If Jets lose out on Cousins and Draft goes this way, what's the plan?

Sully80

55 minutes ago, faba said:

Foles you would have to trade for first of all Mac knows he has to get a QB not named McCown as starter

I'd be fine with McCown starting again as long as we draft a stud QB in the 1st round. I couldn't think of a better mentor than McCown.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lamar Jackson is better then both Allen, and Mayfield.  Combine, and Pro days haven’t even happened yet everyone needs to chill the **** out.

I had dismissed Jackson earlier but I’m starting to become intrigued.

On a semi-related note, our draft position totally sucks. 

1 hour ago, Sully80 said:

Assuming Mac doesn't have the stones to trade up, the board falls like this:

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Allen (trade)

4. Barkley

5. Mayfield

6. ????

Assuming the rest of the expected FA QBs are available, personally, I would bring in one of McCarron, Foles, or Keenum and draft Chubb if this happened. I'm curious to see what people on here think, because I don't believe its such an unlikely scenario. What is more likely than this however, is that Keenum, McCarron, Foles and the rest of the lot have already signed with a team or have been traded prior to the draft, which means we'd probably just have to sign up for McCown and Hackenberg :1cry:

If things went that way I'd draft Chicken Little, since the sky is apparently falling.

53 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I had dismissed Jackson earlier but I’m starting to become intrigued.

On a semi-related note, our draft position totally sucks. 

Yeah but those 5 wins were great moral victories because haters like me thought we were going 1-15

1 minute ago, Freemanm said:

The plan then is to fire Macc on his failure to get a QB (and pray that Bowles goes with him). Start over after that with a competent coach. Hell, I think Jack Del Rio would do a far better job than Bowles at this point.

So would anyone with a pulse

2 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Why is it that clear ice cubes always make whiskey or scotch look better? They don't really make it taste any better. 

The mellow color of the whiskey is accentuated by the imperfections in the ice giving it a appealing glow. How do I know? Years of staring into it after every Jet Game.

I think if the Jets somehow lose out on Cousins and cannot trade up for Darnold or Rosen, draft Chubb, Barkley, or trade down.  If unable to trade down, take Nelson.

Then target Lauletta, Rudolph, and Luke Falk in the third round.  Hopefully Bates can develop one of them.  Then try to permanently address the position in 2019.

Missing out on my top three choices (Cousins, Darnold, & Rosen) then resign McCown.

It doesn’t make sense to throw $20M+ for Keenum because he’s not coming with the offensive coaches that made him great this season.  Bridgewater and Bradford are not even short term answers.

1 - Call agents for Keenum or Bridgewater (if healthy), if reasonable sign one and draft Chubb OR

2 - Call teams to trade for Foles or Dalton, if reasonable, make deal and draft Chubb OR 

3 - Trade down with goal to take 2 of of the remaining QB's; Jackson, Rudolph, Falk, etc... OR 

Take the hybrid safety and move the team to St Louis, Oakland, San Diego or London before the Zombies (formally known as Jets fans) destroy Florham Park

Archived