Ownership sucks, and fantasy hypothetical question about Jim Harbaugh

TheNuuFaaolaExperience

20 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is why ownership sucks! You can make more money by putting the best possible team on the field. Just for once, I want an owner who accepts nothing less than consistent playoff contention. 

If they get to 10-6 and make the playoffs, why would Bowles be fired?

Especially if they use a rookie QB to do it

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't know if a competent owner would see it as underachievement. 
It would all come back to expectations. which last year favored Bowles.

Marty Schottenheimer was fired after a 14-2 playoff season. Competent owners fire coaches who are unable to win big games. 

One of my most favorite clips of all time is when Woody Johnson was trying to talk football with Mike Westhoff. The clip, on its own, is enough to scare any good potential HC away from coaching this team. Fast forward to 5:40 to check it out.

Can you imagine Jim Harbaugh trying to explain to Woody Johnson why David Clowney is terrible at football, only to have Woody offer HIS view, as if he has any credibility whatsoever on the subject?

29 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Jim Harbaugh is not Todd Bowles, so he is an immediate upgrade. 

Jim Harbaugh is a chadspreader and Bowles is too passive for a NY head coach.

Being an upgrade to Todd Bowles isnt saying much and it certainly doesnt warrant a key to the executive bathroom with a Johnson.  Could you imagine those urinal conversations? 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If you think Chris Johnson, the guy that celebrated 3-3 like it was a wildcard birth will be tossing MaccBowles out after actually making the playoffs? You are not paying attention. The Johnsons live for mediocrity and are ok with a competitive team. It’s a fun investment for them. That is all. I mean dude? Woody literally took a vacation and gave his little brother the team to play with. The playoffs would be good enough for the Johnsons. 

Sometimes you read a post & it smashes you right in the face! Here we all are caring so much about our NFL football team & our idiot silver spooned owner is just hands over the keys to the franchise to his little brother. 

Here Chris, take it for a spin but don't wreck its worth 2.75 billion. WTF! We really are are a fu*king circus.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He has underachieved at Michigan. So IDK

Because college is all about recruiting.  If Harbaugh had an unlimited budget to pay players plus a great party campus like Alabama and Ohio State do he’d win in college too

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

One of my most favorite clips of all time is when Woody Johnson was trying to talk football with Mike Westhoff. The clip, on its own, is enough to scare any good potential HC away from coaching this team. Fast forward to 5:40 to check it out.

Can you imagine Jim Harbaugh trying to explain to Woody Johnson why David Clowney is terrible at football, only to have Woody offer HIS view, as if he has any credibility whatsoever on the subject?

all owners do that. That's the best part of being an owner

There's no salary cap for coaches, so I don't care if they pay the right guy $500MM a game for 50 years. There's really no point in discussing salary for coaches.

To me Harbaugh is a Parcells-type - he'll come in and change the culture, but the players tire of him. So I don't know if he'll be the guy, but he might be the guy that gets you to the guy.

Archived