Rudolph: One of the Most Overrated in this coming Draft Class?

Warfish

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758603-scouts-report-the-most-overrated-prospects-in-the-2018-nfl-draft-class?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Scout's Quote: "You have him in Round 2 and I just don't see it. He has a weak arm and plays in a bulls--t scheme. Bryce Petty all over again"

Mason Rudolph is, like the scout says, in my second-round rankings, but that isn't an opinion shared by the team employing this evaluator. He went on to add, "I can see him going second round in a mock draft, but there is no way he should be valued there." 

The issue with grading quarterbacks for the entire league (media) and not just one team is that flaws in a player's game might make him an awful fit for some teams and fine for others. If you want an athletic quarterback that can move, Rudolph isn't your guy. If you want a seasoned pocket passer with pretty good touch accuracy, he is a decent option.

• Replies 81
    • Created
    • Last Reply
    18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yes that seems about right. I don't see the attraction in rd 1 like some mocks and even rd 2 seems like it could go in a Hackenberg like direction. Related to this Lamar Jackson is way too low. 

Such is the extreme desperation of the QB-needy. We coulda had a Watson. :(

Just now, jgb said:

Such is the extreme desperation of the QB-needy. We coulda had a Watson. :(

Watson is a legit star he's also coming off his 2nd ACL. Mahomes was always  my favorite but either way they have to get serious and take a QB in rd 1. or just forfeit the games. either works 

He doesnt have a big arm?  That's a first.  That ball comes flying out any time I've seen him play. He's got a great deep ball. 

He plays in a bull sh*t scheme? So does another QB with a worse arm and is 5 inches shorter but he's becoming the darling of the class.

Interesting. I fail to see the difference between him and most of the top named QB's but whatevs.  This draft process is bizarre, each year it gets more stupid and tedious. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Watson is a legit star he's also coming off his 2nd ACL. Mahomes was always  my favorite but either way they have to get serious and take a QB in rd 1. or just forfeit the games. either works 

Go nuts offer #6 to Texans for Watson I'll take the ACL risk over the Macc-drafting-a-QB risk (again).

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I remember when you dropped the BOMB and said Watson would fall the 3rd round after the Ourlads Scouting reporting of his 49 MPH!!!!  It drove this board into a frenzy.

So looking forward to their reports this year. 

Just now, JiF said:

I remember when you dropped the BOMB and said Watson would fall the 3rd round after the Ourlads Scouting reporting of his 49 MPH!!!!

So looking forward to their reports this year. 

You can cherry pick anyone's record as an indictment. Jesus lost his cool in the temple.

The way I see this whole first round is:

...if they don't sign Cousins they need to..

• Draft one of either Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson or Allen at #6
    • Trade up to #3 to land Rosen or Darnold if either is still there

...if they do sign Cousins they need to...

• Draft Nelson, Barkley or Chubb

Just now, jgb said:

You can cherry pick anyone's record as an indictment. Jesus lost his cool in the temple.

I wasnt knocking Bit.  We've been doing this stuff together for years.  We get them wrong, we get them right and when you put yourself out there, you have to be able to take it.  I just was referring mostly to what that report did around here as an example of how stupid this process has become. 

Just now, JiF said:

I wasnt knocking Bit.  We've been doing this stuff together for years.  We get them wrong, we get them right and when you put yourself out there, you have to be able to take it.  I just was referring mostly to what that report did around here as an example of how stupid this process has become. 

Fair enough

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

He doesnt have a big arm?  That's a first.  That ball comes flying out any time I've seen him play. He's got a great deep ball. 

He plays in a bull sh*t scheme? So does another QB with a worse arm and is 5 inches shorter but he's becoming the darling of the class.

Interesting. I fail to see the difference between him and most of the top named QB's but whatevs.  This draft process is bizarre, each year it gets more stupid and tedious. 

Even taking out my own personal opinion, every single evaluation on Rudolph says weak arm. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I mostly get them right fwiw. Hess GM in '19

31 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The way I see this whole first round is:

...if they don't sign Cousins they need to..

• Draft one of either Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson or Allen at #6
    • Trade up to #3 to land Rosen or Darnold if either is still there

...if they do sign Cousins they need to...

• Draft Nelson, Barkley or Chubb

if they dont sign Cousins moving up to 3 seems to be a waste of draft picks....who else is worth moving up for?

8 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

if they dont sign Cousins moving up to 3 seems to be a waste of draft picks....who else is worth moving up for?

What I'm saying is, as of February 13th, those are the acceptable scenarios imo, to whatever degree you want to deem fit. I actually do state...for, "Rosen or Darnold" fwiw. 

Just now, HessStation said:

What I'm saying is, as of February 13th, those are the acceptable scenarios imo, to whatever degree you want to deem fit. I actually do state...for, "Rosen or Darnold" fwiw. 

Give it time to soak in

59 minutes ago, JiF said:

Teams passed on a legit potential top five 5 NFL QB in Watson last year because of some doofuses with a radar gun they bought at Best Buy. Let that sink in 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Not even a rich man's. The one thing we don't know is what's between the ears with these guys and nobody is a clone to another but I'd agree on not wanting him before the 4th. 

I think he's more physically gifted than Petty. He's a little bigger and has a stronger arm. But they're very similar players in almost every other respect.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'd take Rudolph over Mayfield in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Rudolph is going to be a better pro than Mayfield 

This idea that we now need to stay away from big athletic qbs because of Petty and Hack is nauseating 

Archived