpatrick for me. I'm really high on a few of the 2nd round pass rushers to I'd be more apt to look outside round 1 if Chubb is gone.

If QB isn't the pick and Barkley and Chubb are gone I hope we get Nelson. Not a sexy pick but if he is an anchor for the next 10 years no one will have an issue with the pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

This is a great post, people want to get their panties in a twist just cause it feels good. Still lots of time before the draft so rankings will change but I completely agree with your assessment. Outside of QB I see our big board looking like

Chubb

Barkley

Nelson

Fitzpatrick

 

I like Key so if he rises then he would be ahead of Nelson and Fitzpatrick for me. I'm really high on a few of the 2nd round pass rushers to I'd be more apt to look outside round 1 if Chubb is gone.

If QB isn't the pick and Barkley and Chubb are gone I hope we get Nelson. Not a sexy pick but if he is an anchor for the next 10 years no one will have an issue with the pick.

I completely agree with this unless we go hard & sign both Jensen & Norwell to solve out Oline holes. I would totally be ok with Barkley but NOT if we still have our 2 second round picks. Way to many good backs that will definitely be on the board at #37/ probably be a very good RB at 49. This is supposed to be a great draft for RBs & last year Kamara & Hunt were 3rd rounders. 

Especially if you fix the line 1st. Any good back in the NFL can run behind a good line.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Mel Kiper 2018 NFL Mock Draft: Jets Take Minkah Fitzpatrick

139
By John B  
 

usa_today_10550719.0.jpgMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr. has released his first mock draft of the year. He has the Jets going defense once again.

6. New York Jets

*Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama

Fitzpatrick is the top cornerback and safety in this draft. He could play either position. He was primarily a safety at Alabama, but he covered receivers in the slot and on the outside, and he consistently made plays. New York took safeties with its top two picks last year (Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye), so Fitzpatrick would be a corner for the Jets, who have an opening with Morris Claiborne a free agent this offseason. This is another spot to watch for one of the top quarterbacks.

As Kiper notes, Fitzpatrick could project to either cornerback or safety. Presumably the Jets would take him to play at corner.

At this early point, I can’t say I’d be wild about it. While Fitzpatrick did play some corner at Alabama, he did bounce around the Alabama secondary. His ability to play corner in the NFL would be as much projection as solid evidence on film. While I’m not necessarily opposed to that in theory, it would take some convincing for me to buy a projection player as high as 6. At this early point, I’m not a big fan of the corner class for this year.

In this particular mock Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Bradley Chubb, Saquon Barkley, and Sam Darnold are the first five players off the board.

If those 5 were taken, I would think we need to trade out or go w/ the Notre Dame Guard..

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...