Is there any interest for Jacoby Brissett?

Pointdexter

39 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Would you be willing to part with our lesser 2nd rd pick for him?

I liked him coming out and thought he flashed a bit in a tough situation in Indy.

Let me put my glasses on because I thought I just read something about a 2nd round pick for Jacoby Brissett? We get the 2nd round pick?

I wouldn't give up a2 for him but if we draft a QB I'd rather take him as our "insurance policy" type guy in case the pick isn't ready vs. McCown.  At least the guy is young and has some upside.  He's not great but he could hold the fort if necessary.   If we were to go that route though I'd rather try and get Bridgewater if he becomes available.  Again, not to necessarily be the starter of the future but to compete with our draft pick.  Teams like the Eagles and Seahawks have shown that it makes sense to sort of hedge your bets at the QB position until you find one.  Let McCown be the new QB coach under Bates if he's interested.

What is our fascination with non-starting QB's? Brissett, nice story this season sure, miles ahead of McCown but come on. 4 wins. WE need a STARTING QB not some guy we hope can maybe develop, we haven't been able to develop sh!t in decades. 

I'd rather trade for Chad Kelly for some type of contingent draft pick than Brissett.

15 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I wouldn't give up a2 for him but if we draft a QB I'd rather take him as our "insurance policy" type guy in case the pick isn't ready vs. McCown.  At least the guy is young and has some upside.  He's not great but he could hold the fort if necessary.   If we were to go that route though I'd rather try and get Bridgewater if he becomes available.  Again, not to necessarily be the starter of the future but to compete with our draft pick.  Teams like the Eagles and Seahawks have shown that it makes sense to sort of hedge your bets at the QB position until you find one.  Let McCown be the new QB coach under Bates if he's interested.

I agree I'd rather trade for Bridgewater but there is no way I want to give up a high pick that should translate into a starter for an insurance policy.

21 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I agree I'd rather trade for Bridgewater but there is no way I want to give up a high pick that should translate into a starter for an insurance policy.

Bridgewater is a free agent.  Trading for a free agent would be even worse than trading for Brissett.  How would the compensation work?  I guess you are talking about if his contract tolls because of the PUP list?  Same sh*t is going on with McCarron. 

8 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

I'm surprised that so many are so down on Brissett. He was only a 2nd year guy that played respectably and flashed upside. I wonder how many ppl bagging on this dude was posting for an entire year what a stud Christian Hackenberg is.

2nd rd pick. nope. that was your condition. no one said hack was a stud. stop trolling 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Bridgewater is a free agent.  Trading for a free agent would be even worse than trading for Brissett.  How would the compensation work?  I guess you are talking about if his contract tolls because of the PUP list?  Same sh*t is going on with McCarron. 

Yes that's exactly what I'm referring to except there are slightly different situations between McCarron and Bridgewater. With McCarron he was cleared to play but was placed on the PUP list so I think he'll actually win his case since he should have accrued 3 years but with Bridgewater he was not cleared to return to practice until late October so he did not accrue the 3 years no matter how you look at it.

I think the Vikings are going to 1st Round Tender Teddy for $4M and then go after Cousins. If they get Cousins they'll either keep Teddy as cheap insurance since they are a SB caliber roster or they will trade him for a pick. If they miss on Cousins then I think they will pay Teddy more than the Tender as a show of good faith moving forward.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

For a third? Yeah

That I'd certainly consider, but I don't think it makes sense for the Colts to move him this year for a 3rd when Luck is coming off an injury. He's under contract for 2 years on the cheap so I think they keep him unless offered a 2nd or higher. I think they trade him next offseason if Luck shows that he is healthy.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes Jacoby Brissett would be the best QB on our roster he showed some good stuff with a bad team. 

Nice to see a little levity. I don't think we've had a young QB with Brissett's potential and tools in yrs.

Apparently a late 2nd rounder is too steep of a price for a young QB that has proven he can play? Ppl rather roll the dice with Mason Rudolph late rd 1 or maybe Josh Allen at #6 overall? Or better yet let's give the highest contract ever to a dude that hasn't won bunk in Washington with a far better supporting talent than the Jets can offer up.

Not sure I understand our fans sometimes.

20 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Nice to see a little levity. I don't think we've had a young QB with Brissett's potential and tools in yrs.

Apparently a late 2nd rounder is too steep of a price for a young QB that has proven he can play? Ppl rather roll the dice with Mason Rudolph late rd 1 or maybe Josh Allen at #6 overall? Or better yet let's give the highest contract ever to a dude that hasn't won bunk in Washington with a far better supporting talent than the Jets can offer up.

I agree I like our chances with Jacoby Brissett better than some of the other options. 

This is a 2 prong question or at least it should be . I have a ton of interest in Jacoby Brissett as I had when he was coming out in the draft. I would love to forget about drafting a QB if Josh Rosen was gone, resign McCown and take a flier on Brissett as our starting QB if he won the competition .

The other part of this would be the compensation for Brissett and that would be a 3rd round pick with us getting back a 7th . Our 3rd round pick is too high of a valuable pick who could possibly be yet another starter . I would not let the 3rd be a deal breaker, but I would push for that 7th until it became obvious the deal couldn't be completed .

This would be Brissett's 3rd year in the league and probably his 1st with the opportunity to get 1st team reps in camp with his offense . The Jets have started much worst than a Jacoby Brissett at QB over the last few years .

54 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Brissett is ok.  Definitely not a franchise qb his ceiling is Jay Fiedler 

Archived